So I have noticed that one of the biggest gripes people moving to BB10 have been having is that there is no Google Maps app available, at least one that is native. Now I have always bee a firm believer in the thought that if the browser is powerful enough why should an app be necessary? So with this belief I opened up the browser and typed in the address for Google maps and low and behold there it was a fully mobile browser integrated Google maps. No need for an app as it runs and loads incredibly smooth. With generally the same functionality as the desktop version. Don't get me wrong I would flipping love a cascades based app as I think it is the best app front end out there but hopefully this helps those who were not aware. I did a couple of searches on the forums and didn't notice this topic so hopefully this isn't too intrusive.

Posted via CB10
    dracolnyte and peregrineay like this.
    03-13-13 06:52 PM
    I live using Google Maps on my desktop but have found the Maps app that come with the Z10 to work wonderfully.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 06:55 PM
    Oops...Though would love a native set of Google apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 06:56 PM
    Yeah I feel the same way but I keep seeing people complaining about lack of Google maps or side loading the android version. So hopefully this ends some of that as well as allowing some ease of access.

Posted via CB10
    TimJohnSmith likes this.
    03-13-13 07:05 PM
    Yes, the Google Maps mobile web site works quite well on the Z10, especially since the last OS update. I use BB Maps for turn by turn navigation and the Google Maps website for bus info. Sometimes the traffic info on Google Maps is a bit better than on BB Maps.
    03-13-13 08:55 PM
    The stock Maps app works wonderfully for me in Adelaide, Australia. Has found every location I've thrown at it so far!
    03-13-13 09:08 PM
    Have you tried Here Maps from Nokia? It is a pretty cool web app.

http://m.here.com/

Posted via CB10
    torpesco, sala7 and atlac like this.
    03-13-13 10:01 PM
    I use both the stock Maps app, as well as the Google Maps mobile site. Both work wonderfully, and for that reason I don't really care all that much that there isn't a native GM app. If it works and is without major flaws, it's all good.
    03-13-13 10:10 PM
    Thanks OP! I COMPLETELY forgot to even give Google Maps a try using the browser. It works quite well! But as others suggested, the BB10 native app works just as well, if not better due to clarity and cleanliness of the graphics.
    03-13-13 10:24 PM
    everything on the Z10 just works well. dont know why people complain for apps the other OS need in order to run a function.
    03-13-13 11:20 PM
    Nice ill give her a try in the browser. For me my biggest use of it was Google fantastic turn by turn navigation which is the best for paid or non paid sat navs. I did side load Google maps and it works decently well!

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 11:47 PM
    I'm really impressed with the Web based Google Maps. Transit, street view, traffic...all looks great. Why do we need a native Google map? What are we missing?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 06:14 AM
    I just set my home page to Google.com and every time I hit the browser... voila I don't need Google map app =)

I love the option to set my Z10 as desktop view as default (and not have to select this option every time I fire up the browser like other devices - my galaxy note tablet 10.1) & along with flash makes streetview seem like a walk in the park. My stupid galaxy note 10.1 tablet does not support Google Streetview considering Google created their maps and that they don't support Flash on newer OS's which is really stupid. Hello Google if you don't support Flash anymore then you shouldn't use Flash on your maps =)

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 06:21 AM
    As I have yet to try it, does the Google Maps website do the following....

- provide turn by turn audio instructions
    - access you contact list if you would like a route to their address
    - send you a notification if you had to navigate away from the app while doing turn by turn instructions
    03-14-13 08:04 AM

- send you a notification if you had to navigate away from the app while doing turn by turn instructions
    I would assume the web site does none of those things, but it would be good to hear from someone who has used it.
    03-14-13 08:48 AM
    I would assume the web site does none of those things, but it would be good to hear from someone who has used it.
    And I guess this is my point. Native apps are still far better.
    03-14-13 09:19 AM
    I'm using the BlackBerry maps and I think it built quite well. However I still rely on Google maps because they seem to have their POI and addresses up to date. I was looking for a restaurant through BlackBerry maps and it gave me the old address, whereas Google maps gave me the new address.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 10:08 AM
    Dumb question but do you guys think Google will create an app for BB10 as they did for the other BB platforms?
    03-14-13 10:32 AM
    i sideloaded google maps android wrks great
    03-14-13 11:20 AM
    @knight. To have a chance of native apps we need people contacting Google enmasse requesting them. Even if they are using side loaded apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 11:25 AM
    email anyone?
    03-14-13 12:01 PM

In a nutshell no.
    03-14-13 03:05 PM