I count as 4 subs on AT&T, two phones plus one iPad plus one watch. A lot of people here probably do more than that

But anyway, BB tried to focus BB10 onto the corporate market for issued phones and we all know how many phones they managed to sell with that strategy.
    11-05-18 01:23 PM
    How many here have half a dozen phones?

How many people carry both a personal phone and a work phone?

How does this have anything to do with bringing back BB10? Doesn't change that BB10 doesn't do what people wanted a smartphone platform to do. Doesn't change that it's years behind at this point with no one left to work on it. Doesn't change the risk associated with even considering bringing it back.
    Numbers don't count number of phones you have, but active subscribers - big difference. But some of the puzzle is solved if we are talking number of actual sims, for unrelated to phone devices. I assumed (wrongly) that tablets with lte's/data plans weren't bundled in here. It seems they are. But I think the BYOD phenomena for work while big, hasn't ended the work phone/personal phone dual carry.

Perhaps as well there's assisted living devices lumped into this.....and I guess cellular routers for portable networking. However it seems MVNO'S are not included in these numbers, so they would boost the number by millions more.

Ask a simple question, get a complex answer.
    Last edited by i_plod_an_dr_void; 11-05-18 at 04:19 PM.
    11-05-18 03:55 PM
    Oh and bb10 did and does do, for millions of people what they want a smartphone to do...if it did it a little bit more flawlessly on day one of release (instead of a little later) well that number would have been much much higher.
    11-05-18 04:17 PM
    Oh and bb10 did and does do, for millions of people what they want a smartphone to do...if it did it a little bit more flawlessly on day one of release (instead of a little later) well that number would have been much much higher.
    A few million is orders of magnitude too little to keep an entire platform alive and healthy.
    ppeters914 and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    11-05-18 04:35 PM
    rofl....okay final draft Steve Austin......for 6 million?
    11-06-18 05:21 PM
    rofl....okay final draft Steve Austin......for 6 million?
    Sounds like you see a great opportunity for BB10. You should start a company and license BB10. The EU already has spent the Google fine 3x over by now. By the time Google actually pays it the EU will probably have spent it 6x over. The EU leaders always need to increase the number of bureaucrats.

So if you see an opportunity then make it happen. There are billions held in venture funds looking for the next big opportunity. Go for it, or you can just spend time having fun on the forum yanking chains.
    11-07-18 12:40 AM
    Sounds like you see a great opportunity for BB10. You should start a company and license BB10. The EU already has spent the Google fine 3x over by now. By the time Google actually pays it the EU will probably have spent it 6x over. The EU leaders always need to increase the number of bureaucrats.

So if you see an opportunity then make it happen. There are billions held in venture funds looking for the next big opportunity. Go for it, or you can just spend time having fun on the forum yanking chains.
    That's the thing... in the end the EU fine will end up costing people there more... either in money for apps Google doesn't give away free anymore, or in time to find and download the right apps that should have come installed on the phone anyway.

Proable help Apple... as their phones will offer a complete package. But open the door for other operating systems?
    11-09-18 11:29 AM
    Well amazon gets maybe 4.2Billion for new HQ2's. So that's another possible Sovereign Fund source for bb10 device revival (not NY of course (lol), but perhaps someone Closer to BB's HQ1...but there's always BBM to do the assembly.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/am...181611603.html
    11-18-18 09:20 PM
    Well amazon gets maybe 4.2Billion for new HQ2's. So that's another possible Sovereign Fund source for bb10 device revival (not NY of course (lol), but perhaps someone Closer to BB's HQ1...but there's always BBM to do the assembly.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/am...181611603.html
    I can only assume that you are just writing stuff down and then laughing that you can get people to read it.
    11-18-18 09:37 PM
    So the whole....where did the anti-trust division of the US government disappear to, when dealing with Silicon Valley seems to be gaining some traction in Washington lately...(hopefully the OHA manufacturing cartel/Google Android will be examined)..... now that would be a shot in the arm to get Blackberry thinking about reviving BB10 (in order to rebalance the smartphone OS markets).....well okay that plus I guess up to a Billion for a reboot.
    https://video.foxnews.com/v/60123211...#sp=show-clips
    [Swampwatch: DOJ is making life easier for Silicon Valley Monopolies]
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    03-11-19 12:42 AM
  11. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    do you know what i say?
    i have a dream

Posted via CB10
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    03-11-19 05:08 AM
    Can a BB10 swim in an ocean of Androids?

03-11-19 06:39 PM
    So the EU will pay BlackBerry $1 billion per year, in perpetuity, to licence BB10?
    No. But the #EU may buy BlackBerry, lock stock and smoking barrel, with the backing of the Commonwealth. Most of the United Nations would welcome the move. Establishing a non American Operating system (code named 2020).
    Establishing smartphone manufacturing in Europe and the four eyes Nations and the 15 eyes Nations.

And maybe smartphone manufacturing in the Gambia or Senegal close to the Gambia Harbour.

But they would have to overcome the problem of manufacturing in the heat of Africa.

And note I said four eyes Nations. European server farms capable of outstripping Google and Microsoft are already planned for establishment under the control of European countries.

Russia has already declared its interest in such a possibility and is willing to assist.

Even China has made enquiries and maybe winning to join the system.

Russia is already considering joining the EU.

So establishing the Blackberry style operating system across the friendly Nations is nowhere near undoable.
    08-17-19 07:25 AM
    No. But the #EU may buy BlackBerry, lock stock and smoking barrel, with the backing of the Commonwealth. Most of the United Nations would welcome the move. Establishing a non American Operating system (code named 2020).
    Establishing smartphone manufacturing in Europe and the four eyes Nations and the 15 eyes Nations.

And maybe smartphone manufacturing in the Gambia or Senegal close to the Gambia Harbour.

But they would have to overcome the problem of manufacturing in the heat of Africa.

And note I said four eyes Nations. European server farms capable of outstripping Google and Microsoft are already planned for establishment under the control of European countries.

Russia has already declared its interest in such a possibility and is willing to assist.

So establishing the Blackberry style operating system across the friendly Nations is nowhere near undoable.
    And THEN spend another $1 billion dollars a year to re-develop and maintain BB10?

Don't forget, apart from IP, BlackBerry really doesn't have anything/anyone left to do anything with regards to BB10.
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    08-17-19 08:28 AM
    And THEN spend another $1 billion dollars a year to re-develop and maintain BB10?

Don't forget, apart from IP, BlackBerry really doesn't have anything/anyone left to do anything with regards to BB10.
    It won't be that high, but it would certainly be higher than 10 million.

And far more controllable and done with blackberries accountancy division really screwed it up with fake accounting practices.
    08-17-19 08:31 AM
    It won't be that high, but it would certainly be higher than 10 million.

And far more controllable and done with blackberries accountancy division really screwed it up with fake accounting practices.
    $1 billion is a low-ball figure. It essentially has to be rebuilt from scratch. This figure is a small fraction of what it cost the first time around.
    08-17-19 08:46 AM

If the EU wanted to invest in an smartphone OS to break America's monopoly they would invest in Sailfish as it's already EU based, open source, and actively developed.
    app_Developer likes this.
    08-17-19 11:15 AM
    If the EU wanted to invest in an smartphone OS to break America's monopoly they would invest in Sailfish as it's already EU based, open source, and actively developed.
    And built on open source Linux, which reduces project risk and also simplifies hardware compatibility.

You can’t base this European OS on a kernel that is closed source and owned by a small Canadian company
    Invictus0 likes this.
    08-17-19 12:24 PM
43 12