09-14-13 12:33 AM
109 ... 345
tools
    Each to their own. When someone says goodbye to Blackberry, I feel a little sad.

...still, if you're going to leave... why be so dramatic about it... unless you're reluctant to do so.

Which of course... means you shouldn't have made the announcement, and tried something that could have met your needs.

Or you're just trolling or being a drama queen. *shrugs*
    mk2234 and Pdinos3 like this.
    09-13-13 11:31 PM
    I think the OP was trying to offer some helpful thoughts - sort of like an exit interview when leaving an employer. Maybe we (and BB) need to listen carefully...I doubt he is alone (not every departing BB user takes the time to post).

The loss of hardware buttons like pickup/hangup are critical for a lot of users - particularly those one-handed travellers. Similarly, keyboard shutcuts were great for people on the move and the trackpad was as fast (and more accurate) than fingers on a screen.

The respondents are correct...there have been fewer and fewer such posts; just as there have been fewer and fewer BB users. Maybe the wrong conclusion is being drawn? There are a lot of BBOS6 & 7 devices still in use for a reason, and over time the benefit of a keyboard will be outweighed by that of functionality from the Android (or IOS) world.

Hey BB - pay attention to the exit interviews!
    xanadome and moody like this.
    09-13-13 11:58 PM
    I've been a big fan of Blackberry since my first smart phone -- and still am -- HUGE fan of BlackBerry 10 (Z10 specifically). Just thought I'd chime in and say the OP is probably the most level headed and calm person I've seen online. People have been rudely shouting at him (out of anger understandably) but the OP has replied very respectfully. For that I have no qualms with you -- to each their own -- and I really do hope you find your perfect smartphone -- god speed
    09-14-13 12:09 AM
    Each to their own. When someone says goodbye to Blackberry, I feel a little sad.

...still, if you're going to leave... why be so dramatic about it... unless you're reluctant to do so.

Which of course... means you shouldn't have made the announcement, and tried something that could have met your needs.

Or you're just trolling or being a drama queen. *shrugs*
    Of course he is reluctant! He has a strong affinity to the brand and clearly outlined his long time relationship with the various BlackBerry products over the years. So he wants to get the feeling of guilt and remorse off his shoulders before he moves on. And I don't blame him. It's hard to leave a product as great as BlackBerry used to be. But it's time has come and gone.

sent from HTC One
    09-14-13 12:13 AM
    Eh, i left android cause it was laggy, left iOS because of the keyboard.. BB10 is where its at. Good luck my friend, but... you'll be back
    09-14-13 12:17 AM
    Of course he is reluctant! He has a strong affinity to the brand and clearly outlined his long time relationship with the various BlackBerry products over the years. So he wants to get the feeling of guilt and remorse off his shoulders before he moves on. And I don't blame him. It's hard to leave a product as great as BlackBerry used to be. But it's time has come and gone.

sent from HTC One
    Just sayin' *shrugs* - go with a phone that fits your needs. *shrugs* If you really loved it, maybe a secondary phone (if one uses it) would be an answer.
    09-14-13 12:26 AM
    OP, first of all thanks for upgrading to BB10 and trying it out. It's too bad that the Q10 did not work for you. Hopefully you will be back to a BB device at some point in the future. Good luck with your new phone.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    xanadome likes this.
    09-14-13 12:26 AM
    I'm a long time Blackberry user, have owned 5 since the Pearl 8100. But it's time to jump off the sinking ship. I've had a Q10 for 4 months now, really trying to make it work. I know most of you will disagree with what I'm about to say but...

Main reasons I'm leaving: keyboard shortcuts, speed dial, trackpad, BIS, and hardware keys are no longer there.

By ignoring the hardware keyboard and hardware keys, there is NOTHING that makes the blackberry special anymore. It's just like every other phone, without the apps and widgets.

I would've been happy with a faster 9900 and still been touting how great blackberry is, but now they are a dead product.

I'm getting a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 after trying one out when a fellow passenger had one on a recent flight. With the Galaxy Note, it's has a big enough screen that the soft keyboard typing isn't an issue at all vs hardware.

The unique advantage blackberry had with their hardware key shortcuts is no more and so it's time to move on. Their reliable email delivery is gone with BIS being unavailable.

It's just not an efficient device anymore.

Whoever their product manager is made some very poor design decisions with bb10 from the start. Software you can change, hardware, that's a bold move to remove something people are used to.

Posted via CB10
    It was cool phone is not for you. Whats with the sinking ship comment for?
    09-14-13 12:27 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/

All drama aside, we have a thread specifically for these goodbye posts, kind of a rolling history.
    southlander and raino like this.
    09-14-13 12:33 AM
109 ... 345