Does anyone have the latest version of Grindr (v4.1.2) running? I patched it with the Google Play Services patcher, but whenever I open the app it minimises itself automatically. When I click on the minimised app in active frames it just re-minimises itself so it's unusable. Anyone have a workaround?

Posted via CB10
    08-08-18 09:31 PM
    Does anyone have the latest version of Grindr (v4.1.2) running? I patched it with the Google Play Services patcher, but whenever I open the app it minimises itself automatically. When I click on the minimised app in active frames it just re-minimises itself so it's unusable. Anyone have a workaround?

Posted via CB10
    From what I recall, the app hasn't worked for a while on BB10. Is there a mobile website?
    08-08-18 09:37 PM
    From what I recall, the app hasn't worked for a while on BB10. Is there a mobile website?
    Unfortunately not. I had it working on my phone about a year ago but haven't tried it since then. They recently hit a big version milestone (v4) after being at v3 for several years. With that came a huge app redesign, which is probably what broke it.

I left my Priv in a cab this evening and I have a date tomorrow but Grindr is the only way I can communicate with the guy since we haven't exchanged numbers yet. I'm trying to figure out if I can somehow emulate Android on my MacBook too but no luck there either.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-18 09:43 PM
    Unfortunately not. I had it working on my phone about a year ago but haven't tried it since then. They recently hit a big version milestone (v4) after being at v3 for several years. With that came a huge app redesign, which is probably what broke it.

I left my Priv in a cab this evening and I have a date tomorrow but Grindr is the only way I can communicate with the guy since we haven't exchanged numbers yet. I'm trying to figure out if I can somehow emulate Android on my MacBook too but no luck there either.

Posted via CB10
    That's too bad. Try this one, which only requires Android 4.2:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/grindr...-18-0-release/

Or this one that works on 4.0.3:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/grindr...-14-0-release/
    08-08-18 09:50 PM
    That's too bad. Try this one, which only requires Android 4.2:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/grindr...-18-0-release/

Or this one that works on 4.0.3:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/grindr...-14-0-release/
    Unfortunately, both of those display an 'Update required' message upon launch that can't be dismissed
    08-17-18 07:14 PM
    I just tried installing the version released today, v4.2.0, but the mystery is only deepening.

v4.2.0 installs and launches just fine, no minimisation at all. However, once you try to login, it tells you that Google Play Services must be installed.

I ran Play Services Patcher and patched it up, but I'm still getting that same error when I try to login.

Would someone be so kind as to confirm these results? I feel like I'm losing my mind here.
    08-17-18 07:20 PM
    Unfortunately, both of those display an 'Update required' message upon launch that can't be dismissed
    Then you're stuck.
    08-17-18 07:20 PM
    I just tried installing the version released today, v4.2.0, but the mystery is only deepening.

v4.2.0 installs and launches just fine, no minimisation at all. However, once you try to login, it tells you that Google Play Services must be installed.

I ran Play Services Patcher and patched it up, but I'm still getting that same error when I try to login.

Would someone be so kind as to confirm these results? I feel like I'm losing my mind here.
    Then you're stuck.
    Now that version v4.2.0 doesn't minimise automatically, I'm on a mission to make this work somehow. I don't understand how Grindr is verifying that I don't have Google Play Services installed even though it's been patched using Cobalt.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-18 07:38 PM
    Ahh! I just realised something! When I try to patch the apk, Play Services Patcher detects a Play Services dependency. But when I try to patch that, it says "Nothing to Patch."

Screenshot attached.

Is this a known issue? Any workarounds?

I know the screenshot shows 4.0.0, but the exact same thing happens with 4.2.0 as well.

Grindr minimising automatically-patching.png

EDIT #1 BELOW:

You're experiencing the bug found in v.0.1 outlined here http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...l#post10109437

Basically, you need to specify your java path in the options tab, or else it'll say "nothing to patch" (though if you get the newest version 0.3 it should spit out an error at least, rather than say "nothing to patch". I just attempted to patch the free version of runtastic, and it detected the maps api dependency, but rebuilding posed an issue (so you may still be SOL).

Perhaps cobalt or christian can help us with this one (though i suspect it's a limitation of apktool)... one of you guys want to give this one a shot?
    https://app.box.com/s/k8tjmt3mn9jm2giu4yo1
    It looks like there might be an error with my version of Java or Play Services Patcher, but I have the latest version installed of both.

Cobalt, any chance you could download v4.2.0 and upload a patched version? I'd owe ya big time.
    08-17-18 07:47 PM
    I would like to commend conite for his help on this matter. People need to realize what a great resource you are.
    08-17-18 08:17 PM
    I would like to commend conite for his help on this matter. People need to realize what a great resource you are.
    Seriously, he's been a friggin' lifesaver for me on MULTIPLE occasions. I hope one day I can buy the man a beer.
    08-17-18 08:26 PM
    Seriously, he's been a friggin' lifesaver for me on MULTIPLE occasions. I hope one day I can buy the man a beer.
    Haha yes. I am also glad (and I wouldn't expect it) no judgment.

I hope you get this worked out and can meet your date!
    08-17-18 08:37 PM
    Ahh! I just realised something! When I try to patch the apk, Play Services Patcher detects a Play Services dependency. But when I try to patch that, it says "Nothing to Patch."

Screenshot attached.

Is this a known issue? Any workarounds?

I know the screenshot shows 4.0.0, but the exact same thing happens with 4.2.0 as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	patching.png 
Views:	229 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	439247

EDIT #1 BELOW:

It looks like there might be an error with my version of Java or Play Services Patcher, but I have the latest version installed of both.

Cobalt, any chance you could download v4.2.0 and upload a patched version? I'd owe ya big time.
    You need to have the Patcher folder directly off your root drive. It gets confused if it's nested too deep.
    08-17-18 10:11 PM
    In!
    08-17-18 10:11 PM
    You need to have the Patcher folder directly off your root drive. It gets confused if it's nested too deep.
    Thanks for the tip! I can't put it directly on the C:/ as that requires admin rights that I don't have. Maybe I can connect my phone as a USB drive and put it on the root drive of the phone itself, and open it from there.
    08-18-18 01:35 PM
    I hope you get this worked out and can meet your date!
    Thanks so much!

Update: I moved the patcher to the base drive of my phone and ran it from there. It patched it perfectly, no error message. Except when I launch Grindr and try to login, I still see this:

Grindr minimising automatically-img_20180818_182638.png

So I think there's a deeper check for Google Play Services here, as the integration itself is deeper. I'm all out of ideas here, unless you guys have some.
    08-18-18 05:37 PM
    Thanks so much!

Update: I moved the patcher to the base drive of my phone and ran it from there. It patched it perfectly, no error message. Except when I launch Grindr and try to login, I still see this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180818_182638.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	439292

So I think there's a deeper check for Google Play Services here, as the integration itself is deeper. I'm all out of ideas here, unless you guys have some.
    You have Cobalt's stack installed?
    08-18-18 05:43 PM
    You have Cobalt's stack installed?
    Yessir. I run apps that require it, like Google Maps and Google Play Music, without issue.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-18 06:05 PM
    Yessir. I run apps that require it, like Google Maps and Google Play Music, without issue.

Posted via CB10
    You seem to be running out of runway.
    08-18-18 07:26 PM