Yeah the BIS was a double edge sword. People complained about browsing experience being slow and the outages.

You said unreliable email, how would the note be better since email would be delivered the same way?

Keyboard shortcut I will give to you but I switched to the z10 and an loving the virtual keyboard, now when I type on my wife's S4 I make so many miatakes.

Posted via CB10
    Quite ironic that you make a mistake in this post, must have been using your wife's phone hey
    09-13-13 08:23 PM
    Sorry man. You need the 10.2 software. I was in a similar boat as you but once I got 10.2 just about all my gripes have been addressed. The leaks are actually quite stable and only some android apps aren't working on it. The hub now works, toast notifications have proved to be useful and in general the whole BB10.2 experience has made me a believer again.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:24 PM
    Honestly man I have a Q for work and an S4 for everything else.... I love my Q for syncing all of my accounts so flawlessly. I.e. Calenders, contacts and E-mail (and all i have to do is enter my account info and the OS does the rest. On my S4 I have to literally download the outlook app for my outlook calenders and i have yet to figure out how to get my iCloud Calenders on it. ANd to note I get 6% battery life at the end of the day with the S4 and 66% battery on my Q10.

Personal preferrences are for everyone tho... So are opinions My opinion? Don't get a note 2 or a Q10. Get an S4 and yes it does support multi windows. Or wait out for a Note 3.
    And just to give you a heads up on my personal preference: Q10<S4. Why? Because of support. Google/Samsung are not in the talks of selling their company. That makes me uneasy. I loved blackberry for years but they will be the next Major GoPhone company in the world if they dont make something happen right quick.
    09-13-13 08:24 PM
    I just started using the Z10.. came from an S4.. last BB I had was the torch.. but I had to stop using it because no spotify at the time.. there are some apps that I MUST find a way to get working (android slide loads) if I want to keep the device. Other than that.. I ******* love this phone.
    09-13-13 08:25 PM
    So happy the trackpad is gone. Don't miss it ever.
    09-13-13 08:27 PM
    i think its better to write a HELLO in your NEW owner forum, then a GOODBYE here..
    in reality, what do you want to hear?? the options are endless, you should have a device you like, and are comfortable with.

with that said, Bye Bye!
    09-13-13 08:27 PM
    Just go and enjoy your new phone. I don't understand these threads ...what's the point? It doesn't sound like you are asking for help or looking for someone to talk you out of it.

It never occurred to me to post the reasons I stopped using my iPhone on the imore forums (or my 9650 on here for that matter). When it's time to move on, spend your time researching the next phone or learning how to use it.

Move on, stop complaining.

Posted via CB10
    Why? Because I think the OP would rather stay with BlackBerry but just cant get past the disappointment. And is probably hoping (as many do) that BB developers are reading these types of threads and are trying to develop OS and hardware that will combine the best of OS 7 AND OS 10 to make an untouchable device (IMHO) by any other phone maker.

I miss all the things the OP posted in addition to some other features I hope will return. However, I do love enough about my Q10 and the .1323 leak with Unlocked runtime that I am able to hang in there to see what is to come. I want/need BlackBerry to make it and will keep supporting as long as they keep producing a physical keyboard device.

Why does the OP keep coming back to this thread? Because people keep posting.

I see both sides: We are tired of seeing negative posts - however without these types of well written, constructive reasoning posts, the powers at be would not be aware of how their customers feel.
    Pdinos3 and xanadome like this.
    09-13-13 08:31 PM
    I'm a long time Blackberry user, have owned 5 since the Pearl 8100. But it's time to jump off the sinking ship. I've had a Q10 for 4 months now, really trying to make it work. I know most of you will disagree with what I'm about to say but...

Main reasons I'm leaving: keyboard shortcuts, speed dial, trackpad, BIS, and hardware keys are no longer there.

By ignoring the hardware keyboard and hardware keys, there is NOTHING that makes the blackberry special anymore. It's just like every other phone, without the apps and widgets.

I would've been happy with a faster 9900 and still been touting how great blackberry is, but now they are a dead product.

I'm getting a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 after trying one out when a fellow passenger had one on a recent flight. With the Galaxy Note, it's has a big enough screen that the soft keyboard typing isn't an issue at all vs hardware.

The unique advantage blackberry had with their hardware key shortcuts is no more and so it's time to move on. Their reliable email delivery is gone with BIS being unavailable.

It's just not an efficient device anymore.

Whoever their product manager is made some very poor design decisions with bb10 from the start. Software you can change, hardware, that's a bold move to remove something people are used to.

Posted via CB10
    Lolll it's still a virtual keyboard no matter how big the screen buddy trust me. I love my HTC but still doesn't compare to my Q10 for typing

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    moody likes this.
    09-13-13 08:32 PM
    why do you need to write a story to let the whole world know that you're leaving? i'm just curious...
    I'm hoping someone at BlackBerry takes notice on why people are leaving. In my business, I want to know why customers stop using us so we can fix it. Not sure how else to reach them, I've tried other channels to no avail.

Also, maybe there is something that I'm not seeing or haven't tried yet that someone can point out to me.

Posted via CB10
    moody and xanadome like this.
    09-13-13 08:33 PM
    I'm a long time Blackberry user, have owned 5 since the Pearl 8100. But it's time to jump off the sinking ship. I've had a Q10 for 4 months now, really trying to make it work. I know most of you will disagree with what I'm about to say but...

Main reasons I'm leaving: keyboard shortcuts, speed dial, trackpad, BIS, and hardware keys are no longer there.

By ignoring the hardware keyboard and hardware keys, there is NOTHING that makes the blackberry special anymore. It's just like every other phone, without the apps and widgets.

I would've been happy with a faster 9900 and still been touting how great blackberry is, but now they are a dead product.

I'm getting a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 after trying one out when a fellow passenger had one on a recent flight. With the Galaxy Note, it's has a big enough screen that the soft keyboard typing isn't an issue at all vs hardware.

The unique advantage blackberry had with their hardware key shortcuts is no more and so it's time to move on. Their reliable email delivery is gone with BIS being unavailable.

It's just not an efficient device anymore.

Whoever their product manager is made some very poor design decisions with bb10 from the start. Software you can change, hardware, that's a bold move to remove something people are used to.

Posted via CB10
    Bye see back soon, no better phone than BlackBerry out thee pal.

BlackBerry Z10, powerful tool indeed.
    09-13-13 08:34 PM
    Sorry man. You need the 10.2 software. I was in a similar boat as you but once I got 10.2 just about all my gripes have been addressed. The leaks are actually quite stable and only some android apps aren't working on it. The hub now works, toast notifications have proved to be useful and in general the whole BB10.2 experience has made me a believer again.

Posted via CB10
    This is great advice. I'll load up the next 10.2 leak that works for the Q10 and see what happens. Wifi calling being broken is a concern for the ones that have come out so far. Waiting for that to be addressed.

Did they bring back speed dial?

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:36 PM
    Email is unreliable if I stay on blackberry or not. So nothing to keep me on the platform, I guess that was kind of my point.

I'm ok with just email via BIS and everything else via normal data. BIS + email was critical and worked great, web browsing didn't need to run through BIS.

I had concerns about the software keyboard, but the Note 2 has a big enough screen that I had very few typos after only 30 minutes of using it.

Posted via CB10
    What do you need from BIS? If you are getting a note 2 then I assume you are not concerned about data use. And the lack of true way sync on BIS certainly ain't great. About the only pros are the ability to delete only on the handheld. And performance in extreme low bandwidth situations. One of those or both is what you need??

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1443
    I'm wondering about this because they both use EAS and https...I don't use BES so maybe I lose out on that part?

If they both use the same technology for mail transport and web browsing, how is it more secure? Honest question.

Posted via CB10
    Dude, if you want I will send you a cheque for the amount you paid for your BlackBerry 10 phone. You can then use it to buy the note 2. Bye already.

Posted via CB10
    What do you need from BIS? If you are getting a note 2 then I assume you are not concerned about data use. And the lack of true way sync on BIS certainly ain't great. About the only pros are the ability to delete only on the handheld. And performance in extreme low bandwidth situations. One of those or both is what you need??

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1443
    Low bandwidth and unlimited email for international travel. I do quite a bit of it...typing this from a plane right now.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:38 PM
    Actually been a while since we've had a good ol' fashion I'm leaving thread.....was starting to worry

CB10'n it.....via my Z
    djdragon and mkelley65 like this.
    09-13-13 08:39 PM
    Enjoy your flight. Please stay there. I rather doubt you travel very much.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:42 PM
    ancient...............
    Dude, if you want I will send you a cheque for the amount you paid for your BlackBerry 10 phone. You can then use it to buy the note 2. Bye already.

Posted via CB10
    I'll take you up on that offer. It's in great condition. T-mobile US version. I paid $580 for it. Can only get about $400 on ebay right now for a used one.

Posted via CB10
    Goodbye BlackBerry-youre-serious.jpg

I'm sorry OP but you're reasoning just makes NO sense for the majority of the stuff you highlighted. I'm not even going to begin to break it down. Enjoy whatever device it is you decide upon, as long as you enjoy it and it works for you, then that's all that matters.
    djdragon and BergerKing like this.
    09-13-13 08:43 PM
    You must be on a flight that is stuck on the runway, as you have been rambling for quite awhile now.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:44 PM

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1443
    Also, my emails "hang" with bb10. Very often they will be stuck in the "sending state" and I have to restart the phone to get them unstuck. Posted a thread about this and just got a bunch of replies of others having the same problem. No one had a solution.

With BIS, it just worked. Sent the BlackBerry NOC and it handled the rest.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:44 PM
    You must be on a flight that is stuck on the runway, as you have been rambling for quite awhile now.

Posted via CB10
    Going from one coast to the other does take a while...

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:45 PM
    09-13-13 08:46 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	youre-serious.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	125.2 KB 
ID:	201448

I'm sorry OP but you're reasoning just makes NO sense. I'm not even going to begin to break it down. Enjoy whatever device it is you decide upon, as long as you enjoy it and it works for you, then that's all that matters.
    Please prove me wrong. I love BlackBerry and want to stay, but there is no reason to for me. Someone mentioned the 10.2 leak and that seems like an option. Please break down why my reasoning is terrible, that's what I would like. Maybe there is something I overlooked.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:47 PM
    Going from one coast to the other does take a while...

Posted via CB10
    So you must be driving with a friend and you are bored sitting in the passenger seat. Go to sleep, and if you can't sleep, count backwards until you run out of sheep.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:50 PM
109 12345