I'd love to know if you regularly use and like a certain Android browser on your BB10 device. The BB10 browser mostly still works, but as we all know not well for many sites now. I love the Opera browser on my Sailfish phone. But I've tried several versions/flavors on BB10 and I get a lot of freezes. Firefox is more stable, but slow, and I dislike the interface (too many steps to navigate). I'd like to know what's working for you.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-18 04:48 PM
    Opera mini

Posted via CB10
    MuhHsn likes this.
    01-24-18 05:40 PM
    Try Brave or Naked Browser.
    Astrobiologist likes this.
    01-24-18 06:04 PM
    Opera mini

Posted via CB10
    As I said I have tried many versions of Opera. Which version are you using?

Posted via CB10
    01-24-18 06:29 PM
    As I said I have tried many versions of Opera. Which version are you using?

Posted via CB10
    Opera Mini. Latest version.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/opera-...-apk-download/
    01-24-18 06:32 PM
    Have you tried alternative native browsers like QBrowser and Browsie. Changing the user agent in the browser settings to Android also helps sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-18 06:33 PM
    You can download Opera directly from Opera's website. I would never download an app from a potentially sketchy site when I can get it straight from the horse's mouth. But thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Astrobiologist likes this.
    01-24-18 06:56 PM
    You can download Opera directly from Opera's website. I would never download an app from a potentially sketchy site when I can get it straight from the horse's mouth. But thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Apkmirror is not sketchy. It's the only one I trust outside of Google Play Store.

There are two apps: Opera and Opera Mini.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-24-18 07:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    Downloading the Android mini app from Opera's website I receive 'Unable to Install item' after the processing of the APK.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-18 07:19 PM
    Downloading the Android mini app from Opera's website I receive 'Unable to Install item' after the processing of the APK.

Posted via CB10
    That's because it's the wrong one.

You need the one from my link.

The website hosts the Lollipop version for arm64. I linked to the jellybean arm version.
    01-24-18 07:41 PM
    That's because it's the wrong one.

You need the one from my link.

The website hosts the Lollipop version for arm64. I linked to the jellybean arm version.
    That's the appropriate reply to the earlier post then! Thanks for the info.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-18 07:46 PM
    Apkmirror is not sketchy. It's the only one I trust outside of Google Play Store.

There are two apps: Opera and Opera Mini.
    Just because you decided to trust the site doesn't equal evidence that it is safe.

And I am aware of the many versions of Opera.

Posted via CB10
    FTD57 likes this.
    01-24-18 09:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Having installed and deleted several times, I've found that sometimes a reboot is required to install over the older version.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-18 09:12 PM
    Just because you decided to trust the site doesn't equal evidence that it is safe.

Posted via CB10
    "Security: What measures do you take to make sure all uploaded APKs are real and created by the respective developers?

All APKMirror.com uploads are verified prior to publishing.

We make sure that the cryptographic signatures for new versions of all previously published apps match the original ones, which means we know if uploaded APKs were signed by the real devs or someone pretending to be them.
    Note: APKMirror.com has been protected from the Janus vulnerability in Android from day one.

a. For new apps that have never been uploaded to APKMirror.com, we try to match the signatures to other existing apps by the same developer. If there’s a match, it means that the same key was used to sign a previously known legitimate app, therefore validating the new upload.
    b. If we see no matches, we try to obtain and compare to a version of the same app from the Play Store or another verified location. If it’s a beta, we will try to get into it. If we can’t, we will attempt to contact the developer.
    c. If we’re unable to verify the legitimacy of a new APK, we will simply not publish it."

https://safeweb.norton.com/reviews?url=apkmirror.com

https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/apkmirror.com

http://www.ubergizmo.com/how-to/inst...le-play-store/
    "Note: APKMirror.com is the most trusted source for downloading original / unmodified APK files. The website is owned and managed by AndroidPolice.com. They verify the MD5 hash value (The cryptographic signature) which guarantees that the file is safe to install and was not tampered with in any way."
    01-24-18 09:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just because you decided NOT to trust the site doesn't equal evidence that it is NOT safe. 😜

Conite's earned our trust here. Sorry that you don't feel the same way.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-25-18 01:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    You're sketchy! Who are you to be a trusted source? Apkmirror has more security credentials than you have.
    01-25-18 04:57 AM
    I'd love to know if you regularly use and like a certain Android browser on your BB10 device. The BB10 browser mostly still works, but as we all know not well for many sites now. I love the Opera browser on my Sailfish phone. But I've tried several versions/flavors on BB10 and I get a lot of freezes. Firefox is more stable, but slow, and I dislike the interface (too many steps to navigate). I'd like to know what's working for you.

Posted via CB10
    Give Keyboard Browser a go. I love it

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ange.bbbrowser
    01-25-18 05:24 AM
    You're sketchy! Who are you to be a trusted source? Apkmirror has more security credentials than you have.
    I never asked anyone to trust me, and haven't offered any advice. Trusting the creator of software over an unrelated site's unauthorized distribution of said software is just plain obvious.

Posted via CB10
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    01-25-18 07:29 AM
    I use bing open the page then set to screen. The B will be set and works fine.
    01-25-18 10:58 AM
    I also trust APKMirror so that makes two of us. And conite and I are trusted Mobile Nation members so you can trust us because MN doesn't hand out that label to just everyone with more than one post.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    01-25-18 11:21 AM
    Give Keyboard Browser a go. I love it

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ange.bbbrowser
    Not compatible with the Android runtime of BB10.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    01-25-18 11:23 AM
    I use bing open the page then set to screen. The B will be set and works fine.
    Yea that seemed pretty sturdy, from Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-18 04:45 PM
    Yes it does, I did not use Amazon but a direct load. It does seem to be rock solid.
    01-25-18 04:48 PM
    Eh buddy, do you have 2 opera mini's listed when you try to "open in"?
    I do, and only one works.

Disclaimer: I have done absolutely nothing to try to fix it, haven't even tried to reinstall 😂.
    01-25-18 05:44 PM
    Eh buddy, do you have 2 opera mini's listed when you try to "open in"?
    I do, and only one works.

Disclaimer: I have done absolutely nothing to try to fix it, haven't even tried to reinstall .
    There are two variants of the same version - one for Jellybean and one for Lollipop.

Although my link goes straight to the correct one.
    01-25-18 05:46 PM
45 12