Well that's not what you were complaining about in the original post.... uniqueness was not one them lol

Posted via CB10
    You're still here? Please go away.

Bye.

Ciao.

Kapooof.

Posted via CB10
    They do have the Z30 coming which is 5 inches. I don't think a S pen is needed, it's not as big as a bus yet.

Posted via CB10
    Guys...... seriously??? if he isn't satisfied with it. he has the right to complain right??? human rights guys!

sorry you didn't like it man I agree when I had my BB10 phone. it just didn't feel interesting and didn't integrate with my house that feel so I got a Lumia 925 it's more natural to me. But I'll keep a good eye on the Z30
    09-13-13 07:06 PM
    They do have the Z30 coming which is 5 inches. I don't think a S pen is needed, it's not as big as a bus yet.

Posted via CB10
    This is true...larger screen may help. Something I hadn't considered. We'll, hopefully by the time I'm back in the US I'll be able to compare the z30 and Note side by side.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 07:07 PM
    What was I missing?

I think I've learned every nook and cranny of this phone. Even going so far as programming my own nfc tags to try and make things more efficient and usable.

Posted via CB10
    How clever. So impressed I am...
    09-13-13 07:08 PM
    So let me get this straight, you bought the phone knowing it didn't have all those things that are the reasons you are now leaving? did you do any research? Like looking at the phone before paying for it would have been a good start (to see no track pad).

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 07:11 PM
    This is true...larger screen may help. Something I hadn't considered. We'll, hopefully by the time I'm back in the US I'll be able to compare the z30 and Note side by side.

Posted via CB10
    Why not get the Nexus 10. It's even bigger and easier to type on.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 07:11 PM
    That's the thing, it's not that I don't like it. It's that there is nothing special about it. Whatever uniqueness it had is gone. So why stick with a platform that has nothing unique AND less apps/widgets.

I'm going to a phone that offers something unique, extra that helps me be more productive. Note 2 has the s-pen and the split screen apps.

I just hope someone in BlackBerry product management reads this. I may come back, but not with the phones as they are now.

Posted via CB10
    Hi, with all do respect, I have a split screen app for my Z10, and the keyboard?! well it simply heavenly awesome! Glad you enjoy your new phone, but I can assure the Z10 would have most likely blown you away with the happiness that comes from having a great phone, that just keeps on getting better.
    09-13-13 07:18 PM
    I'm sticking with my commodore vic20. Until blackberry comes up with something better. I'm just more comfortable playing games off a tape deck. Just my two cents. Freedom of speech right?

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 07:20 PM
    That's the thing, it's not that I don't like it. It's that there is nothing special about it. Whatever uniqueness it had is gone. So why stick with a platform that has nothing unique AND less apps/widgets.

I'm going to a phone that offers something unique, extra that helps me be more productive. Note 2 has the s-pen and the split screen apps.

I just hope someone in BlackBerry product management reads this. I may come back, but not with the phones as they are now.

Posted via CB10

Why does a phone need to be unique and so different than everything else? It's supposed to help you communicate and get stuff done. You seem to want bells and whistles so you can say your phone does x and yours doesn't. That's not necessarily the mark of a great device. The s pen you will never use after the first month. And split screen apps? You'll never use that option past the first 3 days. Blackberry has some pretty solid multitasking. Split screen is just gimmicky and not any more efficient. I've left Blackberry several times and I keep coming back to it. (As long as there's something to come back to!)
    09-13-13 07:34 PM
    Just go and enjoy your new phone. I don't understand these threads ...what's the point? It doesn't sound like you are asking for help or looking for someone to talk you out of it.

It never occurred to me to post the reasons I stopped using my iPhone on the imore forums (or my 9650 on here for that matter). When it's time to move on, spend your time researching the next phone or learning how to use it.

Move on, stop complaining.

Posted via CB10
    northernrds likes this.
    09-13-13 07:35 PM
    I'm a long time Blackberry user, have owned 5 since the Pearl 8100. But it's time to jump off the sinking ship. I've had a Q10 for 4 months now, really trying to make it work. I know most of you will disagree with what I'm about to say but...

Main reasons I'm leaving: keyboard shortcuts, speed dial, trackpad, BIS, and hardware keys are no longer there.

By ignoring the hardware keyboard and hardware keys, there is NOTHING that makes the blackberry special anymore. It's just like every other phone, without the apps and widgets.

I would've been happy with a faster 9900 and still been touting how great blackberry is, but now they are a dead product.

I'm getting a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 after trying one out when a fellow passenger had one on a recent flight. With the Galaxy Note, it's has a big enough screen that the soft keyboard typing isn't an issue at all vs hardware.

The unique advantage blackberry had with their hardware key shortcuts is no more and so it's time to move on. Their reliable email delivery is gone with BIS being unavailable.

It's just not an efficient device anymore.

Whoever their product manager is made some very poor design decisions with bb10 from the start. Software you can change, hardware, that's a bold move to remove something people are used to.

Posted via CB10
    You're not the only one, here in NYC people are leaving too and getting the SGS4 or iPhone. Im embarrassed how most of the CB addicts think. SGS4 or iPhone cant do what BB10 can but guess what: neither the BB10 cant do some of the feuatures they offer.
    What we are missing is how people uses social network and we just cant because dont have a native smooth app to enjoy with them and share stuff, this is why people are leaving BB and BB10.

"want fun get an iPhone or Android"...as they might say tell me here haha. BlackBerry isnt fun when it should be. Everything is not about Email and Business and thats why you get stressed out without no fun in your hands/life.
    beta9x and AlexXF like this.
    09-13-13 07:53 PM
    I came from a Note 2 and almost 6 months on the Q10. Good luck with the Note surf board.
    09-13-13 08:04 PM
    So let me get this straight, you bought the phone knowing it didn't have all those things that are the reasons you are now leaving? did you do any research? Like looking at the phone before paying for it would have been a good start (to see no track pad).

Posted via CB10
    I had faith that blackberry could deliver on a great product. I expected bb7 to be the baseline abd bb10 would improve on it. Unfortunately, for me, it didn't.

Posted via CB10
    xanadome likes this.
    09-13-13 08:05 PM
    Android is not as secure as Blackberry. Blackberry is still NSA proof.
    09-13-13 08:05 PM
    Why not get the Nexus 10. It's even bigger and easier to type on.

Posted via CB10
    Still needs to fit in the pocket.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:06 PM
    Bye and yes be prepared for not so 'reliable' email delivery on note.

Posted via CB10 on Z10 STL100-1 running 10.2.0.1521
    09-13-13 08:06 PM
    Android is not as secure as Blackberry. Blackberry is still NSA proof.
    I'm wondering about this because they both use EAS and https...I don't use BES so maybe I lose out on that part?

If they both use the same technology for mail transport and web browsing, how is it more secure? Honest question.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:07 PM
    Hi, with all do respect, I have a split screen app for my Z10, and the keyboard?! well it simply heavenly awesome! Glad you enjoy your new phone, but I can assure the Z10 would have most likely blown you away with the happiness that comes from having a great phone, that just keeps on getting better.
    Z10 can do split screen? I did not know this. So I can have Documents to go open on one half and a web page or video open on the other half? That's really cool, maybe I have to reconsider.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:09 PM
    Why does a phone need to be unique and so different than everything else? It's supposed to help you communicate and get stuff done. You seem to want bells and whistles so you can say your phone does x and yours doesn't. That's not necessarily the mark of a great device. The s pen you will never use after the first month. And split screen apps? You'll never use that option past the first 3 days. Blackberry has some pretty solid multitasking. Split screen is just gimmicky and not any more efficient. I've left Blackberry several times and I keep coming back to it. (As long as there's something to come back to!)
    All my ability to get stuff done went away with the hardware keys. Now I'm just as proficient on the BlackBerry as I am on Android...or at least this is what I suspect.

The split screen feature would be huge for me and the type of work I do.

As for multitasking, I still have yet to see that work in bb10. If I'm watching a video, it stops playing as soon as I go back to the activeframes. I would expect it to keep playing like on the playbook.

Just one example, but bb10 multi-tasking has the same "in and out" design paradigm and iOS and Android. I don't see its advantage.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:13 PM
    Just go and enjoy your new phone. I don't understand these threads ...what's the point? It doesn't sound like you are asking for help or looking for someone to talk you out of it.

It never occurred to me to post the reasons I stopped using my iPhone on the imore forums (or my 9650 on here for that matter). When it's time to move on, spend your time researching the next phone or learning how to use it.

Move on, stop complaining.

Posted via CB10
    To help others that might be on the fence make a decision. Plus, a lot of the replies I'm getting are helpful.

And I could be wrong about some things, like the z10 being able to do split screen like that one poster said. I had no clue it could do that.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:15 PM
    I'm a long time Blackberry user, have owned 5 since the Pearl 8100. But it's time to jump off the sinking ship. I've had a Q10 for 4 months now, really trying to make it work. I know most of you will disagree with what I'm about to say but...

Main reasons I'm leaving: keyboard shortcuts, speed dial, trackpad, BIS, and hardware keys are no longer there.

By ignoring the hardware keyboard and hardware keys, there is NOTHING that makes the blackberry special anymore. It's just like every other phone, without the apps and widgets.

I would've been happy with a faster 9900 and still been touting how great blackberry is, but now they are a dead product.

I'm getting a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 after trying one out when a fellow passenger had one on a recent flight. With the Galaxy Note, it's has a big enough screen that the soft keyboard typing isn't an issue at all vs hardware.

The unique advantage blackberry had with their hardware key shortcuts is no more and so it's time to move on. Their reliable email delivery is gone with BIS being unavailable.

It's just not an efficient device anymore.

Whoever their product manager is made some very poor design decisions with bb10 from the start. Software you can change, hardware, that's a bold move to remove something people are used to.

Posted via CB10
    By all means choose the phone that works best for you and use it in good health.

I find it odd, though, that you list keyboard as one of the things you miss from the old devices yet you're going with a Samsung which hasn't got a keyboard. It strikes me odd.
    dalight13 likes this.
    09-13-13 08:16 PM
    I came from a Note 2 and almost 6 months on the Q10. Good luck with the Note surf board.
    What is the reason you switched? What were the shortcomings vs Q10?

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:17 PM
    I thought the OP was leaving? Why does he keep posting?

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    09-13-13 08:17 PM
    Honestly man I have a Q for work and an S4 for everything else.... I love my Q for syncing all of my accounts so flawlessly. I.e. Calenders, contacts and E-mail (and all i have to do is enter my account info and the OS does the rest. On my S4 I have to literally download the outlook app for my outlook calenders and i have yet to figure out how to get my iCloud Calenders on it. ANd to note I get 6% battery life at the end of the day with the S4 and 66% battery on my Q10.

Personal preferrences are for everyone tho... So are opinions My opinion? Don't get a note 2 or a Q10. Get an S4 and yes it does support multi windows. Or wait out for a Note 3.
    09-13-13 08:19 PM
    why do you need to write a story to let the whole world know that you're leaving? i'm just curious...
    09-13-13 08:19 PM
    By all means choose the phone that works best for you and use it in good health.

I find it odd, though, that you list keyboard as one of the things you miss from the old devices yet you're going with a Samsung which hasn't got a keyboard. It strikes me odd.
    It's not so much the keyboard, it's the shortcuts from the keyboard. Speed dial, quick launch apps, that kind of stuff. I do struggle with the iPhone and sgs4 keyboard, but the note is big enough that I don't miss my keystrokes. That was always my problem with soft keyboards.

After trying the Note keyboard out, it wasn't nearly as difficult as the iphone or sgs4.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:20 PM
109 1234 ...