Absolutely no benefit to Google although we all wish it were true.

Posted via CB10
    Why no benefit? I have bought a few Android apps to use them on my BB.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4295315) likes this.
    08-14-16 04:41 AM
    Oh FFS...this thread is still going?
    It's like a hydra... another one with the same subject matter will pop up again in a few weeks.

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    ppeters914 likes this.
    08-14-16 05:45 AM
    I hear dark Hub theme is coming too.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    08-14-16 06:01 AM
    I'm not sure why the location of the logo is important to you, but I can assure you that my Priv and DTEK50s are outstanding devices. With the latter, there is no mistaking the hardware and software changes from the TCL reference design. There is a lot of BB10 DNA in the DTEK50. Do yourself a favour and try one out. There is nothing wrong with enjoying what BB10 has to offer, but keep an open mind - you may be pleasantly surprised.
    That's the secret, having an open mind. Difficult for some.
    08-14-16 06:06 AM
    Why would the entire membership of the OHA (which includes Google, Samsung, LG, Sony, etc) want to give special, exclusive advantages to BB10?
    The only thing that might and this is a real long shot make this possible is that Google is a money machine..........no matter how small the numbers why walk away.
    08-14-16 07:10 AM
    The only thing that might and this is a real long shot make this possible is that Google is a money machine..........no matter how small the numbers why walk away.
    Well they've walked away from much much bigger numbers before. See Google versus Acer, where the OHA squashed the Aliyun OS.
    08-14-16 07:17 AM
    Well they've walked away from much much bigger numbers before. See Google versus Acer, where the OHA squashed the Aliyun OS.
    Very true.but this would be a win for them with no real possibility of a setback. The other players would really do noting, but it is fun to think about.
    08-14-16 07:32 AM
    If Android run time is so important to you, you might as well make the switch over it's well worth it.
    IndianTiwari and BB-JAM215 like this.
    08-14-16 08:01 AM
    Oh FFS...this thread is still going?
    I know right?! I wouldn't be surprised if this thread is on the trending topics list either.

EDIT: It actually is....

Google Play Services coming with 10.3.3?-trending.jpg
    08-14-16 08:05 AM
    I'm not expecting anything drastic to come with 10.3.3
    Most users might not even notice any differences.
    08-14-16 08:48 AM
    I'm not expecting anything drastic to come with 10.3.3
    Most users might not even notice any differences.
    There won't be any major changes for 10.3.3 and 10.3.4 for the end user. I have no idea why some users are looking so forward to it when they are simply security patches and OS maintenance. I don't even expect the Android runtime to have any changes either, it probably will even stay at the same version number.
    08-14-16 08:51 AM
    I would love google play with BB10. I am currently using the Priv but badly miss BB10 since i got a leap for work. There's only a few apps i can't get on BB10 other wise i would be back on my old passport (dont get me wrong i Love my Priv but BB10 OS is much better)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    acovey likes this.
    08-14-16 09:57 AM
    My work needs moved past simple email and phone. That's why I had to make the move. Now that I have, I realise how much I had been missing. I can assure you that my business does not employ fart apps, games, or junk.

I'm still a loyal BlackBerry user though!
    Out of curiosity, what kind of apps are necessary for your work? If you are at liberty to say so anyway. And in addition, what else have you been missing? Trying to work out for myself what is 'out' there. Currently still on BlackBerry 10 and I just do not see any essential app missing. I will admit that I have stopped using several apps due to security or privacy concerns, so that limits quite a lot.
    08-14-16 10:49 AM
    Out of curiosity, what kind of apps are necessary for your work? If you are at liberty to say so anyway. And in addition, what else have you been missing? Trying to work out for myself what is 'out' there. Currently still on BlackBerry 10 and I just do not see any essential app missing. I will admit that I have stopped using several apps due to security or privacy concerns, so that limits quite a lot.
    Microsoft Office 365 is a must.

I also use a lot of software to connect and interact with my various cloud sources and personal file servers. File Management is vastly superior on Android.

I do a lot of banking on my device via mobile deposits.

Almost all of my travel and rewards apps require Google Play Services to function.

Because apps on Android can be deeply integrated, sharing data between them is much more efficient.

The bottom line is that I can get a lot more work done in a shorter period of time, without jumping through hoops with workarounds, and without dead ends.

I'm not bashing BB10, as I quite like it. But at the end of the day, the feature set falls well short.
    08-14-16 11:01 AM
    Microsoft Office 365 is a must.

I also use a lot of software to connect and interact with my various cloud sources and personal file servers. File Management is vastly superior on Android.

I do a lot of banking on my device via mobile deposits.

Almost all of my travel and rewards apps require Google Play Services to function.

Because apps on Android can be deeply integrated, sharing data between them is much more efficient.

The bottom line is that I can get a lot more work done in a shorter period of time, without jumping through hoops with workarounds, and without dead ends.

I'm not bashing BB10, as I quite like it. But at the end of the day, the feature set falls well short.
    Thanks for your quick reply. Guess it is very personal at the end of the day anyway.

And it is a shame that using BlackBerry 10 feels like one is constantly doing workarounds and facing dead ends. If only there were apps...

Fingers crossed that BlackBerry releases another high-end Android phone with a physical keyboard (perhaps not a slider)... maybe that will convince me.
    08-14-16 11:18 AM
    As John Chen said about the Priv (and now Detek) "It's got the Google". So if you want a BlackBerry with the real Google Play Store and Android 6.0, that's your answer. However, if you want BB10 with Google Play, then the current outdated Android 4.3 Runtime with Cobalt's GPS is all you're ever going to get.
    08-14-16 12:50 PM
    As John Chen said about the Priv (and now Detek) "It's got the Google". So if you want a BlackBerry with the real Google Play Store and Android 6.0, that's your answer. However, if you want BB10 with Google Play, then the current outdated Android 4.3 Runtime with Cobalt's GPS is all you're ever going to get.
    I would rather wish for an app platform that can run on multiple operating systems (both mobile and desktop) without a data hunger like Google. But I will put that next to a BlackBerry 11 phone
    08-14-16 01:29 PM
    I would rather wish for an app platform that can run on multiple operating systems (both mobile and desktop) without a data hunger like Google. But I will put that next to a BlackBerry 11 phone
    Windows 10 has universal apps that run on both mobile and desktop versions of the OS.

Unfortunately, no matter how much you wish, there's not going to be a BlackBerry 11 OS, or even a 10.4 version.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    08-14-16 04:37 PM
    Unfortunately some of us have to get work done.
    So those of us who use BB10 don't need to get work done? Sigh.

The reality is that this is why we stick with BB10.
    08-14-16 05:13 PM
    Windows 10 has universal apps that run on both mobile and desktop versions of the OS.

Unfortunately, no matter how much you wish, there's not going to be a BlackBerry 11 OS, or even a 10.4 version.

Posted via CB10
    If I may, one thing I have learned with BlackBerry is never say never. I never thought I would see an android based phone let alone two of them with others planed. So truthfully who knows, its great speculation and great fun to talk about OS wants.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    08-14-16 08:22 PM
    That's the secret, having an open mind. Difficult for some.
    Open minds on Crackberry.................are you kidding me...........LOL...Woof!
    08-14-16 08:24 PM

The reality is that this is why we stick with BB10.
    If your work heavily relies on calls/SMS/emails, BBOS/BB10 devices should suffice.

*A3-A20
    08-14-16 09:22 PM
    It's more a question of breadth of work that needs to be done.

BB10 is very good at the basic tasks. Absolutely.
    08-14-16 09:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, except I really do not trust Microsoft any more... never want to use Windows 10, for as long as I can prevent it.

And I was kind of joking about BlackBerry 11... I call it having a nice daydream

Posted via CB10
    08-15-16 12:48 AM
    Need BlackBerry 11...a cross docking Android BBOS hybrid! New QT 5 / Java or other development system...let make a petition!

Posted via CB10
    08-15-16 02:27 AM
88 1234