Has anyone tried sideloading android settings and trying to sign in in there? Is that even possible with 10.2?
    08-10-13 10:46 AM
    You don't need to side load settings as they are already there, but when you try to sign in with Google account it points you to native account settings.

I believe that BlackBerry has intentionally disabled all sign ins to Google a counts because no app that uses Google account works well
    08-10-13 01:27 PM
    You don't need to side load settings as they are already there, but when you try to sign in with Google account it points you to native account settings.

I believe that BlackBerry has intentionally disabled all sign ins to Google a counts because no app that uses Google account works well
    Because there is no gservicesframework

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 07:33 PM
    I'll support a local BlackBerry Dev. I bought BeMaps10.

Posted via CB10
    Me too.. but will sideload this too
    08-10-13 09:18 PM
    what carrier and model?
    Stl100-3 T-Mobile

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 09:22 PM
    Dear guys, I've tried to sideload this app, but it got stuck at this stage:
    Google Maps 7.0.2 beautiful on 2.0.1047!-img_00000098.png

Can anyone help me to solve it, cuz I want to try this new version of Gmap so badly.

I'm using Q10, OS 10.2.0.1047, .810 runtime, and have tried to sideload with either without debug token.

Thanks
    08-11-13 01:09 PM
    Does anyone know if voice guidance works?

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 09:12 PM
    WOW!!. Just tried the navigation using satellite view. Never seen a GPS look like this!

Google Maps 7.0.2 beautiful on 2.0.1047!-img_00000237.png

- aBBuser
    damien kupuku likes this.
    08-13-13 03:55 PM
    Anyone have an issue with very faint sound in the app? I can hear the turn by turn voice, but it's so faint it's unusable. My version seems to be 700022102. Else seems to work pretty good.
    08-13-13 07:24 PM
    Anyone have an issue with very faint sound in the app? I can hear the turn by turn voice, but it's so faint it's unusable. My version seems to be 700022102. Else seems to work pretty good.
    The sound is low, but if you can connect the audio to the auxiliary on your car you can turn up the volume a bit.

- aBBuser
    08-13-13 09:53 PM
    I got no sound at all.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 09:53 PM
    There was a post here last week about how great Google Maps 7 was workiing on 10.2 - but as with all other version and all other OS10 versions so far, GPS signal is lost if google maps is running in the background during navigation. Works fine if running as the front most application, but this is obviously not realistic for navigation on trips that people are doing things like making phone calls, glancing at emails, listening to music - aka all the other things a smartphone is supposed to be able to do while getting navigation.

Please lets not derail this thread about how great other map apps are, and instead focus on what really needs to be done about getting google maps to work.

I have heard it's not a bug in the OS, but that it isn't being ported over correctly. I'm not sure I believe this, but if this is the case why is it that nobody has yet been able to port it over correctly for sideload?

Developers can we have some feedback please? There are a whole lot of OS 10 users that have been patiently waiting for this very necessary business app to run in a usable way.

BTW - Bemaps apparently invokes blackberry maps for navigation - blackberry maps gives very wrong directions in the Chicago / Milwaukee areas. Pretty much unusable so Bemaps is in no way a substitiute for google maps
    08-15-13 04:29 PM
    This is a repost. Please see below italic
    I don't see anything in italics...
    08-15-13 04:32 PM
    This is a repost. Please see below italic

There was a post here last week about how great Google Maps 7 was workiing on 10.2 - but as with all other version and all other OS10 versions so far, GPS signal is lost if google maps is running in the background during navigation. Works fine if running as the front most application, but this is obviously not realistic for navigation on trips that people are doing things like making phone calls, glancing at emails, listening to music - aka all the other things a smartphone is supposed to be able to do while getting navigation.

Please lets not derail this thread about how great other map apps are, and instead focus on what really needs to be done about getting google maps to work.

I have heard it's not a bug in the OS, but that it isn't being ported over correctly. I'm not sure I believe this, but if this is the case why is it that nobody has yet been able to port it over correctly?

Developers can we have some feedback please? There are a whole lot of OS 10 users that have been patiently waiting for this very necessary business app to run in a usable way.

BTW - Bemaps apparently invokes blackberry maps for navigation - blackberry maps gives very wrong directions in the Chicago / Milwaukee areas. Pretty much unusable so Bemaps is in no way a substitiute for google maps
    This seems a reasonable line question.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 04:36 PM
    Kwm1337 - sorry I re edited the post
    08-15-13 04:36 PM
    I'm using it with the debug token method and it works near perfectly for me. The navigation works fine as well. I can minimize the app without losing GPS connection and so far the directions have been dead on. I'm in the greater Los Angeles region if that matters anything.
    08-15-13 05:22 PM
    So I decided to go for a drive with a friend to Bestbuy and to ask the friend to test some stuff out:

Driving to the Store with Google Maps:
    -Route calculation was fast
    -Route changing calculation was average
    -Turn by Turn voice navigation was very impressive and gave me the correct heads up time.
    -Drove for several minutes, screen stayed awake, no lose of GPS signal
    -Passenger minimized google maps and played "Where's my Water" for 3 minutes, Voice navigation came through the music and sfx of the game.
    -Passenger played some music for 2 minutes, Voice navigation came through the music.
    -With google maps minimized, and not doing any activity, BB10 turned off the screen after a minute, GPS connection was lost in 30 seconds.
    -BONOUS TEST: Stopped and downloaded the city maps for offline, turned airplane mode on, drove the rest of the way to bestbuy with full navigation

I have heard it's not a bug in the OS, but that it isn't being ported over correctly. I'm not sure I believe this, but if this is the case why is it that nobody has yet been able to port it over correctly for sideload?
    So from the test above, GPS connection is not lost because google maps is minimized or other apps are being used. GPS is lost with google maps whenever the screen is turned off. It is known that google maps will "let go of GPS connection" when the screen is turned off. If you look at the playstore, there are apps in the playstore that reference this as well: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...reenLite&hl=en
    "Save your battery with short timeout but have great user experience with preselected "no timeout" apps. Useful for reading mail, browsing, or guide with Google maps."

This is a decision made by the google maps developer for whatever reason.

So when you have google maps running in the foreground, the screen will not turn off (it didn't for me). But if you minimized google maps to use the phone for other things, make sure the screen does not turn off or just change the display time out setting.

BTW: I use the debug token method to convert the android app.

Hope that helps.

Check out my "Facepalm" channel: C0001F676
    Last edited by Young Z; 08-15-13 at 07:19 PM.
    08-15-13 07:09 PM
    How did you download the offline maps?

- aBBuser
    08-15-13 08:24 PM
    How did you download the offline maps?
    - aBBuser
    I want to know that too - that's the only reason I uninstalled this version and went back to old one which has the ability to select areas for "make available offline"
    08-15-13 11:55 PM
    How to cache the map area for offline use: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ml#post8964274
    ami.one, pvphooman and sidd1011 like this.
    08-16-13 12:16 AM
    How to cache the map area for offline use: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ml#post8964274
    Thanks! I should have read the whole thread.

Basically type "ok maps" in the search bar and it saves the current map.

- aBBuser
    08-16-13 01:23 AM
    So I decided to go for a drive with a friend to Bestbuy and to ask the friend to test some stuff out:

Driving to the Store with Google Maps:
    -Route calculation was fast
    -Route changing calculation was average
    -Turn by Turn voice navigation was very impressive and gave me the correct heads up time.
    -Drove for several minutes, screen stayed awake, no lose of GPS signal
    -Passenger minimized google maps and played "Where's my Water" for 3 minutes, Voice navigation came through the music and sfx of the game.
    -Passenger played some music for 2 minutes, Voice navigation came through the music.
    -With google maps minimized, and not doing any activity, BB10 turned off the screen after a minute, GPS connection was lost in 30 seconds.
    -BONOUS TEST: Stopped and downloaded the city maps for offline, turned airplane mode on, drove the rest of the way to bestbuy with full navigation

So from the test above, GPS connection is not lost because google maps is minimized or other apps are being used. GPS is lost with google maps whenever the screen is turned off. It is known that google maps will "let go of GPS connection" when the screen is turned off. If you look at the playstore, there are apps in the playstore that reference this as well: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...reenLite&hl=en
    "Save your battery with short timeout but have great user experience with preselected "no timeout" apps. Useful for reading mail, browsing, or guide with Google maps."

This is a decision made by the google maps developer for whatever reason.

So when you have google maps running in the foreground, the screen will not turn off (it didn't for me). But if you minimized google maps to use the phone for other things, make sure the screen does not turn off or just change the display time out setting.

BTW: I use the debug token method to convert the android app.

Hope that helps.

Check out my "Facepalm" channel: C0001F676
    Ok, I appreciate you guys testing this out. At least we have some feedback.

I will also test the GPS signal lost due to screen timeout as opposed to being run in background.

Still - this leaves navigation unusable in the background if the max screen timeout is 5 minutes, this means that GPS will be lost in 5 minutes ever time Google maps is running in background. Clearly not acceptable for any real journey that requires navigation for more than 5 minutes.

Has anyone figured out a work around to get this to be usable??
    08-16-13 01:13 PM
    I was just wondering if someone could tell me how to get street view I have a hard time finding it.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 01:35 PM
    Installed today. Works perfect. No issues!!! Tnx!
    08-16-13 02:29 PM
    I was just wondering if someone could tell me how to get street view I have a hard time finding it.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10

Click here :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ml#post8969841
    08-16-13 02:40 PM
265 ... 7891011