Took the update today (had 2354 loaded previously - which might be the root of this problem). Had four "can't connect" notifications in the hub, one for each account (two e-mails, one carddav, one caldav). I went into account settings to re-enter my passwords and reconnect. The first two accounts, the e-mail accounts, connected w/o a problem.

Oddly, the CardDAV account editing triggered a google log-in screen (must have been launched in the browser) to log into my google account. I logged in and then was presented with a screen that I have never seen before, asking me for permissions for three items for google to sync. I don't remember exactly what the items were. I enabled them all. Then the carddav connected and within a few minutes all of my google contacts appeared on the phone. Perfect.

But when I went to try and do the same thing for my CalDAV account, it does NOT allow me to get to the account screen. Instead, I get a blank screen with only a "previous" button at the top-left. I figured I'd just delete that caldav account and setup another one, but since it won't give me that account screen, there's no delete icon! I was able to create a new caldav account and it is syncing fine.

1) How can I delete that non-working google cardav account? Please don't say "security wipe". lol. Any ideas?

2) Did Google change the way it syncs with the BB10 (for google accounts that don't have Google Sync)? Probably not, but that Google permission page had me thinking that perhaps something had changed. Otherwise, why would a carddav account trigger that permissions page?
    Last edited by slickvguy; 07-29-13 at 11:22 PM.
    07-29-13 10:49 PM
    Yes delete the account and then add it again. You do NOT have to wipe to do this.

Go to the Setup Icon, then Email Accounts, then select the account you want to delete, and then click on the delete trashcan.
    07-30-13 03:43 PM
    Yes delete the account and then add it again. You do NOT have to wipe to do this.

Go to the Setup Icon, then Email Accounts, then select the account you want to delete, and then click on the delete trashcan.
    pkcable, thanks for the reply, but you aren't grasping the situation. I"m well aware of how to delete an account. What I'm saying is that the screen does NOT come up. There is no way to SELECT the account. And when you tap on it, it just shows a blank screen w/ a "previous" button. Nothing else. No trashcan. No other choices. Nada.

I suppose there's no harm in leaving it, since the new google caldav account I created is working properly w/ my calendar. But it would be nice to get rid of it. Aside from a security wipe or "factory reset", I don't see how I can delete it. I thought that maybe there was a shortcut or hidden feature to straighten the accounts out, like you can do w/ the Hub.

I might try backing up the application data and settings and then doing a restore of settings. Maybe that'll clear it out? Worth a shot.
    07-30-13 04:22 PM
    Well, I ended up doing a "factory reset" or whatever Blackberry calls it this week.

Reconfigured settings, etc, etc. Restored media. Wasn't too painful. But I won't restore AppData and Settings because I don't want to restore anything that might mess things up again. This is where not being able to selectively backup/restore data (or export data from within the app) is a real killer! Thus, some data like my Remember folders is effectively gone forever.

Interesting how much of a difference there is in the size of the AppData and Settings backups done just before the factory reset (331MB) and just after (81MB). Seriously? A few Remember folders and a bit of other stuff... consumed 250MB? Yeesh. Talk about overhead.

Anyway. It's likely that this problem occurred because I upgraded straight from 2354, so I don't blame BBRY for this one. I probably should have downgraded first to the last official Koodo release and THEN taken the update. Though I will say that the backup, restore, and reset speeds over USB are ridiculously slow.
    07-30-13 09:53 PM
    Hey, I have the exact same problem as described by slickvguy.

I can re-add the secondary google CalDAV calendar, via Add Account > Advanced > CalDAV >

Username: [email protected]
    Email Address: [email protected]
    Server Address:
    https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/<SecondaryGoogleCalendarCode>@group.calendar.googl e.com/events

after the 10.1.0.4181, this secondary calendar appears along with the primary gmail account within the accounts section.

before the 10.1.0.4181, the secondary calendar appeared on its own separate account within the accounts section.

Also, as slickvguy described,
    I can not delete the original non-working secondary Google CalDAV account, all I get is a blank screen when the acct is pressed, no icons appear to edit/delete it.

Looks like I'll be stuck with the old calendar for awhile, don't want to do a wipe at this time.

Thanks
    08-05-13 02:33 AM

Also, as slickvguy described,
    I can not delete the original non-working secondary Google CalDAV account, all I get is a blank screen when the acct is pressed, no icons appear to edit/delete it.
    Just want to update on the situation,
    I can now delete my old non-working secondary Google CalDAV account. I don't get a blank screen any more, I get a google login which I then proceeded to deleted the CalDAV account.

I'm still on 10.1.0.4181

Those with similar issues can retry to login within the account settings.
    08-28-13 12:44 AM