I feel like the hulk trying to hold back rage right now. All I want to do is put 2987 pictures on my phone.

-Put them on SD, phone can't seem to read them and fails all the time.
    -BB Link is USELESS
    -I can't seem to connect the device using mass storage mode like the old BB OS devices could, (only SD card uses Mass Storage, but read first point)
    -Tried using USB OTG, can't seem to handle it and File Manager Freezes,
    -Downloaded at least 25 android and native file managers, all freeze up or crash. (yay android)
    -Tried uninstalling link, but you can't access the device unless you install it and do some stupid over wifi share crap (who ever though that was a good idea was stupid)

I just want to be able to plug my phone into the PC via USB, have it say the usual crap about a device being connected, look in my computer for the drive, drag files to phone, unplug and go. BUT NOOOOOOO. BlackBerry was like, "lok at little old apple and itunes, that's a good idea right, yeah, lets do that same BS and force users to install link, which we purposely made crap, ah hell, why not just make the whole Link experiences crap, thatll get customers right?"

I've tried this too many times in the past.

What is wrong with the way BBOS handles connecting and file managment?

Was it unsecure?
    too easy for users?
    too fast?

I don't know...'

Fix Link you stupid F-*****

this rant is over.
    10-15-14 05:28 PM
    Hulk smash :@

Check out my new channel, Game logic : C0033A1A3
    10-15-14 05:30 PM
    10-15-14 05:31 PM
    Don't need Link for file transfer. At all. If I can attach my Z10 to a PC via USB and/or local network, anybody can. There's something else at work to stop your transfer(s).

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 05:32 PM
    -Device Connected To Computer, Intitializing whatever-

Drives comes up as BlackBerry Pin:g3g3nd7 [Flash] [:f] -Network Drive-

but that's ONLY when link is installed and that connection isnt stable at all and always fails or crashes.
    10-15-14 05:36 PM
    -Device Connected To Computer, Intitializing whatever-

Drives comes up as BlackBerry Pin:g3g3nd7 [Flash] [:f] -Network Drive-

but that's ONLY when link is installed and that connection isnt stable at all and always fails or crashes.
    Try a different port or cable, might be a substandard card too.
    10-15-14 05:50 PM
    I have a feeling this will wind up being a PICNIC scenario.
    10-15-14 05:50 PM
    Class 10 SD, 32 GB

is BB10 not capable of handling over 2.5k picture on either the SD or internal memory?
    10-15-14 05:53 PM
    dont you have any other device that reads MicroSD to see if the card is working? If the Phone read the card, it should show up as a removable drive when you the phone to the PC (and have Link Open)
    10-15-14 05:58 PM
    Turn on USB mass storage in settings >storage and then transfer files where you want them. It is possible that the files are big and the card might be getting full or you might be transferring files to the device. I have large music files downloaded from iTunes and not a problem at all. Have also transferred large pics from my Olympus to this one and no issues seen.

Gonna Snap - BB Link, SD Troubles, Files... ECT.-img_20141016_042749.png
    Gonna Snap - BB Link, SD Troubles, Files... ECT.-img_20141016_042755.png

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 06:04 PM
    the card works everywhere, even on the phone, it just doesnt work when there's a ton of pictures. 10k songs, easy, 30 gigs of video, easy, 2900 pictures, GG.

It's also link, I just gent get the device into mass storage mode using link. Only the SD can, the phone itself can ONLY be accessed using network drive mode.
    I regularly use RFA to transfer large numbers of files from laptop to device and vice versa on my home wifi network and my device can read them all fine whatever format they may be.

You ever accidentally drop a .nomedia file in the containing folder?

Via CB10 from Scotland on my awesome PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    Turn on USB mass storage in settings >storage and then transfer files where you want them. It is possible that the files are big and the card might be getting full or you might be transferring files to the device. I have large music files downloaded from iTunes and not a problem at all. Have also transferred large pics from my Olympus to this one and no issues seen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141016_042749.png 
Views:	173 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	306333
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141016_042755.png 
Views:	173 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	306334

Posted via CB10

Try this with the SD card out, there's no way to access the device's memory without link installed, or an SD in there.
    10-15-14 06:05 PM
    Sorry about your frustration. perhaps the following will help:

- Connect SD Card to computer
    - On the Computer (not the phone) erase partitions and create new partition. Format SD Card on the computer
    - Insert SD card into phone and browse it to make sure folders have been created (Pictures in this case)
    - (Remove and copy on computer) or
    - On phone go to storage settings and set USB Mass Storage.
    - Connect phone to computer and copy

My guess is that you are trying to read the pictures in the root folder or that the SD card is not properly initialized.
    10-15-14 06:08 PM
    You're right that the internal flash can't be accessed as USB Mass storage. It's probably to prevent modifications to the live file system.
    10-15-14 06:10 PM
    SD Card was formatted, like normal (because I am an oginization W****, I put the folders from Desktop, Info, Pictured File, (files here) to my SD card, SD, Photos, (here).

Took the SD out, put the SD in phone, opened pictures app, waited, waited, waited, nothing.
    Tried opening pictures in File manager, worked fine. Tried transfering pictures from SD to Internal and BAM, file manager closes.

Got pissed at that, tried USB OTG, file manager crashed during transfers.

Tried simply plugging the phone into the computer like a BBOS device without the SD in the phone, Device connects using a network drive, but everytime I transfer anything, it's drops to 0 kbps at 98%.

So I tried just sticking the SD in the computer and formatting it and doing a lazy drag and drop to root. still have the scanning device problem.

I tried uninstalling Link and pluggin the phone in, but without link you cant.

I'd try blend, but it doesnt work for the Z30 on and leaked or released OS.
    10-15-14 06:13 PM
    Maybe it's the way I'm formatting, what format is best for BB10?
    10-15-14 06:20 PM
    Try this with the SD card out, there's no way to access the device's memory without link installed, or an SD in there.
    The device memory is secured area. It will be accessible only via link. Yes link is a bit of an old job and not fully featured like the BlackBerry desktop manager

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 06:24 PM
    Maybe it's the way I'm formatting, what format is best for BB10?
    Format your SD card on the phone, not your computer.

That said, I think your have 2 issues :
    - One with the transfer. Forget Wi-Fi, use the USB cable with BlackBerry Link. If you have too many files, zip them before transferring (The BlackBerry File Manager will be able to unzip later).
    - One with the previewing that runs in the background. After unzip your files with BlackBerry File Manager on your phone, wait for it to settle (Hope you haven't some Android File manager installed or it will take more time).

Good luck
    10-15-14 07:56 PM
    I did those above two things from the start

Right now I did a device wipe, SD format in device. then transfered all the pictures, to the sd card. and now it's been scanning for media for 3 hours.
    10-15-14 09:27 PM
    I'm wondering if you have a corrupted music file, which is causing the phone to choke when it tries to scan it. I know it's a big job, but are you able to copy the music over, 10 or 20 at a time? See if they work until a certain file is copied over.

The storage on the device isn't formatted in a way that windows (or Linux or mac) would understand, so USB Mass storage mode is pretty much out for the internal storage.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 09:41 PM
    I had similar problems a few weeks ago when I had bought a cheap new 64GB SD card. I popped it in and transferred files over to it, but it would either say "read only", the file transfer would stop in the middle and say it was disconnected, or it would transfer but my Z10 couldn't read anything on it. Not sure how similar this is to what you're experiencing but I noticed two things with my problems: #1 is that I believe there was a problem with the SD card I bought(it was cheap), and #2 the SD card came with an adapter that I could put right into my computer so I tried that to transfer stuff and I noticed there's a little switch on the SD card adapter that makes everything read only and the switch automatically turns into read-only mode when inserted into the computer. To fix this I put a tiny piece of tape over the switch/lock to stop it. Have since bought a new more expensive SD card and had no problems. Good luck buddy hope this helps. Also, I have an anti-virus and an IP blocker on my comp., and I need to temporarily disable them until my comp. detects I plugged in my Z10, just wondering if that could be the problem as well.
    10-15-14 10:58 PM
    My SD is a Source/Radio Shack brand SD Card.
    10-15-14 11:31 PM
    I don't have Link installed and have been doing fine so far. You can access files on internal memory and SD card over usb or wifi without any software installed, on any computer or device.
    On Windows you can use \\DEVICENAME or \\ipaddress in an explorer window, for e.g. \\BLACKBERRY-A1F4 or \\169.254.0.1
    On everything else you can use smb://DEVICENAME or smb://ipaddress

And yes you can also do backups, restores, install software and update firmware using Sachesi without Link or any other software installed.
    10-15-14 11:34 PM
    My SD is a Source/Radio Shack brand SD Card.
    Those cards are JUNK!
    10-15-14 11:47 PM