I left iPhone and came to BB 10 with a classic and Z30. My group messaging was messed up. When I sent a group message to my iPhone friends their replies came back as individual messages. When they included me in a group message, I never got it. I googled, worked it in this forum, prayed and finally decided to give up because as a Pastor I am often a part of group messaging from my members and staff. I had decided I had lost the battle and was being FORCED back to iPhone. See my previous post.

I was just getting ready to turn my iPhone back on and transfer my number and all of a sudden I had an epiphany. I decided to call Verizon. You would not believe the courteous and knowledgable help I received. The first person went through about a 10 minute check list with me. Very nice, very thorough, I was very surprised as she actually sincerely tried to help me. Once she had exhausted her list she said I had all my settings correct and she said she needed to transfer me to some other department where she was confident they could help me. "Bob" (not real name) from Verizon gets on the line and ends up borrowing someone's iPhone and then we start group messaging each other and replying back and forth. We did this for at least thirty minutes. I'm using my wife's iPhone and he's using somebody's iPhone and I'm on my Classic. I mean to tell you he was so nice and thorough. He assured me he would solve my problem and that the problem was not with BB but with iOS.

He said to fix this group messaging problem that I needed to go back to the iPhone users and have them delete any group message they had sent me while I was on my iPhone in iMessage. He said it was sort of scummy but iPhones are set up to make it hard for you to leave iOS. Their iPhones were remembering sending me iMessages in the past so they kept on sending me iMessages of which I could not receive. But if I deleted the previous iMessage texts and sent them a "new" group message from my Classic it would fix the problem.

WOO HOO Snap!! He was 100% correct! I was expecting the Verizon Customer Service to treat a BB user like trash but boy, was I wrong. If I could get to this guy I would give him $100 and a big hug. Well, at least $50....

I had my family go and erase all the previous group messages with me on their iPhones and everything is working perfectly. Can you tell I am happy? THANK YOU VERIZON!
    06-16-16 08:39 AM
    That is wonderful to hear! Glad their customer service was of value to you!
    06-16-16 08:41 AM
    Jaydee, what surprised me was the effort and time they spent with me. The guy actually went and borrowed some else's iPhone to help. All the posts I have read from years back with the same problem and nobody had ever solved it. Some of the people I pm'd had actually left BB mad blaming BB when it had nothing to do with BB. It just applies to people leaving iOS that had used iMessage and then came over to BB.
    06-16-16 08:48 AM
    This also should help. https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage. Apple makes it very hard to leave using their service, so if you deregister your imessage from your phone number, it makes the change to all your contacts.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-16 08:51 AM
    This also should help. https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage. Apple makes it very hard to leave using their service, so if you deregister your imessage from your phone number, it makes the change to all your contacts.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I did that. However, it doesn't change everyone else's iPhone memory. I was totally deleted from iMessage and FaceTime but I still could not receive group texts from iPhone users that had group texted me in the past. Yep, they really make it hard.
    06-16-16 09:00 AM
    Glad to hear it is solved. This isn't even a Verizon specific problem, so that is some quality customer service right there!

Could you make a guide on what settings should be turned on and the like? I tested out the group texting myself in response to your previous thread, I am experiencing somewhat the same problems - but in my case, iMessage wasn't involved. I didn't have any group texts to delete prior to the test.
    06-16-16 09:06 AM
    Good news! Glad you got it working.

 Passport via CB10
    06-16-16 12:55 PM
    Glad you got your problem sorted. So if I understand correctly, every other person who had iMessaged you when you had an iphone had to delete there former group messages sent to you even after you deregistered your number? What if someone has hundreds of contacts and group messages that have gone on for years, you can't ask everyone to do delete former messages. I hope there is a better solution in the future.
    06-16-16 09:36 PM
    I don't think they deleted ALL the old group messages. I'd probably just go back a ways and delete a few and then try it. It may work if you erase just the last one.
    06-17-16 07:31 AM
    Glad to hear it is solved. This isn't even a Verizon specific problem, so that is some quality customer service right there!

Could you make a guide on what settings should be turned on and the like? I tested out the group texting myself in response to your previous thread, I am experiencing somewhat the same problems - but in my case, iMessage wasn't involved. I didn't have any group texts to delete prior to the test.
    What exactly is your problem? Mine was solely an iMessage problem.
    06-17-16 07:32 AM
    I tried sending group messages between a Passport, an iPhone and a Windows Phone. While I can receive and send MMS (specifically photos) as a group message, normal texting within the group message is sent individually. iMessage was not activated on the iPhone, nor did I have any previous group chats between the phones.

Forcing text-only messages on the Blackberry to be sent as MMS did not fix it, and in any case, how would I do that on an iPhone? You talked about a 10 minute check list with Verizon. So, did you have to change some settings on the iPhone or Blackberry to make it work?
    06-17-16 09:12 AM
    Did you check the box for group messaging on your Passport? I only have a Classic and a Z30. I don't know what to tell you about changes on the iPhone as I didn't do any with it. My understanding is iPhones do the group thing automatically. Remember, ALL my issues were tied to iMessage on the iPhones. My number stayed in their memory even after I had deleted my number from iMessage and wiped my old iPhone.

I'd just call Verizon.
    06-17-16 10:51 AM
    Did you check the box for group messaging on your Passport? I only have a Classic and a Z30. I don't know what to tell you about changes on the iPhone as I didn't do any with it. My understanding is iPhones do the group thing automatically. Remember, ALL my issues were tied to iMessage on the iPhones. My number stayed in their memory even after I had deleted my number from iMessage and wiped my old iPhone.

I'd just call Verizon.
    Fair enough. To be honest, I don't use group messaging that much, so it doesn't actually bother me as much as it did you in your case. I just though I'd ask now that you brought the issue up.
    06-17-16 11:00 AM
    Yes, it was a real problem for me. People thought I was ignoring them and it sure sounded lame when I said, "I didn't get your text." Like, when was the last time you heard that excuse...LOL

Missing going to the emergency room when that little girl's Dad was away doing his National Guard weekend and the Mom needed me to be there with her and her girl. Yeah, that was bad and I can't have that happen again. But it is all well now...
    06-17-16 11:06 AM