Funny, I believe I own one and use it and speak from experience.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 12:51 AM
    Funny, I believe I own one and use it and speak from experience.

Posted via CB10
    Wow and you don't even know your unprotected. What a shame. Read up and see

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 02:08 AM
    Define your statement in technical terms please.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 02:21 AM
    And perhaps also retract your incorrect statement about the cross platform cryptographic transit on Blackphone whilst you're at it?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 02:25 AM
    You could ways skip adding your Google account
    08-24-15 02:28 AM
    And perhaps also retract your incorrect statement about the cross platform cryptographic transit on Blackphone whilst you're at it?

Posted via CB10
    I'm not backtracking on anything. If you have an argument it's not with me. I merely brought you facts from many tech sites that all said the same thing. I think your in denial again.

And if you need it to be more technical than A,B,C like I layed it out I can't help you much.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 02:47 AM
    Then don't make a statement if you have no idea what you're claiming. The Silent Circle suite of apps allows cross platform cryptographic services on file transfer, calls and messaging. Brought to you from the man who created PGP - you know, one of the standards that BlackBerry uses. Are you able to use cryptographic calling on a BlackBerry out of the box? No. And when you add it, it's Secusmart to Secusmart calling, which is the 'limitation' you just threw at Blackphone. It's good for BlackBerry but no one else? Please.

BlackBerry Messenger - only secure with BES for BOTH clients using the service, so you need to be in the same organisation or two that have employed BES. And is BlackBerry Messenger cross platform? Of course. Can it be secured across platforms? Of course. Can Silent Suite offer end to end cross platform with Silent Text? Yes.

The world is larger than BlackBerry and it's a competitive place for innovation. I don't understand your 'I need the last word' thrust - you're incorrect, you haven't used the service and you're level of understanding can be improved. I'm technology agnostic - you seem to think there are sides to take, when there are only tools and how we use them for the purposes we need.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 03:08 AM
    I'm not backtracking on anything. If you have an argument it's not with me. I merely brought you facts from many tech sites that all said the same thing. I think your in denial again.

And if you need it to be more technical than A,B,C like I layed it out I can't help you much.
    Let me try, this from Silent Circle ....

Spaces

Spaces creates multiple, separate virtual phones on one device, enabling work life and personal life to stay securely compartmentalized. No data is shared between spaces.

• Create up to four separate spaces that act like virtual phones

• Keep your apps and data secure

• Customize each space any way you like
    Are you saying that other websites claimed otherwise on this feature, or "partitioning"?
    08-24-15 03:10 AM
    As with all secure-communications apps, Silent Circle products truly work only when both parties to a conversation use them. Secure calls and texts must be sent to and received by other Silent Circle customers.

If you make a call with Silent Phone � whether from a Blackphone or another smartphone � your call is fully encrypted from end to end only if you speak with someone also using Silent Phone. If you use Silent Phone to call a regular phone number, the call is encrypted only until it reaches Silent Circle's servers, which decrypt the call and route it into the regular phone network. This is also the case with text messaging.

I would also like to point out that there have been several security flaws found to date in the Blackphone. Yes they have been patched but that is not the end of them. Just like android it will have exploits and there will be more. The phone is also rootable just saying. FLAW!

I'm actually kind of puzzled as to how you two have so much trouble understanding my English language. No I'm not talking about Spaces.......

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 08-24-15 at 07:08 AM.
    08-24-15 06:51 AM
    I'm puzzled as to why you in any way think that's different to BlackBerry / Secusmart with encrypted call service? Or messaging? Or file transfer? You know, the very thing you said in a previous post was only Blackphone to Blackphone but was always multi-platform.

Of course you need end-to-end encryption to have clients at both ends, or how else are the cryptographic keys recognised, and transit acceptance initiated?!? Enlighten us Passporter. Are you seriously suggesting that Secusmart operates a different model and that when calling PSTN numbers the call in encrypted end-to-end? Silent Circle retains annonimity for the SC subscriber to a degree even when you do this and there are many good reasons why someone may want to do this, location based removal being just one.

I can't believe we're even discussing this. I'll be glad when the migration to Android is complete and these stupid conversations about what security really is and where it resides just stop.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 07:40 AM
    OMG you and me both!! Lmao!!
    Yeah I didn't at any time say it was the same or different than BlackBerry. I merely stated the facts. And facts are that you are too overly defensive attempting to put words in my mouth.
    You have the facts about the security and the Rooting vulnerabilities so suck it up butter cup!
    :P

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 08:43 AM
    Okay. Your words:

"The end to end security encryption only truly works when You are communicating with another Blackphone. Don't get too excited it's not all that just yet."

Your words, and when it's pointed out that you're wrong, you deflect with: "I'm not backtracking on anything. If you have an argument it's not with me" to get out of your mistake, which is very clear for all to see.

To go back to your first quote: how is it that you jumps up and down waving flags about what you think a BlackBerry service is, but when another vendor does it, it's "not all that"? And that vendor does it out of the box, unlike your equivalent.

In a previous thread you demonstrated your utter lack of knowledge with both MDM and EMM, let alone MPLS, NAC, gateway level security, policy types, platform equivalents and different methods of defending Layers 2-7 of the OSI, even despite screenshots of security in action from an admin point of view. Your ideas and views on what security is, are and will be are device-centric and inadequate for real world fleet deployment of end points.

Unlike you, I'm not laughing at anyone - I just feel embarrassed for you and your 'fan' stance rather than a pragmatic and learning stance.
    08-24-15 09:38 AM
    As with all secure-communications apps, Silent Circle products truly work only when both parties to a conversation use them. Secure calls and texts must be sent to and received by other Silent Circle customers.

If you make a call with Silent Phone � whether from a Blackphone or another smartphone � your call is fully encrypted from end to end only if you speak with someone also using Silent Phone. If you use Silent Phone to call a regular phone number, the call is encrypted only until it reaches Silent Circle's servers, which decrypt the call and route it into the regular phone network. This is also the case with text messaging.
    I say we have covered this end to end stuff a few times in the forum before, to dispel the myth and hype about Blackberry security. A Blackberry is no different from an Android or iPhone, only the people using it feel special about themselves.

I would also like to point out that there have been several security flaws found to date in the Blackphone. Yes they have been patched but that is not the end of them. Just like android it will have exploits and there will be more. The phone is also rootable just saying. FLAW!

I'm actually kind of puzzled as to how you two have so much trouble understanding my English language. No I'm not talking about Spaces.......
    Don't worry, security flaws exist in all phones and not exclusive to a selected few. I thought this was already understood. It doesn't matter if the phone is rootable. If you choose to root your phone that is fine, but I doubt you will pick up somebody's Android and root it or jailbreak his iPhone.

But rest assured that all these security flaws will be the least of concerns for Blackberry users when they migrate to Andriod or iPhone because by then they will embrace these flaws wholeheartedly. They just took longer than others to get there, but eventually they will.

As for the English, it is like going round in a loud circle. Please don't beat me up on this, I enjoyed the fun.
    08-24-15 09:41 AM
    It doesn't matter if your phone and the other phone are encrypted when it's still going through a wireless service provider that grabs it before it reaches its destination. The five eyes have a backdoor into every service provider and store all of that data you send.

BBClassic10.3.2.858
    08-24-15 10:00 AM
    Yes, though decrypting to actually read it is another matter entirely. It gets put into a DC, and they can read it in 2127 when they finally work out the key. Backdoor are one thing, making sense of something on entering that door is another.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 10:13 AM
    Yes, though decrypting to actually read it is another matter entirely. It gets put into a DC, and they can read it in 2127 when they finally work out the key. Backdoor are one thing, making sense of something on entering that door is another.

Posted via CB10
    You should know they recruit only the best and brightest college students to work for these spying agencies and have technology that is years ahead of what they sell to us. They can decrypt anything they want. It's funny how ill informed the masses are when all of this information has been explained in detail.

BBClassic10.3.2.858
    08-24-15 10:21 AM
    You can only decrypt what you have a key for. The best and brightest did a great job of stopping Ed Snowden, clearly. And all the data leaks to Wiki leaks, and the Paris shooting, attacking Canada's government, the Boston bombing, the Lee Rigby murder and so many other things - yes, they can obviously do anything with their super powers.

Tor, encryption and behaviour modifications go a very long way to genuine annonimity online. TAILS Linux is highly recommended.

I'll carry on taking care of my comms, but thank you for your well meaning advice.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 10:29 AM
    So you think those false flags weren't done on purpose? This is a whole other topic. One I'm more than happy to get into to, if you wish.
    They have the keys, they have installed the backdoor into every OS. The carriers, the phone makers are more than happy to work with big brother. You think you're safe from spying while using the technology they give you to buy? It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad how naive ppl are.

BBClassic10.3.2.858
    08-24-15 10:38 AM
    False flags? Go ahead, knock yourself out.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 10:47 AM
    Boston bombing; FBI was in full contact with the brothers for many years, but some how allowed them to build bombs and take them to a very public event. They shoot and kill one in the streets and try to kill the other in a boat. They killed an acquaintance of theres in cold blood and then the two agents that killed him fall out of a helicopter lmfao. They bring about Martial Law, entering every home and dragging people out for a manhunt, and the sheep cheered USA! In the streets. Giving up their rights and cheering for it, that's how brainwashed the masses are. And why did this all happen? Well Muslims are terrorists and we must continue the war on terrorism that started with 9/11. Can't let people forget how every Muslim is evil and wants to blow us up. All the while the US aides AL Qaeda openly in Syria (after blowing up Iraq, and killing millions of innocent ppl all because of AL Qaeda). Openly admitting to funding ISIS while the MSM warns us of ISIS threats. They play both sides to get what they want. And what do they want? Complete control of our lives. The sheep beg for security and are more than willing to give up all liberty to feel safe.

Only those with something to hide are upset about the spying, the sheep's mantra. However they spy on congress, the Senate, other world governments. If the president of Germany isn't safe from NSA backdoors what makes you think you are??? Hopeful wishing? Even after they tell you point blank they can and do spy on you.

BBClassic10.3.2.858
    lift likes this.
    08-24-15 11:08 AM
    Okay. Your words:

"The end to end security encryption only truly works when You are communicating with another Blackphone. Don't get too excited it's not all that just yet."

Your words, and when it's pointed out that you're wrong, you deflect with: "I'm not backtracking on anything. If you have an argument it's not with me" to get out of your mistake, which is very clear for all to see.

To go back to your first quote: how is it that you jumps up and down waving flags about what you think a BlackBerry service is, but when another vendor does it, it's "not all that"? And that vendor does it out of the box, unlike your equivalent.

In a previous thread you demonstrated your utter lack of knowledge with both MDM and EMM, let alone MPLS, NAC, gateway level security, policy types, platform equivalents and different methods of defending Layers 2-7 of the OSI, even despite screenshots of security in action from an admin point of view. Your ideas and views on what security is, are and will be are device-centric and inadequate for real world fleet deployment of end points.

Unlike you, I'm not laughing at anyone - I just feel embarrassed for you and your 'fan' stance rather than a pragmatic and learning stance.
    I see You have quite the large EGO still even after you ran from the other thread on security in a mad tantrum. Trying to discredit me by taking my first statement but disregarding the second that clarified the first is truly unprofessional and you claim to be one ha ha not!!
    Regardless of how much you try to embarrass me your not. I know what kind of a temperish poster you are and you don't phase me.
    I gave you the facts and if you don't like them why don't you stomp your feet and run off like the last time?
    These are the facts and any phone that can be rooted is a security risk to the enterprise. Any phone that does not use end to end encryption is not safe. I said this to clarify in my post above to clarify. You did not mention that cause it does not fit you line of attack on me and shows you can't be trusted either.
    If you want to go back to the others thread with me where this discussion belongs we can. Glad your not my IT guy.

I can't believe you would want to tell people to go look how you behaved in that thread on security......
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1031909

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 11:19 AM
    Talk to me in tech terms, educate yourself and come back - then we can talk, rather than you keep embarrassing yourself

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 11:29 AM
    Really? All you have is that? OMG you are so funny. I can't stop laughing!! Thanks though I needed that lol!!

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 11:31 AM
    And I encourage everyone to read that thread so they can see just how badly fandom negates knowledge on a level of blind faith impossible to get through to

Posted via CB10
    Jerry A and The_Passporter like this.
    08-24-15 11:34 AM
    Talk to me in tech terms, educate yourself and come back - then we can talk, rather than you keep embarrassing yourself

Posted via CB10
    You can parrot the MSM, which means you understand basic English well enough to except what the media tells you as absolute truth, but I have to speak in technical terms to you to make you understand me?
    Cop out in a half. If you don't believe me just say so. I'd tell you to research something, but I'm inclined to think you'd make up any excuse to dismiss it.

*edited You weren't talking to me I see now lol, but it still holds true to your other conversation.
    BBClassic10.3.2.858
    The_Passporter likes this.
    08-24-15 11:40 AM
52 123