I've researched this issue and I think group texting should work on BB10. I think you're supposed to set your texting app to automatically select MMS or SMS.

I did that on my ATT PP on T-Mobile (unlocked). For the first time I could sent a test message to a group of two others. But subsequent texts would not send.

Is there more to this than this one setting? This seems like a weak spot for this OS (no I'm not buying a Key2).

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-18 10:29 PM
    Never been a problem for me nor did I have to change any settings. Start a text, add contacts, and text.

I do wish I could add or delete contacts from an existing conversation.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    06-19-18 10:09 AM
    Never been a problem for me nor did I have to change any settings. Start a text, add contacts, and text.

I do wish I could add or delete contacts from an existing conversation.

This has always been an issue for me on BB10. I don't get it.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-18 02:11 PM
    Hmmm, wonder if I misunderstood your question. I don't have any Groups in my Contacts. I add the individual contact name(s), then text.
    06-19-18 02:41 PM
    I've researched this issue and I think group texting should work on BB10. I think you're supposed to set your texting app to automatically select MMS or SMS.

I did that on my ATT PP on T-Mobile (unlocked). For the first time I could sent a test message to a group of two others. But subsequent texts would not send.

Is there more to this than this one setting? This seems like a weak spot for this OS (no I'm not buying a Key2).

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Stupid question but here goes? Do you have your mobile data turned on? Group text goes out via MMS which requires mobile data on any T-Mobile or AT&T device I’ve ever used.
    06-19-18 07:45 PM
    Hmmm, wonder if I misunderstood your question. I don't have any Groups in my Contacts. I add the individual contact name(s), then text.
    If I receive a text where it goes to other people in a group text, I can't reply to the whole group.
    06-21-18 01:06 AM
    Stupid question but here goes? Do you have your mobile data turned on? Group text goes out via MMS which requires mobile data on any T-Mobile or AT&T device I’ve ever used.
    Yeah. Otherwise I couldn't text at all. Maybe the wifi calling is messing it up on my new carrier. On ATT it would send out as individual emails. That might have been a setting.
    06-21-18 01:07 AM
    Yeah. Otherwise I couldn't text at all. Maybe the wifi calling is messing it up on my new carrier. On ATT it would send out as individual emails. That might have been a setting.
    On AT&T, I can do phone calls and SMS text with my data toggle off. I can mms and Internet with data toggle on. Wifi obviously allowed Internet. Wifi but data toggled off seemed to glitch MMS, either photos or groups.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-18 05:36 AM
    In my experience, group text messages (SMS) are a hit and miss depending on device and carrier.

For example, I can receive a group text message just fine (involving myself and some iPhones and some Androids), and it is clearly shown as a group/broadcast text with all the individual recipients included. However, as soon as one person tries to reply it normally breaks down quickly as the reply seems to often be sent (or handled on other phones) as an individual message back to only the sender (as opposed to another group text back to same group list of recipients) and the group recipients therefore start to only see single sides of some of the conversations, or the conservations start showing up in their chats areas with only individual respective contacts.

If all the recipients have the same exact phone model / OS on the same exact carrier, then I think the chance of seamless success increases.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-21-18 06:00 AM
    If I receive a text where it goes to other people in a group text, I can't reply to the whole group.
    My wife just had the same thing happen earlier this year after many years and several devices (BBOS and Android) with the same carrier (AT&T). Her current phone is an LG G4 running Android 6.0. Side rant: One friggin' OS upgrade. Doubt any G4 users will get 7.x.

I have no idea how to do a clean install or even refresh Android, and I'm afraid to try on her phone. I installed and switched between several message apps: Google Messenger (stock app), Android Messages, Textra, and Yaata. Problem went away with Textra and Yaata. She's using Yaata due to some goofy Textra preferences/formatting (I forget).

I have never had a group text problem with my Torch 9800 (BBOS 6.x and 6.x hybrids) or Z10.

You could try a refresh with a non-destructive load of Blitz using Sachesi or DBBT. If that fails, a clean install (destructive) using an autoloader appears to be your only option IMO.

Pete
    AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    06-21-18 11:22 AM
    Thanks all. I might need to do a destructive install anyway since my phone is going crazy anyway heating up and crashing.

But the group ptext problem might persist based on experience. Will play with data and wifi toggling.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-18 12:59 PM
    Only works occasionally on my key one always loved my bold but this keyone doesn't live up to it. Just my opinion.
    06-24-18 07:59 AM
    Only works occasionally on my key one always loved my bold but this keyone doesn't live up to it. Just my opinion.
    Irrelevant. We're talking about BB10.

06-24-18 12:48 PM
    Sorry didn't mean to pass off the post patrol.
    06-24-18 12:55 PM
    Sorry didn't mean to pass off the post patrol.
    That’s ok. All’s forgiven. Welcome to CrackBerry......
    06-24-18 08:07 PM
    Group texting normally does not work well on BB10 depending on the OS's involved and the Carrier. As someone mentioned it arrives Ok but replies start to appear as individual replies and it then becomes a game to corral everything into a coherent understanding of the conversation.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-18 12:38 PM