Still no fix for the glitch "Calendar does not support participants" for us Activesync paid Google business users.
    Can't invite people from BB10's calendar, unless I switch to IMAP mode (CalDAV) which means I lose push email on my Google-based work account.
    If I try a workaround and turn off syncing the calendar on the Activesync Account, then add only the calendar as its own CalDAV account, it will not be associated with an email account on my phone and can't send or accept invitations.

I can't believe this isn't fixed yet.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 02:52 PM
    Google's version of active sync is not real active sync. So I imagine it's not something BlackBerry Is going to spend too much time on. You're better off going with imap and such or switching to office365 for full Active Sync support. It's worth the jump. I did it and I'm glad I did.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 02:55 PM
    Google's version of active sync is not real active sync. So I imagine it's not something BlackBerry Is going to spend too much time on. You're better off going with imap and such or switching to office365 for full Active Sync support. It's worth the jump. I did it and I'm glad I did.

Posted via CB10
    IMAP means no more push email correct? That's not an option.
    Office365? Is that an option? The company I work for is on Google. I can't change that.

Posted via CB10
    canuckcam likes this.
    02-02-14 03:00 PM
    I use Gmail/IMAP. It's almost instant delivery, when "push" is selected during setup. If I send a test message to one of my EAS accounts and to my Gmail IMAP account, they arrive within a split second of each other. You should give it a try.
    anischab and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-02-14 06:07 PM
    If I add the account using IMAP or as a Gmail account I don't see the options to sync contacts or calendar.
    If I add separate CalDAV and CardDav account for those, then they won't be linked with the email account will they (i.e. Will I be able to accept a meeting from the email account?).

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 08:14 PM
    If I add the account using IMAP or as a Gmail account I don't see the options to sync contacts or calendar.
    If I add separate CalDAV and CardDav account for those, then they won't be linked with the email account will they (i.e. Will I be able to accept a meeting from the email account?).

Posted via CB10
    No, it doesn't support accepting requests and sending.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 08:17 PM
    Well this sucks. No solution then.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 08:28 PM
    That must be specific to a paid Google account, then. With the standard accounts, adding the email automatically adds the Contacts and Calendar.
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 02-02-14 at 09:15 PM.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-02-14 08:40 PM
    I just gave it another shot and it added email, contacts and calendar.
    But emails are NOT quick to come in at all. Even with "Use Push if Supported" on, the messages do not push through.
    I still have the Activesync version on phone and it is instant. Test emails come into the IMAP account much later (few mins later).
    So basically what I said earlier is still true:
    Pick your poison... Push email without calendar participant invitations or No push email with a fully functional calendar.
    Sucks.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 08:45 PM
    I just gave it another shot and it added email, contacts and calendar.
    But emails are NOT quick to come in at all. Even with "Use Push if Supported" on, the messages do not push through.
    I still have the Activesync version on phone and it is instant. Test emails come into the IMAP account much later (few mins later).
    So basically what I said earlier is still true:
    Pick your poison... Push email without calendar participant invitations or No push email with a fully functional calendar.
    Sucks.

Posted via CB10
    OK, that pretty much indicates the issue is specific to the paid Google Apps account.. Gmail IMAP is definitely push, immediate for standard accounts.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-02-14 09:16 PM
    Also, I believe you can have ActiveSync email and have a separate calendar through CalDav for that same Google account (different in your phone).

//Some forum moderators at some forums are like communist
    02-02-14 10:09 PM
    Also, I believe you can have ActiveSync email and have a separate calendar through CalDav for that same Google account (different in your phone).

Yes you can, but then you can't send and accept invitations, since the CalDAV won't be associated with an email account on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 10:46 PM
    So then just go fully IMAP. I have 2 phones with me - the other one uses EAS and most of the time mails arrive together.

02-03-14 05:50 AM
    I'm having a similar problem. I've updated to 10.2, and I can sync the email only, but no contacts or calendar, as it did on the other version. There isn't a menu option like before to choose what you want to sync. I've removed and re-added the account several times. Again, this started after the update. Any suggestions?
    02-03-14 07:58 AM
    Go IMAP for email and manually add calendar via CalDAV. If you need help drop a line here.

Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-03-14 08:27 AM
    What about contacts? That's my main concern. The email syncs seamlessly, but the option from the prior OS to sync contacts, calendar, email "on/off" isn't there anymore. Do the contacts and calendar no longer sync automatically?

Thanks!
    02-03-14 02:38 PM
    So then just go fully IMAP. I have 2 phones with me - the other one uses EAS and most of the time mails arrive together.

I really don't know how some people get almost instant email delivery through IMAP. When I set up the same account via IMAP, the Activesync version received a test email, and a full 3 minutes later it still wasn't received by the IMAP version (with Push if Supported option enabled and the sync time set to the minimum 5 minute interval).

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 06:51 PM
    OK so I retried with IMAP.
    This time I let everything settle in until old ails were synced before testing, and it is working well pushing emails through.
    I tried quite a few test messages from multiple accounts and it works great.
    Thank you everyone for helping.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-03-14 09:03 PM
    I still have the Activesync version on phone and it is instant.

In general you should not configure 2 hub accounts on the device connecting to the same email service account.

I really don't know how some people get almost instant email delivery through IMAP. When I set up the same account via IMAP, the Activesync version received a test email, and a full 3 minutes later it still wasn't received by the IMAP version (with Push if Supported option enabled and the sync time set to the minimum 5 minute interval).

IMAP push certainly works (if your provider supports it) though it is not as robust as EAS is in an "unfriendly" network environment. (ie many home networks with cheap routers)
    02-03-14 10:40 PM
    The only problem I have with the IMAP speeds is that if you have 2 devices or more connecting to the same account, if one of them is temporarily off line (let's say you are driving) and 1 gets the push, the second will not automatically get it right away after becoming online.

02-03-14 11:48 PM
    zyad, glad you had it right.
    Now, I do suggest Office365 as a serious alternative. Works like a charm with my BB10 devices for both personal and work (with BES Unite) spaces.
    I personally won't give google my sensible data. But that's a personal choice.
    02-04-14 04:07 AM
    Is anyone else having the contact/calendar sync problem? Also, I get an "account provisioning" notification. I open the notification, it says accounts loading, and that's it.....for 30 minutes.....that's as long as I waited. At that point I exited and deleted, but the notification comes back daily. Suggestions on BOTH these issues?
    02-04-14 06:44 AM