nobody cares and nobody will bother to remember these posts tomorrow, so let us bash them for wasting everyone's time reading them.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    And most people with smartphones have already forgotten BlackBerry. I keep hearing the same thing over & over.... "I didn't know BlackBerry was still in Business."

People CONTINUE to leave in droves because their BB phone is not serving their needs. They realize this months down the line after the initial impressiveness of the BB10 OS has worn off & they realize the hassle from the lack of apps or the hassle of having to make Android apps work on the phones.

The only BB users remaining are fanboy shills who have some kind of twisted logic in their mind to keep using a dying brand & want to maintain the status quo & scream to the world that the device &/or company should not change.
    09-03-15 09:36 AM
    Very true. They would have not a Blackberry if they knew then what they know today about the Amazon store.

The same goes for the double type issue, the Leap speaker and the myriad of quality issues on the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Quality issues with the Passport? That thing is well built. You can feel the quality when you hold it. If I had any doubts they were quashed after my dad's Passport spent almost 30 minutes at the bottom of a lake. It fell off the boat & took a while before my sister was able to dive down & find it. After a few days in rice the Passport works almost like new. The only issue is 2 tiny water marks on the top right screen that can only be seen with a white background & if your looking.

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    09-03-15 09:47 AM
    And most people with smartphones have already forgotten BlackBerry. I keep hearing the same thing over & over.... "I didn't know BlackBerry was still in Business."

People CONTINUE to leave in droves because their BB phone is not serving their needs. They realize this months down the line after the initial impressiveness of the BB10 OS has worn off & they realize the hassle from the lack of apps or the hassle of having to make Android apps work on the phones.

The only BB users remaining are fanboy shills who have some kind of twisted logic in their mind to keep using a dying brand & want to maintain the status quo & scream to the world that the device &/or company should not change.
    I use a BlackBerry because when I got my first BB10 it looked amazing, I researched the **** out of it, and at that time they didn't have a deal with Amazon. I got a BlackBerry because I was using Android and it was garbage. It was between a Z10 and an iPhone and I made the right decision with the Z10.

I can see why you ppl need 80 apps, Google forces you to use them all to accomplish what BB10 can do with no apps. It's a sick and twisted lie you tell to yourself that you need an app to perform any simple action, like turning on a flashlight. The only ppl rooting for BlackBerry to die are Google shills who can't stand to see someone have something better than they have. Nobody really cares what phone you're on, I'm just sick of hearing you shills repeat the same line of garbage everyday.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    LyoobaBerry and PatrickMJS like this.
    09-03-15 11:20 AM
    Quality issues with the Passport? That thing is well built. You can feel the quality when you hold it. If I had any doubts they were quashed after my dad's Passport spent almost 30 minutes at the bottom of a lake. It fell off the boat & took a while before my sister was able to dive down & find it. After a few days in rice the Passport works almost like new. The only issue is 2 tiny water marks on the top right screen that can only be seen with a white background & if your looking.

Posted via CB10
    The latest issue seems to be screen lifting. Good for you that you have not had problems. Plenty of posts from folks who had to get multiple devices before getting a good one. Screen lifting is a reported defect. I guess we will never know if BlackBerry phones have worse than average quality. No evidence lately that they have better quality. I think that the Classic form factor helps if the phone falls.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 12:28 PM
    I use a BlackBerry because when I got my first BB10 it looked amazing, I researched the **** out of it, and at that time they didn't have a deal with Amazon. I got a BlackBerry because I was using Android and it was garbage. It was between a Z10 and an iPhone and I made the right decision with the Z10.

I can see why you ppl need 80 apps, Google forces you to use them all to accomplish what BB10 can do with no apps. It's a sick and twisted lie you tell to yourself that you need an app to perform any simple action, like turning on a flashlight. The only ppl rooting for BlackBerry to die are Google shills who can't stand to see someone have something better than they have. Nobody really cares what phone you're on, I'm just sick of hearing you shills repeat the same line of garbage everyday.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    So if you never use Snap or Cobalt then why are you on this thread? There are other threads for the no apps for me view.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 12:30 PM
    So if you never use Snap or Cobalt then why are you on this thread? There are other threads for the no apps for me view.

Posted via CB10
    I came on this thread bc I thought the OP was looking for help. I use Cobalts Playstore to try apps and see if they work and if they don't I see if I can patch them. It's all the fun of making things work that aren't supposed to. The joy of cracking Google's services as a **** you to Google thing. It's sad when people install something and it doesn't work immediately and they get all annoyed and never research a solution, they just give up and whine. How do you learn how to do things if you give up without trying? You don't, you stay ignorant. It's like dealing with older folk who can't use a PC because they don't know how to use a search engine. Same goes for these whiny google shills who can't/wont figure out how to use the BlackBerry phone they bought.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    Vistaus and Bbnivende like this.
    09-03-15 12:56 PM
    i never had a problem with snap. even tho i think is because i have an Android Tablet and i use the same account.. snap wa snot working for my brother in law until he got an android tablet and he set up the same account. now snap works normal
    09-03-15 01:13 PM
    To be clear, I came here to have a discussion about what I saw as the most significant barrier to me continuing to use a BB10 phone. It wasn't to whine. It was to have a discourse. Apparently a couple of you have decided this is against the CB rules. :-)

I was glad for the Cobalt suggestion but I also shared that I didn't think the Cobalt solution would be enough to keep BlackBerry phones selling (because I don't see the handset division surviving without android apps being fully and consistently functional). The ultimate barrier to me having a BlackBerry phone is the closing of the BlackBerry handset division.

I was really bummed to see the google services issue affecting my Z30 phone usage because previously I thought Snap was a near perfect solution. I want very much to buy the passport but now I'm concerned about how much of a nuisance Google play services will be for me going fwd. I guess I'll have to try the Cobalt solution for a few weeks to see how satisfied I am with that.

Other than that, I think I'm waiting to see what Chen says at the quarterly earnings report regarding the future of Android apps on BlackBerry phones. I don't think it was an accident that Chen mentioned the other week that he recognizes the status Quo with BlackBerry's app situation is not sustainable. I think he is priming investors and consumers for a forthcoming announcement. I'm guessing that announcement will be either: A) that he is forming a partnership with Google to supply Android OS, Or Google play services on BlackBerry phones, or B) that the handsets will no longer be supported as a consumer product and will effectively be shut down except as a govt and enterprise tool.

So this was the discussion I was hoping to have. Not looking to b**tch and moan, but to hear others thoughts.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Easypants; 09-03-15 at 04:16 PM.
    09-03-15 03:22 PM
    I have one app that constantly says it needs Play Services when you open it. But you can click outside of that dialog to dismiss it and the app works fine then. So the fact that an app says it needs GPS doesn't mean it doesn't work, as I just proved. (if interested, the app is TVGids.nl)
    09-04-15 06:05 AM
    I have one app that constantly says it needs Play Services when you open it. But you can click outside of that dialog to dismiss it and the app works fine then. So the fact that an app says it needs GPS doesn't mean it doesn't work, as I just proved. (if interested, the app is TVGids.nl)
    That's how MLB At Bat is for me.

I don't see the problem with Snap. I'd rather be happy for the thousands of apps available to me through Snap that I otherwise couldn't have than lament the fact that some won't work without Google Services.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 10:39 AM
    That's how MLB At Bat is for me.

I don't see the problem with Snap. I'd rather be happy for the thousands of apps available to me through Snap that I otherwise couldn't have than lament the fact that some won't work without Google Services.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't have a problem until I recently dropped my phone I. A lake and was forced to buy new Z30 and reinstall Snap and all my apps. The new versions all require GPS and they often don't work despite clicking around the dialogue box. Other apps just don't work at all because they are for the new runtime.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 12:41 PM
    I didn't have a problem until I recently dropped my phone I. A lake and was forced to buy new Z30 and reinstall Snap and all my apps. The new versions all require GPS and they often don't work despite clicking around the dialogue box. Other apps just don't work at all because they are for the new runtime.

Posted via CB10
    http://officialapk.com/
    You can find the older versions here. And if they require play services then you need to use Cobalts play services and patch the apps.

We should be grateful that we have a work around for play services, Amazon Kindle and Fire phone users have none. If we aren't willing to use the work arounds we shouldn't be blaming BlackBerry, they did give us android apps from amazon just like they said.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    09-04-15 01:01 PM
    Thanks. I'll try that.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 04:34 PM

I don't know how BB sells phones as at the phone stores typically the sales people (usually under 25) are very anti blackberry. However when my wife bought her Leap on sale at staples the sales guy wasn't negative on BB said to get what works for you. With that said i know my kids would never have one either. Different needs I guess I use my Q10 #1 as a phone then ... emails, texts, radio, podcasts and checking the weather basically. So I guess I'm not the best person to give an opinion on smart phones. Many of my friends have iphones I ask why and I get well that's what my kids have! My kids all have androids and go through them like crazy. Break them or they just screw up internally. But I guess that's the smart phone industry goal have people buy a new smart phone every 6 - 12 months.
    09-04-15 05:46 PM
    Have your legal department ready for the IP/patent battle and your finance department with tons of cash for Google.

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    Apparently Cyanomogenmod is already trying to do what I just described. Their aim is to wrestle control of Android from Google. I don't see why it would be illegal to intercept the API calls and substitute your own services.
    09-05-15 02:51 PM
    Apparently Cyanomogenmod is already trying to do what I just described. Their aim is to wrestle control of Android from Google. I don't see why it would be illegal to intercept the API calls and substitute your own services.
    The problem is not creating your own set of APIs, the problem is to get developers onboard. Google hold "total" control over Android for one simple reason: they own the Google play store. No alternate Android app store has been really successful in the western world. And as we have seen, most devs take little interest in such app stores (even the Amazon AppStore has missing or outdated apps).

Cyanogen is popular in the modding comunity because of some unique features, but also because people can still sideload google play services and have a fully capable Android device.
    09-05-15 03:13 PM
    I believe the OP was quite adamant in his original and subsequent posts about leaving BlackBerry and just wanting everyone else to know this. When offered help and suggestions he rejected it and continued on his rant. This isn't constructive, and it's been a growing trend on CB for months now. At least once a day someone has to make it a point to tell us how they are leaving BlackBerry for android, hence why I keep calling these posters Google shills, nobody cares and nobody will bother to remember these posts tomorrow, so let us bash them for wasting everyone's time reading them.
    What I find equally annoying is that some people keep responding to the "I am leaving BlackBerry" threads. First of all, if someone is leaving BBRY, why not just go? Are they hoping people will talk them out of it? Sheesh! Just leave, thank you for trying a BBRY phone (which is not going to be for everybody), and don't let the door hit you in the behind on the way out. It really is that simple.
    The_Passporter and Vistaus like this.
    09-05-15 05:32 PM

This kind of a thinking is so ******** it is an insult to people who are developmentally handicapped. I love my PassPort because in optimizing usage with Android apps, it is the "perfect" phone for me. To call people who are satisfied with their BBRY phones "fanboy shills" is asinine.
    Vistaus likes this.
    09-05-15 05:38 PM

So because I'm satisfied by my Passport I'm a fanboy shills with twisted logic? Oh yeah, it's so weird to keep a phone who is good for me. Lol, its a stupid post, next time use your brain before posting, the only one with twisted logic is you.

Posted via my Passport
    Vistaus and nappalonia like this.
    09-05-15 06:00 PM
    What I find equally annoying is that some people keep responding to the "I am leaving BlackBerry" threads. First of all, if someone is leaving BBRY, why not just go? Are they hoping people will talk them out of it? Sheesh! Just leave, thank you for trying a BBRY phone (which is not going to be for everybody), and don't let the door hit you in the behind on the way out. It really is that simple.
    In future we should just respond with thank you for trying BlackBerry and enjoy your life.

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    KemKev likes this.
    09-06-15 08:21 AM
    That's the ignorant attitude that hot BlackBerry in this mess in the first place. When your users are dedicated enough to want to help BlackBerry see their needs aren't being met, it's best to listen.

I'm the OP. I'm a huge BlackBerry fan but I have a dilemma that may force me to jump ship. I'd like to discuss the issue.

Quit being a knob and find somewhere else to troll.

Posted via CB10
    cjameslockwood likes this.
    09-06-15 09:25 PM
    That's the ignorant attitude that hot BlackBerry in this mess in the first place. When your users are dedicated enough to want to help BlackBerry see their needs aren't being met, it's best to listen.

I'm the OP. I'm a huge BlackBerry fan but I have a dilemma that may force me to jump ship. I'd like to discuss the issue.

Quit being a knob and find somewhere else to troll.

Posted via CB10
    If you feel the need to leave BlackBerry because they don't have Google apps then go. Nobody can help you with this anymore than what they have. You have all the Cobalt google apps like the rest of us. That's probably as good as it's going to get, which is already more than what other nonGoogle OS's have, unless BlackBerry and Google make some sort of deal.
    What is left to discuss? You can email every app developer asking for a BlackBerry port, you can not use those apps and find alternatives, you could try to patch the apps, or you can get a Google phone.
    Talking about it, arguing about it, threatening to leave BlackBerry on a forum that BlackBerry doesn't watch isn't going to make your BlackBerry a Google phone.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    Last edited by kgbbz10; 09-08-15 at 12:49 AM.
    09-08-15 12:09 AM
    Ok so I see you want google maps working but what other crucial apps are You referring to? I came from iPhone to Android then here with the Passport, using as few google apps as I can and web browser version if I can't. Whenever I need an app I look in the BlackBerry world app store first and have found most of what I need with Crackberry bringing me informative app roundups every once and a while.

So what apps are we talking about? Please list them by name please.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 03:25 AM
    How can I download Google play store on my bbz10

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 09:30 PM
    I'm annoyed at Google for creating their play services which usually are nothing more then a way ti prevent people from using Android Apps on non-Google approved / controlled phones. They seem to have forgotten their original motto "do no evil"

Posted via CB10
    They forgot that motto years ago. In fact I question if it was ever serious to begin with.
    Not to mention that it's a pretty ambiguous statement. Who determines what's "evil?" Will they bother to listen when people tell them they're being bastards? Or is it just whatever they themselves deem to be acceptable and unacceptable behaviour?

I strongly feel it's the latter, and I could list dozens of notorious historical persons who genuinely believed they weren't doing anything wrong, while the rest of society vehemently disagreed.

Personally I feel that bullying the competition out of the market with dubious business practices all in the name of Big Data is pretty shady. Not to mention how shady Big Data itself is.

Then you look at what Google has done to San Francisco. Maybe they should stop mucking about with their half-baked projects and use their gazillion dollars to feed and educate the underprivileged.

And no, Google, setting up your own "university" or sending people to Wikipedia does not count.
    There are excellent universities - which a good portion of your staff attended - that have been doing it longer than you, and can do it better.
    Give a boatload of technology - no strings, and no spying attached - to every public school in America. Set up a ton of scholarships to send underprivileged kids to Ivy League schools, complete with mentoring and guidance to increase their chances of success.

Go feed the homeless. Go pay for a bunch of veterans' medical bills. Build the wounded state-of-the-art homes with technology that won't spy on them and tell you what they ate for breakfast and what they watched on television last night so you can sell that data to companies.

Learn the meaning of charity.

Then we can talk about what a "great" company you are.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 04:23 AM
51 123