Hi all, I was wondering if someone could help me please!

I am flying to Spain next week from the UK. I currently have a pay monthly sim only deal with Virgin media. I sort of know where I am going once in Spain and speak Spanish, but prefer to use maps for a few seconds to get me on track Ito avoid the hassle of speaking to people... I know.. I'm sad .

Anyway, Virgin are offering 250mb of data package for 20 pounds, which seems pricy to me but whatever!

The question I have is, how many mb can I expect a maps app to take while I navigate say for 10-15 mins... Even less... I won't use the Internet and will disable notifications.. So that most of the data only comes from maps. But is it worth it? Will 250 mb suffice for navigating? Or do maps take 250 mb just to tell you that you need to turn left on the next street?

Also, with location services, how does this work, does data have to be enabled? Or can location services be activated without data.. And what is the likelihood of location services being available in Spain. I will be travelling to the north.

Thanks all!
    05-13-15 03:39 PM
    Last year I went to Greece and used Navfree and on the road
    Since you download the apps and offline maps prior to the trip, it doesn't cost any money as gps signal is free

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 04:01 PM
    Last year I went to Greece and used Navfree and on the road
    Since you download the apps and offline maps prior to the trip, it doesn't cost any money as gps signal is free

Posted via CB10
    Never considered this, will check it out... Does it support walking navigation too?
    05-13-15 04:12 PM
    It did

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 05:00 PM
    Maps.me will also do the same thing in terms of offline maps (once downloaded). You can find the app in Snap if you're interested.
    05-13-15 05:15 PM
    All check out Aponia.
    05-13-15 05:19 PM