I was at the ACC recently for a Leafs game, and I went to the large Blackberry promotion booth. It has 3 terminals with about 20 devices available for people to try, with the Q10, Z10, and Z30 all there. There is also about 5 Blackberry people there to answer questions. Even though I have a Z10, Q10, and Bold 9900, I like to go up and play dumb and just see how well they know their product. I was blown away, I talked to a girl about the Q10 demo, and told her how I prefer keyboards. She went on to sell me on the Z30 saying I'd probably prefer it. She then pulled her own personal Z30 out and showed me it, wanted me to try the keyboard. She then showed me her sideloaded android app store, and explained it all to me saying how all the apps I could imagine are there, and its really easy. Then, she even told me about the rumoured Q30 and said if I really do want a keyboard, I should wait. Next she even told me to follow Crackberry as it will have all the rumours and leaks leading up to the launch. I was blown away to have a sales person telling me this, even though they directly work for Blackberry, you could tell she was a real fan and it wasn't just her job. Blackberry should try and get some of these booths in the large electronics retailers in major locations, as they did a great job on selling me the product.
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    03-31-14 11:03 AM
    That sounds great. Pics?
    03-31-14 11:06 AM
    MONEY!

I don't disagree with you, I think word of mouth and having positive presenters would be great. Just it's a big world out there and smartphones aren't the same a knife sets.

Surprised she was allowed to leave the "script" and talk about Android Apps or CrackBerry.
    03-31-14 11:18 AM
    Surprised she was allowed to leave the "script" and talk about Android Apps or CrackBerry.
    She likely wasn't supposed to.
    03-31-14 01:43 PM
    She likely wasn't supposed to.
    Yeah, poor girl is probably looking for a job as soon as her boss reads this thread!

Posted via CB10
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    03-31-14 01:51 PM
    As I have said on a few of my post, you have to sell the BlackBerry OS10 products using a "hands on" approach. I have sold 5 z30's to clients and friends in the past month because I took the time to demo the OS10 software properly and answered their questions professionally.

As folks on this site have said along with myself, you have to get the device into the hands of the consumer. Forget how we sold things in the past, we have to think outside the box now and be better then our competitors.

I would love to be a BlackBerry ambassador here in the USA, I believe in the products and preach the brand to whoever has an open mind and wants to try something new.

I came over from being a long time IOS user and I am here to stay, the more I use BlackBerry OS10, the more intuitive the OS becomes. I am here for the long haul and I look forward to the future, I should be a fun ride.

Send from my z30 on T Mobile USA (10.2.1.2160)
    miguel89to and yokogeri374 like this.
    03-31-14 04:37 PM
    I had a similar experience at a Raptor game. The woman who showed off the Z30 did a great job and as soon as she realised I was a power user the demo got even better.

Funny thing was the passersby that stopped in when they overheard us.

Not gonna sell a ton of devices with one on one sales but it's a start.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 05:20 PM
    This is the type of enthusiastic sales presence BB needs when training the sales reps at carrier stores. Get this girl on the road to the carriers and have her start training!
    cjcampbell likes this.
    03-31-14 05:25 PM
    Did you get her number atleast?
    03-31-14 05:27 PM
    The problem is that these promotional opportunities can get a person to like and appreciate BB10, but they are going to get the full court press from the carriers to buy ANYTHING but a BBRY. They need to advertise on a broad scale and have events like this to give deeper info. Seeing some BBRY ads would go a long way to quiet the "BlackBerry is dead" mantra...
    03-31-14 06:36 PM
    The funny thing is I try to sell BlackBerrys while I am selling tires to my customers.

Oh is that the new one yeah bud I hear not that many apps.

Bam sucka!
    Snap
    Aptoide bb10 store
    Amazon
    Mobile1

Apps yo!

Them

Oh snap I can't believe a BlackBerry can do that.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 07:07 PM
    Charity begins at home. Let Canadians celebrate their inventions. Enough of following the Big brother. I'm an enthusiastic promoter of BlackBerry and I can work for them free.
    03-31-14 07:16 PM
    I'd love to do this, I'm a salesman in the states myself but I sell tv's..I would love to sell something I'm passionate about.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 09:27 PM