that isn't what they are asking... you posted pictures of group conversations. What everyone here wants is to do group texting (as in being able to set of groups to do a bulk message)
    Please tell me how it is different. Everyone gets the messages, everyone responds and again everyone can see everything that is sent by anyone and everyone in the group...I must not understand.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 10:59 PM
    Please tell me how it is different. Everyone gets the messages, everyone responds and again everyone can see everything that is sent by anyone and everyone in the group...I must not understand.

Posted via CB10
    In this thread, they don't want people to respond through the group, the end user should receive just a text message.

In essence, this thread wants MASS texting, rather than group texting.
    03-25-13 07:57 AM
    Possible solution for Rogers customers,

Download the my account app if you haven't already, then look at the sidebar that provides all the options and click on extreme messaging. You can then create a distribution/group list from that service till blackberry resolves that.

Hopefully that provides a temp solution. For other service providers find out if they have a service built in like Rogers does!

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    03-25-13 09:54 AM
    Same here, I even have a thread about it. I am with ATT on a 9810 and can only send a text to 10 people at a time. The times we are in now- we should be able to mass text our phonebook quickly and efficiently. Would be a great feature to have. Not a deal breaker for me but setting up like 10 groups of 10 is beyond annoying.
    You are right with the restrictions you were experiencing of only being able to send a message to 10 people at a time. After looking into this deeper, the amount of contacts you can send a SMS to in one message is a restriction imposed by the CARRIERS. AT&T's limit is 10, while my carrier in Canada, Telus, their limit is 20.

Separately, if a certain phone & OS do not have the ability to create a group contact, this is a limitation of the OS or just a missing feature. BB10 seems more than capable, it just seems to be a matter of "IF" they will implement this feature back into the new operating system.
    03-29-13 12:51 PM
    Group text is great.. Now I'm guessing some features are missing and that is the issue. I did ^^^^ Save group and I named it. I go back to the group text when I need it again. All replies have stayed in group.
    03-29-13 01:12 PM
    this is really where a developer can make alot of money.. On my iphone i have an app (paid a few bucks for) that allows me to mass text to my contact and create groups within the app. Since at&t has a limit and bb doesn't allow the creation of groups this leaves a window for a developer to really monetize on this feature. I will personally buy a app that can do this immediately
    03-29-13 03:17 PM
    Put me down for a $20 donation if it would help get an app like this. I love my Z10 but it blows my mind that you can not create a contact group. How is that possible from a Blackberry?
    Plazmic Flame and CrownIsle like this.
    03-30-13 02:55 PM
    This is a serious shortfall of the OS. I need the ability to group contacts, for group emails or group txt. This should be a simple OS modification? or has someone figured out how to do it yet?
    So true ... I am really disappointed with the Z10 compared to the other BlackBerry's ...
    04-06-13 11:21 PM
    Group text is great.. Now I'm guessing some features are missing and that is the issue. I did ^^^^ Save group and I named it. I go back to the group text when I need it again. All replies have stayed in group.
    Not for me ... matter of fact, some people aren't getting the messages AND when I tried to go back to post another message, it wouldn't let me ... this phone is a disaster ... I've had many BlackBerry models and this is the forst one I am truly disappointed in ....
    04-06-13 11:25 PM
    Not for me ... matter of fact, some people aren't getting the messages AND when I tried to go back to post another message, it wouldn't let me ... this phone is a disaster ... I've had many BlackBerry models and this is the forst one I am truly disappointed in ....
    Could it be your network?
    04-07-13 09:45 AM
    This has been a serious problem for me. If i didnt love the phone so much, i wouldnt wait around for them to fix it but looks like i cant give up the peek and flow. PLEASE BLACKBERRY! Fix this soon.
    04-07-13 04:25 PM
    So true ... I am really disappointed with the Z10 compared to the other BlackBerry's ...
    I have no idea how that is possible.
    04-08-13 06:08 PM
    You know that mass sms has no guarantee on delivery, right? Having the sms drop is usually not an issue with the phone - all the phone does is to send the sms to the smsc, and crosses the fingers that it gets delivered.

As an aside, don't check the enable group conversation for the mass sms - subject to carrier limitation and no guarantee on delivery. Check it and you are sending a multiple recipient MMS.

Either way, it's a great way for carriers to make money. I'd just use something a bit more reliable if I need to get a message out reliably.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 12:04 AM
    I know you can select all the recipients and enable a group convo for texting, and I did that, but how do I save it after I name the chat so that I can go back to that group without reselecting everyone again? Very confusing, and frustrating. I need to save a group and be able to go right to it when I need to send a group text. UGH! please help.
    04-14-13 01:27 PM
    I know you can select all the recipients and enable a group convo for texting, and I did that, but how do I save it after I name the chat so that I can go back to that group without reselecting everyone again? Very confusing, and frustrating. I need to save a group and be able to go right to it when I need to send a group text. UGH! please help.
    I have the exact question. I dont know why this isnt a bigger issue with others. Was there really so few people that used the Group contact on BB7? Why would Blackberry let you name a chat and then not give you te option to store that chat ot save it somewhere or at least give the ability to search for that chat. I cant even find a way to search for it. Nameing a chat is worthless IMO unless you can do something with the name. There has got to be someone out there that knows how to handle this.
    04-14-13 03:17 PM
    BUMP.

This has been a huge issue for me since ive had my Z10. Sending text messages with multiple people is already a chore because even though I have facebook contacts turned off in the contacts app, FB contacts STILL show up when selecting text recipents.

So not only do i have to find all the people i want to mass-text one by one, I also have to deal with my 1000 FB friends who i dont want in my contacts to begin with!!!!

Blackberry!!! I have to have my Group Texting back! Please make it happen!
    Davidro1 likes this.
    04-22-13 02:46 PM
    Here is app for BB10 that makes group SMS:
    BlackBerry World - SMSbyNow
    SMSbyNow
    04-26-13 05:59 PM
    Here is app for BB10 that makes group SMS:
    BlackBerry World - SMSbyNow
    SMSbyNow
    05-04-13 04:16 PM
    I've been able to send a mass text to over 50 people at one time on my z10 Tmobile. Unfortunately I can't save them to group contacts. I just haven't deleted the text and just keep texting them as a work around. I used to be able to save group contacts for emails and texts with my 9900 but now I can't with my z10.
    Today was an emergency. My Wrestling coach canceled class an hour before it was about to start. I needed to quickly text all of my students that class was canceled and I had to manually enter everyones cell number and submit the text. It took me an hour to enter all the numbers and I was too late! Hopefully I don't lose any clients!
    05-04-13 04:29 PM
    I just bought SMSbyNow in BlackBerry World and it's AMAZING! Now that my mass texting needs are complete I just need a mass emailing app or for BlackBerry to add group contacts for emails in the next z10 update.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 06:00 PM
    Are you a developer posing as a CB member with two accounts?

Anyway, I guess I will just save contacts.
    06-25-13 04:35 PM
    I agree with everything i've read here.

How i miss my 9800 torch. This feature was so good and i missed it so much until somebody intrduced me to SMSbyNow. This is an app you can download from the Blackberry World for a couple of pounds/dollars.

You create your mailing lists in there for SMS or Email groups. It allows you to send bulk emails or sms messages to individuals in the list. Each recipient in the list does not see everybody else and when they reply it is only received by the sender (You). it stores all your history in each of the contacts profiles, its a gem!

However, be aware there is a restriction on the number of contacts you can put into the group so you would still need to create groupx1 groupx2 etc... if you exceed the numbers allowed. I'm still trying to discover the maximum number of contacts, i'm upto 79 contacts per group. I think this is the maximum it will send but it does let you keep adding them without informing you that you've exceeded the limit.

I would highly recommend this as a substitute to waiting for Blackberry to install this feature in the new OS.

Allwap
    08-03-13 04:48 AM
    Bump!

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 03:15 PM
    Very good point. I am very disappointed with BB10 for the omission of this useful feature. I regularly (sometimes daily) send texts to a group of nearly 100 people. My 9780 handled this brilliantly. Please get this sorted.
    08-05-13 02:18 PM
    Just got my Z10. I want to group text my baseball team like I did with my Torch. After reading this thread, I'm really disappointed that I can't set up and save a group. Adding 13 contacts to every text is really tedious.
    08-15-13 01:08 PM
88 1234