The new updates that were released today make it that much better
    why would i pay for the same functionality that's available on https://maps.google.com or use this over a sideloaded googlemaps, especially as the sideloaded version follows you as you walk or drive etc.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 07:42 PM
    why would i pay for the same functionality that's available on https://maps.google.com or use this over a sideloaded googlemaps, especially as the sideloaded version follows you as you walk or drive etc.

Posted via CB10
    No one is forcing you to pay for an app you may or may not use.

You can download something to your phone illegally but then don't complain that you don't have enough apps on BlackBerry because the people who put in effort are not seeing returns. I certainly won't waste my time - and neither will other developers.

Again, we're not begging you.
    Kris Simundson and dietertong like this.
    08-07-13 08:12 PM
    When it comes to bring cheap about paying for apps, Android users are the deadbeats of the mobile world. Far more than Apple or Blackberry users, they are the hardest to get their wallets opened.
    08-07-13 08:49 PM
    It is an APK file and when I try to convert it on APK2BAR it puts out an error message that says:
    com.google.android.apps.maps_v7.0.2.700022113.apk
    Atypical error while converting .apk

So--I guess this one is a loss for me at least. I have their last version on my Q10 and it works awesome!
    So, clicking the link below gets you an APK file?

http://69.162.109.42/Apk2Bar/bar/com....700022113.bar

This is blowing my mind... I must find out what is happening...
    08-07-13 08:58 PM
    How do get a card reader for my z10 so I can take credit cards? Lol

Posted via CB10
    I converted the Square .apk to .bar and it works on my Q10 - albeit the numbers are squished it still works, and works really fast! I use a stylus to tap out the numbers here. The reader doesn't work so you will need to key in card #'s

Here is the .bar file (I used Google Chrome to sideload)
    http://www.healthquestpt.com/com.squareup_v1.0.89.0.bar
    Attached Thumbnails Google Maps 7.0.2 beautiful on 2.0.1047!-img_00000001.png  
    08-07-13 09:06 PM
    BeMapsPro works too (from BlackBerry World) but is not free. I sidelong apps all the time but this one works great right out the chute

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 09:24 PM
    The version of skype found here http://69.162.109.42/Apk2Bar/bar/com...3.50469393.bar works better than the one in BBWorld, it actually worked superbly on my Q10 just tried it now! The BBWolrd one has never worked properly on my Q10!
    Do you have the apk? It crashes upon opening.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 10:22 PM
    Works, and it's soooooo nice and smooth!

Posted via CB10 ~ Follow me on Twitter @TheNewsHQ for all news as it happens ~
    08-07-13 10:25 PM

Posted via CB10

You can download something to your phone illegally but then don't complain that you don't have enough apps on BlackBerry because the people who put in effort are not seeing returns. I certainly won't waste my time - and neither will other developers.

Exactly this. People complain they want a native app this, native app that, yet when a developer gives them what they want, it's "oh your charging $3.99 for your work? We'll I'll just sideload something not meant for my device, and complain later why it doesn't work"
    retomex, ubizmo and dietertong like this.
    08-07-13 10:57 PM
    I solved my problem.....when I used google crome it converted apk to bar properly....never had to use crome before....now this version of google maps is fine but there doesn't seem to be away to use google NAV without signing into google play , this verision also overroad the version 6 navigation so this does not work for me....going back to maps/nav 6.....
    08-07-13 11:36 PM
    I'll support a local BlackBerry Dev. I bought BeMaps10.

Posted via CB10
    I did the same.
    08-08-13 01:29 AM
    Is there anyway to change the guidance voice? Its a robot voice and not clear this app is really super and I hope to find a way

Posted via Z10 STL100-1 OS 10.2.0.1047
    08-08-13 02:53 AM
    Lol, yes, and I'm trying to get my post count to OVER 9000!!!
    08-08-13 07:47 AM
    Dragon Ball fan, are we?

Funny idea, though that'd be punishing innocent people for Google's mistake.

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    True enough, but OTOH, people need to realize tech isn't perfect, and should still use the best tool available: common sense. And to your question, yes, and I'm trying to get my post count OVER 9000!
    00stryder likes this.
    08-08-13 07:52 AM
    So, clicking the link below gets you an APK file?

http://69.162.109.42/Apk2Bar/bar/com....700022113.bar

This is blowing my mind... I must find out what is happening...
    He/she must be using Internet Explorer.... It does not happen with Mozilla or Chrome.
    08-08-13 08:26 AM
    I'm on q10 SQN100-5

I get the following error when installing using the chrome extension:

nfo: Action: Install
    Info: File size: 5432585
    Info: Installing ...
    Info: Processing 5432585 bytes
    Info: Progress 0%...
    Info: Progress 50%...
    Info: Progress 50%...
    Info: Progress 100%...
    actual_dname::com.google.android.apps.maps.gYABgBJ 4ASk4fu0zNPXzJmBvwIU
    actual_id::gYABgBJ4ASk4fu0zNPXzJmBvwIU
    actual_version::1.10681.32098.0
    result::failure -104

Was wondering what method you guys used to side load the app?

Thanks!
    The only way I got around the "result::failure -104" was to wipe and re-install. Working perfectly now...
    08-08-13 08:29 AM
    Exactly this. People complain they want a native app this, native app that, yet when a developer gives them what they want, it's "oh your charging $3.99 for your work? We'll I'll just sideload something not meant for my device, and complain later why it doesn't work"
    I agree, but the cost is higher than just the initial $3.99 since data usage is higher when using Google Maps via its API.
    08-08-13 09:00 AM

You keep using the word 'illegal', I don't think that word means what you think it means. Sideloading is not illegal nor has Google expressed any dissatisfaction with it.

I use Google Maps daily. Especially because I'm overseas right now on vacation. The functionality provided to m by sideloaded Google Maps isn't comparable to the one being sold in the appworld. Why would I pay for an obsolete application that is worse than one that is free? I will pay for any application that's worth it

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 09:58 AM

Fun fact: in the 7.0 release, the developers "hid" the off-line feature by making you have to type "OK Maps" in the search field. You can still do that in this version.

Check out my "Facepalm" channel: C0001F676

Thanks buddy. Awesome tip.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 10:26 AM
    I think YOU understand neither the word 'legal' nor 'illegal.'

SIDE LOADING AN APP NOT LEGAL. PERIOD.

"You may not copy, modify, distribute, sell, or lease any part of our Services or included software, nor may you reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of that software, unless laws prohibit those restrictions or you have our written permission." Source: Google Terms of Service. Emphasis mine.

Try again. What you're doing IS ILLEGAL and NOT ENDORSED BY Google and/or any developer for that matter. Google probably won't sue you but that does NOT make it legal.

What is legal is using the Google Maps API to build a map like the BeMaps developer has.

ANOTHER THING: That app is not obsolete in any way whatsoever. As Google updates its maps, that app's maps will also get updated.

If you still don't think that app is worth it, you should TRY developing yourself.

You keep using the word 'illegal', I don't think that word means what you think it means. Sideloading is not illegal nor has Google expressed any dissatisfaction with it.

I use Google Maps daily. Especially because I'm overseas right now on vacation. The functionality provided to m by sideloaded Google Maps isn't comparable to the one being sold in the appworld. Why would I pay for an obsolete application that is worse than one that is free? I will pay for any application that's worth it

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 11:14 AM
    You are an *****.

No part of Google Terms and Conditions are being violated. Google Maps is readily available to any Android device and BlackBerry has Android on it. We are not copying, modifying, distributing or reverse engineering one of their applications. We are merely loading the application on our phone without converting it in any way, shape or form. It runs the same way it does on an Android device. Not to mention, Android is an open source platform.

If this was against the law, BlackBerry would have already been sued by Google for allowing it in the first place.

The only thing that is illegal is using Google Services Framework without having a paid license etc.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 11:21 AM
    Awesome job on the leaks. Google maps works perfectly. Incredibly smooth. No issues at all. STL100-4 on Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 11:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    Is it legal to freely re - publish an app which is freely published on Google play store ? - Avvo.com
    bungaboy and ubizmo like this.
    08-08-13 11:34 AM
    You are an *****.

No part of Google Terms and Conditions are being violated. Google Maps is readily available to any Android device and BlackBerry has Android on it. We are not copying, modifying, distributing or reverse engineering one of their applications. We are merely loading the application on our phone without converting it in any way, shape or form. It runs the same way it does on an Android device. Not to mention, Android is an open source platform.

If this was against the law, BlackBerry would have already been sued by Google for allowing it in the first place.

The only thing that is illegal is using Google Services Framework without having a paid license etc.

Posted via CB10
    Do you know what happens when you convert a APK to a BAR? It modifies the ANDROID CODE, so it can run in the BlackBerry Android Runtime
    toobs623 and Nicolay Doytchev like this.
    08-08-13 11:35 AM
    Hey, guys. Crackberry just published an article on sideloading an android app to BB10, maybe you can bring your legality debate there?

http://m.crackberry.com/sideload-yah...ports-football

Check out my "Facepalm" channel: C0001F676
    08-08-13 12:03 PM
265 ... 45678 ...