09-14-13 12:33 AM
109 ... 2345
tools
    So you must be driving with a friend and you are bored sitting in the passenger seat. Go to sleep, and if you can't sleep, count backwards until you run out of sheep.

Posted via CB10
    Let me re-use an image.
    Attachment 201450
    You do realize that airplanes have inflight WiFi? Or maybe I'm just not getting the joke....

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Goodbye BlackBerry-crackberry-image-1-.jpg  
    09-13-13 08:54 PM
    I'm hoping someone at BlackBerry takes notice on why people are leaving. In my business, I want to know why customers stop using us so we can fix it. Not sure how else to reach them, I've tried other channels to no avail.

Also, maybe there is something that I'm not seeing or haven't tried yet that someone can point out to me.

Posted via CB10

Yeah, but you're not making sense. You are leaving the qwerty phone to use a full touch screen phone? You are complaining about keyboard shortcuts,meanwhile your next phone won't have them. I mean you started your sentence with "sinking ship" it's more than phone issues here

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:56 PM
    Funny, BB10 MADE ME a die hard fan. It's so smooth and slick and intuitive. As many have mentioned, the best keyboard around (and I have the Z10).

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:58 PM
    Yeah, but you're not making sense. You are leaving the qwerty phone to use a full touch screen phone? You are complaining about keyboard shortcuts,meanwhile your next phone won't have them. I mean you started your sentence with "sinking ship" it's more than phone issues here

Posted via CB10
    There is nothing special about the qwerty anymore, all the advantages of the shortcuts and speed dial are gone. In my eyes, there is no difference now. Especially since there are larger screen android phones where I don't mistype letters.

And it is a sinking ship to me, someone made poor decisions and bb10 is not an upgrade to bb7. I think this is reflected by the sales as well, with bb7 devices still outselling bb10.

Posted via CB10
    xanadome likes this.
    09-13-13 08:59 PM
    Let me re-use an image.
    Attachment 201450
    You do realize that airplanes have inflight WiFi? Or maybe I'm just not getting the joke....

Posted via CB10
    You're not getting the point. Go to sleep or have a double scotch to reduce your boredom. I'm also flying coast to coast and bored, but I am having a good cognac.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 09:01 PM
    I had faith that blackberry could deliver on a great product. I expected bb7 to be the baseline abd bb10 would improve on it. Unfortunately, for me, it didn't.

Posted via CB10
    So you thought the track pad would come in an update?

Posted via CB10
    mkelley65 likes this.
    09-13-13 09:02 PM
    From a 9900 to a Galaxy Note? Lol, yeah right... this is a fake guys!

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 09:05 PM
    Please prove me wrong. I love BlackBerry and want to stay, but there is no reason to for me. Someone mentioned the 10.2 leak and that seems like an option. Please break down why my reasoning is terrible, that's what I would like. Maybe there is something I overlooked.

Posted via CB10
    Main reasons I'm leaving: keyboard shortcuts, speed dial, trackpad, BIS, and hardware keys are no longer there.
    • You're leaving a QWERTY device for one that has no keyboard to even necessitate the use of keyboard shortcuts.
    • The speed dial issue is already fixed in later builds of BlackBerry 10, this has been mentioned several times already.
    • Again, you're leaving a device without a trackpad and going to a device without a trackpad, so it's a non-issue.
    • AGAIN, you're moving to a device without BIS. I hear your point about email but honestly, wth do you think the other services run on? It's the same email system. If you think Android and iOS don't have the same email issues at times, you're truly mistaken and only until you use those devices will you, seemingly, realize this.
    • I got nothing for hardware keys really because you didn't really elaborate on your use case but let me just say... my Note II has the same amount of buttons as my Q10 .. take from that what you will.

Ultimately, I don't give a damn what device you use and I'm certainly not going to care if you leave BlackBerry and never look back, I'm just saying the reasons you're coming up with are, IMO, a bit silly because you're going to run into them again on another platform, be it Android, iOS or Windows Phone 8.
    09-13-13 09:10 PM
    Im pretty sure once OP gets the note 2 he will do exactly the same thing he would do on a bb10. I had a galaxy s2, I loved that phone but I couldnt get used to the touch keyboard and it had a horrible battery (1650 mah).

When I got the Q10 I was like **** yeah, more battery and keyboard but on the other side I was like maaaaaan.... the apps.....

Then I started to remember what I used to do on the GS2.... I never used all of its features, I was/am not a guy who likes to customize a smartphone that much. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Whatsapp, Youtube. Those were and still are the apps I use.

Right now, I have a Q10, 30 days with it and I dont regret getting it.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 09:20 PM
    You're talking out of your ***!
    Actually, no..he or she is not.

I have a GS3, and starting last month, I cannot keep a Hotmail/Exchange account on my phone because Exchange Services just kills my battery. I'm talking 19% lost in two hours. This happened all of a sudden, and granted this doesn't happen to everyone, it happens to a lot of people that Google knows about this problem, they are doing/have done nothing to fix this. Oh...and in addition to the battery loss, I don't get any emails to my device on this account, and I think it's eating up a lot of data too.
    09-13-13 09:31 PM
    From a 9900 to a Galaxy Note? Lol, yeah right... this is a fake guys!

Posted via CB10
    For what it's worth, I actually went the other way, from the original Note to a 9900 in 2012.
    09-13-13 09:58 PM
    Nothing unique? I haven't seen another phone with a physical keyboard other than a BlackBerry in soo long. That's pretty unique, is it not?

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    09-13-13 10:01 PM
    Goodbye BlackBerry-41338253.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Undbiter65 likes this.
    09-13-13 10:17 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41338253.jpg 
Views:	451 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	201462

Posted via CB10
    God! Funny as hell! Lol

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    09-13-13 10:24 PM
    Guys...... seriously??? if he isn't satisfied with it. he has the right to complain right??? human rights guys!

sorry you didn't like it man I agree when I had my BB10 phone. it just didn't feel interesting and didn't integrate with my house that feel so I got a Lumia 925 it's more natural to me. But I'll keep a good eye on the Z30
    Human rights. LMAO. Whatever.

Troll fever. There are so many other posts like this he didn't really need to add HIS to it. Whatever. Trolls will be trolls.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 10:29 PM
    Main reasons I'm leaving: keyboard shortcuts, speed dial, trackpad, BIS, and hardware keys are no longer there.
    I am so with you on this. I love BB10 and I have a dozen off colour and poor taste analogies that come to mind w.r.t. what I think of switching from BB10 to Android or iOS or Windows Phone, and why I stick with BlackBerry despite the design flaws of the CURRENT BB10 HARDWARE lineup (which is to say that BB10 OS is superb, and the Z10 and the Q10 are fine if you don't WANT a trackpad and hard buttons, but if you DO want them but ALSO want BB10, well, then no current BB10 device can be perfect, can it?)

Trying to explain to people who don't want a trackpad or hard buttons why you DO want them is an exercise in futility, and the Galaxy Note III has tempted me, too, but then I remember it's Android and VIMM a bit and put it out of my mind.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    09-13-13 10:29 PM
    Can I haz your stuff?
    09-13-13 10:31 PM
    I did, bought it day 1 when it came out on tmobile. And returned it 5 days later.

I was a die hard blackberry fan until bb10.

Posted via CB10
    Don't lie. A diehard would embrace the changes. A diehard would go back to where they came from and enjoy it a longer. You people make me sick. First BlackBerry is outdated and now that they have BB10 it's not the same because of missing features. Whatever. >:/ BIS, trackpad, and the back button are the tech of 07. It's 2013 embrace the changes and move on.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 10:37 PM
    I'm a long time Blackberry user, have owned 5 since the Pearl 8100. But it's time to jump off the sinking ship. I've had a Q10 for 4 months now, really trying to make it work. I know most of you will disagree with what I'm about to say but...

By ignoring the hardware keyboard and hardware keys, there is NOTHING that makes the blackberry special anymore. It's just like every other phone, without the apps and widgets.

I would've been happy with a faster 9900 and still been touting how great blackberry is, but now they are a dead product.

I'm getting a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 after trying one out when a fellow passenger had one on a recent flight. With the Galaxy Note, it's has a big enough screen that the soft keyboard typing isn't an issue at all vs hardware.

The unique advantage blackberry had with their hardware key shortcuts is no more and so it's time to move on. Their reliable email delivery is gone with BIS being unavailable.

It's just not an efficient device anymore.

Whoever their product manager is made some very poor design decisions with bb10 from the start. Software you can change, hardware, that's a bold move to remove something people are used to.

Posted via CB10
    Well, it is your choice. When/if you return, try the Z10 or the Z30 when it becomes available.
    09-13-13 10:40 PM
    Alright OP. To each his own. Now link your CB account to Android Central and be sure to say hello to the people there. You might as well. If you leave Android. Big if. Don't go on about it to them. Just come back here and we'll welcome you back with open arms. Hehe.

I'm loving the Q10. Best stock keyboard in the industry is BlackBerry. Best physical keyboard? Hands down BlackBerry. Even if it's missing some keyboard shortcuts. Maybe waiting for Z30 would be a good idea. Or not. Up to you.

There are some shortcuts to get back to some form of parity with OS7. Personally I rarely use them even with my 9900. Go figure. I do use speed dial. The phone app is an app now. So it must be open for you to utilize the feature.
    http://m.crackberry.com/full-list-bl...-q10-shortcuts

Anyway. Enjoy whatever phone fits for you. Going on about the reasons you're leaving isn't going to make you friends here and if you really want devs to hear you, you will have to find better ways. It's your right to use what you like. Even Bla1ze isn't impressed with this post. Lol. Good luck.
    09-13-13 10:42 PM
    I am so glad the BIS is gone. It was a head ache changing SIM and registering all your accounts. People around me were enjoying full internet speeds while I was stuck with a slow connection.

Also, being able to use any pay as you go SIM when visiting a country is a huge plus. This was not possible before as mot many providers had BlackBerry BIS on pay as young SIM.

I enjoyed the old BIS BlackBerry a lot, but having used BlackBerry 10 since almost day one, I have never looked back!

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 10:44 PM
    He's right about the speed dial. That was a huge advantage and BlackBerry ditched it

Posted via CB10
    RyanGermann likes this.
    09-13-13 10:52 PM
    Whatever rocks your boat man.

Q10 with its powerful "search feature" tagged with instant actions. I don't see how that's not more efficient or productive than 9900 let alone the galaxy you're on.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 10:57 PM
    I think that the OP has been quite even-handed in his posts. I don't agree with some of his reasons (e.g.: that the larger virtual keyboard is not a big compromise compared to a physical keyboard) but it is enough for me to know that he tried the Note 2 and liked it. I hope his new phone works well for him.

I guess one of his main points is that if his favorite features are not available, then he might as well switch to another platform that may also not have those specific features, but would have a whole lot of everything else. I can't disagree with that.

For my part, I came back to BlackBerry from Android precisely because I missed the physical keyboard from my years of using the Curve, and that continues to be the main reason for staying with my loyal Q10 even though there has not been good news from Waterloo in a very long time. Given how reluctant anybody else is to make a decent physical keyboard and given how well BlackBerry integrates the keyboard into the experience of using the phone, I don't think I have any other choice at this time :-).

BBQ10
    Last edited by clickitykeys; 09-14-13 at 12:11 AM.
    RyanGermann and Ironkidz like this.
    09-13-13 11:10 PM
    I guess one of his main points is that if his favorite features are not available, then he might as well switch to another platform that may also not have those specific features, but would have a whole lot of everything else. I can't disagree with that.

For my part, I came back to BlackBerry from Android precisely because I missed the physical keyboard from my years of using the Curve, and that continues to be the main reason for staying with my loyal Q10 even though there has not been good news from Waterloo in a very long time. Given how reluctant anybody else is to make a decent physical keyboard and given how well BlackBerry integrates the keyboard into the experience of using the phone, I don't think I have any other choice at this time :-).
    Nice to see such a respectful response to and defense of the OP, which is apt because I think the OP was sincere and respectful, too.

As far as competitors making a physical keyboard as good as BlackBerry, I posted a Reuters "rumour" piece that hinted that some BlackBerry's prospective buyers were specifically interested in the keyboard patents. It makes sense to me that either Microsoft or Samsung would covet them (now that MS owns Nokia).

A WP8 device with a BB keyboard / and maybe even a built-in trackpad would very likely get a purchase from me, and might sway me over to using that device as my daily driver... but... I do like BB10's touchscreen UX... just miss also having the keyboard and trackpad / hard buttons.
    clickitykeys likes this.
    09-13-13 11:30 PM
109 ... 2345