(Caveat: this is in beta and you need an invite. I do have a couple left so please PM me if you would like one. You do need a gmail account.)

I've been playing with Google Inbox on both the web and on my Nexus 5 and I must say it is revolutionizing how I handle email. Its brilliant.

While it is essentially an easy way to create filters on the fly, I love the ease in which I can create reminders, snooze emails and set priorities for what appears in the inbox, right on the phone.

The Hub is great and you can sort of use the priority feature to mimic Inbox triage, but it all seems so old fashioned now. Like grandpa's email. Same thing goes for any other email app.

I think Blackberry needs to up its game in the email department and soon. There is no reason why with IMAP and active sync some sort of easy automation can't be implemented in BB10.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-18-15 03:43 PM
    Send me an invite please.
    Thanks
    Alvin Heramiz likes this.
    02-18-15 03:45 PM
    Please send invite, thx

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2267
    02-18-15 03:52 PM
    As an email handler, I think Inbox is okay. It is a great idea, but I think what it does is a bit different from what the Hub does, which is to be a one-stop messaging center on one's device.
    02-18-15 03:54 PM
    Any email is 'grandpa's email' (ok, really more like Dad's email).

Which is why the hub handles much more than that. Glad Google is improving email (web for me) though.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 03:57 PM
    OP I agree that BlackBerry should step up it's email game somehow. Though email on a BlackBerry is great... there has been no significant innovation in years. BlackBerry is stagnant and comfortable at the moment (regarding email). We all know what happened the last time BlackBerry got comfy and stood still...

Posted via CB10
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    02-18-15 04:00 PM
    Please PM with your email address if you want an invite, thanks!

02-18-15 04:23 PM
    Please PM with your email address

I PMed you randomroyalty... would love to try this out
    02-18-15 04:24 PM
    You are their product and since they scan every email to data mine your life and sell it to marketers they might as well organize it for you.

Also know as a Reach Around.

Posted via CB10
    randomroyalty likes this.
    02-18-15 06:12 PM
    You are their product and since they scan every email to data mine your life and sell it to marketers they might as well organize it for you.
    Banks do the same. Do you have a bank account? Go close it tomorrow.
    02-18-15 06:19 PM
    Six weeks with Google's Inbox -- and why it's back to Gmail for me | Computerworld

And I closed my bank acc already, my wealth is buried in the land of five rivers where no army can touch them..
    02-18-15 06:38 PM
    Using Inbox on my Z10 (installed the inbox apk) Playing with it, seems pretty useful. Seems like an expansion on how gmail the first inbox organization when they grouped promotions and social emails. Still figuring my way around it.
    02-18-15 06:41 PM
    Using Inbox on my Z10 (installed the inbox apk) Playing with it, seems pretty useful. Seems like an expansion on how gmail the first inbox organization when they grouped promotions and social emails. Still figuring my way around it.
    You installed Play Services?

02-18-15 07:10 PM

Also know as a Reach Around.

Posted via CB10
    The point is not to push Google, but to use their ideas to improve Blackberry offerings. If we aren't giving compelling options for Android and other smartphone users to switch, then the platform is going to keep falling behind.

02-18-15 07:13 PM
    The point is not to push Google, but to use their ideas to improve Blackberry offerings. If we aren't giving compelling options for Android and other smartphone users to switch, then the platform is going to keep falling behind.
    BlackBerry can't improve anything at the moment. Google provides complete service, from mail servers to end client applications, with complete integration of contacts, calendars, Google Now, etc. Inbox is not just standalone app, it's part of the package. BlackBerry has only a mail client with no access to Google proprietary technology.
    02-18-15 08:00 PM
    You installed Play Services?

Yes I did. Before I could use Inbox by Gmail on my computer's browser I had to activate it on my phone... as you know. But I wanted to just use it on my computer so I deleted the app.

But yeah, I installed Google Play services

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 08:13 PM