aren't there a couple apps that can do this?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 01:10 PM
    Thanks. I just set up my baseball team on Rogers Extreme Texting. Whew! Now for my 8 Ball and 9 Ball teams.
    08-15-13 01:30 PM
    Not having to ability to save a distribution list in my contacts is paramount to obscenity.

Personally; I'm a parent of 3 daughters and I NEED to and want to be able to send the kids pics and or messages. I should not have to select 3 names each time I want to send a message.

Professionally: I'm a FF/Paramedic and have the need to group message my crew. I DON"T HAVE TIME to gp through my contacts list each time I want to initiate a message to my crew.
    I'm also the Tactical Medic on my city's SRT (SWAT) Team. AGAIN..... I can't be fingrer F'ing my BB every time want to initiate a message to my team, and or the support teams./ responding EMS and or LE agencies.

This is a major failure on the part of the BB developers.

Looks like I'm gonna spend the money for the above mentioned app. I hope it actually works. Since there are only 76 reviews I'm thinking oh well. If it sucks it's only 3 bucks unlike the hundreds spent on a crap (not so) "smart" phone..
    RickEFoxJr likes this.
    08-30-13 07:26 PM
    What were they thinking? I have a Q10. I waited for a whole year to upgrade, just so I could get the OS10 with a keyboard. Now I can't group SMS? This OS doesn't seem to have read receipts either. Most of what was cool about OS 6 & 7 is gone. It just LOOKS like a blackberry. No decent apps. I'm probably going to return this piece of crap and go back to Android. They should be embarrassed. I'm not even sure this thing pushes email. And no ball or trackpad and forget about a back button too. I might as well have a Samsung Replenish, except that would actually group text. I should just reactivate my Tour.
    Mack Gans likes this.
    10-02-13 04:51 PM
    Mu supervisor uses a q10 and does it often for group assignments. I done it the other day for picking up multiple people for work.

Just add numbers/contacts.

Remember you get charged a separate sms message by your carrier for each contact

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 04:54 PM
    Bump! Thanks for a your responses. Let's get it to their attention!

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 03:13 PM
    As i said previously, i agree completely- its backwards not being able to mass/group text. Then again, im not emtirely surprised. Aother feature i just "deal with"
    10-07-13 06:55 PM
    BUMPPPPP!!!!
    10-13-13 11:41 AM
    Bump for what?

While i guess it would seem like a brand would have the power of decision in what the phones will be able to do- ive heard from other more seasoned members here that the "mass" or "group" texting ability really is from the carriers end.......not the "brand of phone" per se

It bothers me a great deal I cannot mass text an important message to anyone. In fact, it makes me text less cause i cant f'n be bothered to make 15 groups of 10 contacts
    10-13-13 09:07 PM
    Group Texting (BlackBerry 10)?-img_00000047.png

Posted via CB10
    yvpan1 likes this.
    10-13-13 09:13 PM
    Interesting. Late and a complete and total oversight, but good in some way i guess. i dont mean to be a debbie downer but gosh blackberry is making me sad
    10-13-13 09:16 PM
    SMSbyNow is what I've been using for a couple months now. I created a group consisting of 40 or so phone numbers and emails and send my msgs out daily. Its better than the "group chat" we have on bb10 so far

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10!
    10-13-13 09:32 PM
    Im perplexed why any phone would need to make use of an app, to send text messags to whom they want. Thats is plain backwards. Smfh
    10-13-13 10:00 PM
88 ... 234