If BlackBerry even release 10.3.3 with Google Play Store and full app compatible so than it will be same as shoot in leg. Because BlackBerry release Priv, DTEK50. And BlackBerry 10 users will be winners. Still interesting Chen use Passport?
    08-13-16 04:23 PM
    If BlackBerry even release 10.3.3 with Google Play Store and full app compatible so than it will be same as shoot in leg. Because BlackBerry release Priv, DTEK50. And BlackBerry 10 users will be winners. Still interesting Chen use Passport?
    If they could have done that (which they can't), they wouldn't have had to ditch BB10 in the first place.

PRIV STV100-1/AAF960 DTEK50 STH100-1/AAG053 Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.746
    08-13-16 04:29 PM
    The fact is, Google can do whatever they want, and revoke access anytime.
    You might or might not be correct but aren't you just guessing? Have you read the contractual language that governs Blackberry's use of the android runtime?

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 04:53 PM
    Oh FFS...this thread is still going?
    08-13-16 04:54 PM
    The art of deal making requires you to have something the other party wants. BlackBerry has nothing, and they certainly don't have enough cash to bend the will of the entire OHA membership.
    The only possible thing that they have is antitrust lawsuit threats. I think Chen tried to make some noise about this about one or two years ago when he started talking about apps being made for every operating system. He was implying that there was a monopoly problem stopping other OS's from competing.

The fact that Apple is in the market could be a large problem for antitrust arguments.

It does not sound like there is a viable means of twisting Google's arm. If only BlackBerry would scrap the Priv and update BB10 runtime. (Assuming we are correct that the Android devices preclude BlackBerry from releasing a new runtime device.)

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 04:57 PM
    If only BlackBerry would scrap the Priv and update BB10 runtime. (Assuming we are correct that the Android devices preclude BlackBerry from releasing a new runtime device.)

Posted via CB10
    The far bigger problem is the lack of Google Play Services. An updated Runtime is only a partial solution.

This is the basis of the switch to Android in the first place.
    anon(9803228) likes this.
    08-13-16 05:28 PM
    You're suggesting some kind of shell game. The fact is, Google can do whatever they want, and revoke access anytime.

The entire argument is moot. BlackBerry has neither the resources or staff to do anything anyway. There is no reason for them to do this either as there are very few users left.
    On some part it's true. It really depends on how much they need BlackBerry. The more they become dependent on BlackBerry, the more BlackBerry can ask for. However I'm not sure how much it would be wise for Google to do it, since other phone makers would consider themselves cheated.
    Also Tizen has Android runtime included and Samsung is still part of OHA. Seems like the rules are not applied to everyone.
    08-13-16 05:46 PM
    On some part it's true. It really depends on how much they need BlackBerry. The more they become dependent on BlackBerry, the more BlackBerry can ask for. However I'm not sure how much it would be wise for Google to do it, since other phone makers would consider themselves cheated.
    Also Tizen has Android runtime included and Samsung is still part of OHA. Seems like the rules are not applied to everyone.
    Tizen does not ship with an Android Runtime. It's 3rd party software that provides Android compatibility.

Google needs BlackBerry exactly 0 amount.
    08-13-16 06:21 PM
    The runtime on Tizen is provided by a third party through the app store, it's not preinstalled "out of the box".

Android apps will run on Tizen-powered Samsung Z1, via OpenMobile ACL
    08-13-16 06:31 PM
    Tizen does not ship with an Android Runtime. It's 3rd party software that provides Android compatibility.

Google needs BlackBerry exactly 0 amount.
    If that's the case see my earlier comment on how BlackBerry could pull the same thing. Anyhow, the update to the runtime is a dream and nothing else.
    08-13-16 06:38 PM
    If that's the case see my earlier comment on how BlackBerry could pull the same thing. Anyhow, the update to the runtime is a dream and nothing else.
    BlackBerry is not a 3rd party. And a 3rd party can't load software on a BlackBerry device without BlackBerry keys.
    08-13-16 06:59 PM
    Thanks to conite for providing the relevant facts once again. Now let's leave it alone.
    08-13-16 07:20 PM
    Agreed on that one. No point on discussing it further.
    08-13-16 08:06 PM
    Agreed on that one. No point on discussing it further.
    Your right I don't want any Android junk on my BB10.
    moyah8 likes this.
    08-13-16 08:23 PM
    Going down with the ship. Good for you!
    08-13-16 08:26 PM
    Absolutely no benefit to Google although we all wish it were true.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 08:34 PM
    Unfortunately some of us have to get work done.
    08-13-16 08:38 PM
    Going down with the ship. Good for you!
    Yes I don't run, BB10 works for me. You are free to make any choice you wish.
    moyah8 likes this.
    08-13-16 08:40 PM
    Yes I don't run, BB10 works for me. You are free to make any choice you wish.
    Whatever works. That's all that matters.
    08-13-16 08:44 PM
    Unfortunately some of us have to get work done.
    Have no need for any Android Apps, don't need fart apps, games or other junk. My BB10 actually phones, e-mails and any other function I have needed so far. Not sure how you could get anything done on an Android.
    08-13-16 08:46 PM
    Have no need for any Android Apps, don't need fart apps, games or other junk. My BB10 actually phones, e-mails and any other function I have needed so far. Not sure how you could get anything done on an Android.
    My work needs moved past simple email and phone. That's why I had to make the move. Now that I have, I realise how much I had been missing. I can assure you that my business does not employ fart apps, games, or junk.

I'm still a loyal BlackBerry user though!
    08-13-16 08:52 PM
    My work needs moved past simple email and phone. That's why I had to make the move. Now that I have, I realise how much I had been missing. I can assure you that my business does not employ fart apps, games, or junk.

I'm still a loyal BlackBerry user though!
    I'm glad your a loyal Blackberry user BUT I'm not sure what that means now. Does it mean a phone running BBOS or a phone running Android with a Blackberry label on the front or is like a DTECK50 with no Blackberry label on the front and you have to turn it over to see. I think I will just stick with my BB10 phone.
    08-13-16 09:16 PM
    I'm glad your a loyal Blackberry user BUT I'm not sure what that means now. Does it mean a phone running BBOS or a phone running Android with a Blackberry label on the front or is like a DTECK50 with no Blackberry label on the front and you have to turn it over to see. I think I will just stick with my BB10 phone.
    I'm not sure why the location of the logo is important to you, but I can assure you that my Priv and DTEK50s are outstanding devices. With the latter, there is no mistaking the hardware and software changes from the TCL reference design. There is a lot of BB10 DNA in the DTEK50. Do yourself a favour and try one out. There is nothing wrong with enjoying what BB10 has to offer, but keep an open mind - you may be pleasantly surprised.
    08-13-16 09:31 PM
    I love my Z10, but I would also love to upgrade to the Priv or DTEK50 I just don't have the budget for it right now.
    08-14-16 02:33 AM
    Painful truth

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 03:18 AM
88 1234