Today my Z30 gave me an alarm at 5:35 a.m. But this alarm was definitely OFF. I used this alarm in the last days but not today, today is Saturday. Because I didn't expect this alarm my device was on the table in the kitchen over night, not beside my bed. So it took several minutes until I even noticed the sound and that it is MY device. But in this time the alarm got louder and louder and woke up the whole family ...

Is there any app which hasn't got an "improrsening" during the last OS update? ANY app??? What did they do on the alarm clock? The alarm clock worked fine and reliable without a single problem all the time on 10.2.1. Was it really needed that I can't even trust the damned alarm clock anymore?

Why didn't they finally give the digital clock some seconds? This should be the only improvement they really had to do.

BTW: I don't like the design of this clock face, something that is round by function (form follows function!, friends) but indeed it isn't round because some cleaver guy at RIM decided No, let's try something else, let's make round corners, just round is too easy.
    02-28-15 02:34 AM
    I have 10.3.1 now and i have had 10.3. for months and my alarms do not go off when i don't set them. Are you sure you checked the alarm list???
    03-01-15 05:21 PM
    I actually thought I had that problem too after updating to 10.3. But it was 99% the fault of a bottle of Havana Club........

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 05:43 PM
    I can't tell something else. My alarm was definitely OFF, I swear, the white-blue slider switch on the bottom of the alarm app was shown as OFF, but my device made a lot of sound next morning. It happened only a single time. Since then I already used my alarm two times and switched if OFF again but this problem was not reproducable. I know this is not a good situation for finding an error ...
    03-02-15 12:30 AM
    Check your list of alarms. You can have multiple alarms, and the alarm toggle only toggles the next upcoming alarm. It's very possible for the alarm toggle to say off if there are no upcoming alarms in the next 24 hours.

If you do nothing, you'll most likely get another surprise next Saturday!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 01:01 AM
    Check your list of alarms. You can have multiple alarms, and the alarm toggle only toggles the next upcoming alarm.
    Interesting idea. But my alarm list contains only one item. I never had multiple items - this means: I never created and never saw multiple items (I don't know what the list internally has). If you have multiple active alarms you will also have multiple visible marks on the clock face but this never happened, I saw this right now for the first time.
    03-02-15 01:19 AM
    If alarm isn't set for a everyday but just for "single use" the slider will always be in the off position after the alarm has gone off

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 03:47 AM
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    03-02-15 10:20 AM
    Make sure that no other alarm had been added to your alarm list by accident.... cause it won't show on the quick menu.

Also, if you put in bedside mode, a little red dot next to the clock will show if you have an active alarm

The alarm had been one of the thing that BlackBerry had been doing really well... it's so reliable that I don't feel the need to have two alarms in case one fails

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 10:30 AM