I am an avid runner and am hoping to get a GPS running watch this spring once outdoor training starts. I've been using Endomondo on my Z30 but would like to change to a watch instead. Any recommendations of watches out there that can upload workout info to BB10? Or do the watches simply upload to a website? Despite running for the better part of my life, I'm a newbie to the GPS watch thing!
    02-16-15 04:26 PM
    Guess it depends on what level of fitness watch. I use the Garmin watches. I have Garmin Connect and my fitness pal loaded (android apps) but use my computer to upload as my newest watch is the fr910xt that uses ant+ and not bluetooth. The newer 920 has both so should load. My wife is using the Garmin vibrofit, the simpler version of training watch. I loaded a leak of OS 3.1 so she could sync via bluetooth with Connect. Works fine and that will be standard once the official 10.3 drops. For what it's worth, I also have the Samsung galaxy note pro 12.2 and it has a ant + radio but I have never been able to get it to work with any of my Garmin watches. I tried my ant stick via USB otg and still no good. Still not overly reliable overall but it's all coming along. Hope this helps!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-17-15 06:38 PM
    I use garmin 920xt with android connect, smart notifications and bluetooth works.

I have passport 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 01:54 PM
    Thank you for the replies. I'll check out the Garmins.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 09:05 PM
    I got a Garmin Forerunner and grabbed the app through Snap. Watch syncs to phone and uploads the summary of the run but won't show details until Google Play Services is installed.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 07:51 PM
    I got a Garmin Forerunner and grabbed the app through Snap. Watch syncs to phone and uploads the summary of the run but won't show details until Google Play Services is installed.

Posted via CB10
    You can have google play services installed, take a look at this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...oading-985344/

Hopefully that will work.

Let us know how you like the Forerunner, i'm curious as well... was thinking about an arm band for my q10, but i'm used to running without a watch even so i'm not sure how I'd like it!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 08:39 PM
    You can have google play services installed, take a look at this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...oading-985344/

Hopefully that will work.

Let us know how you like the Forerunner, i'm curious as well... was thinking about an arm band for my q10, but i'm used to running without a watch even so i'm not sure how I'd like it!

Posted via CB10
    I used an armband for my Z30 and ran Endomondo on it. It is good, but I like that the Garmin updates your pace regularly.
    I will install the patch for GPS when I have some time.
    04-21-15 09:26 PM