Guys don't you think that blackberry is going downhill. First the runtime problem now that they will stop WhatsApp,I Mean what is this?? This can not be accepted. Please people comment on what you think.
    For starters, you do know there is more to BBRY than just phones, right? However, lets stay on the matter of phones and especially BB10, how can something go downhill when it is already acknowledged that it is just about at the bottom of the hill in consumer preference and market share?
    02-29-16 09:20 AM
    Responses to this issue based on the stages of grief:
    1. Denial - I can't believe it! The Passport is awesome and selling well.
    2. Anger - This is all John Chen's fault for making the Priv and your fault for buying one.
    3. Bargaining - Can we get a new CEO? How about side-loading?
    4. Depression - I hate smartphones.
    5. Acceptance - Time to swtich
    Lol I didn't go through all stages of grief because I had never messed with BlackBerry until a couple years ago. I did really like the bb10 worked, how it is set up with things I DON'T have to have an app for And can still do. The way they are letting the os just die got me through anger and now acceptance. I've been looking at making a return to android even though I really hate to have to. I was glad to wait and see what priv is like on vzw but frankly I don't think it is going to happen. Even if it does, I'm thinking BlackBerry will let it die soon after I get it so what's the point. If I phones had SD card slots I'd probably venture over there for the first time.

Posted with my still awesome z30.
    02-29-16 09:34 AM
    Lol I didn't go through all stages of grief because I had never messed with BlackBerry until a couple years ago. I did really like the bb10 worked, how it is set up with things I DON'T have to have an app for And can still do. The way they are letting the os just die got me through anger and now acceptance. I've been looking at making a return to android even though I really hate to have to. I was glad to wait and see what priv is like on vzw but frankly I don't think it is going to happen. Even if it does, I'm thinking BlackBerry will let it die soon after I get it so what's the point. If I phones had SD card slots I'd probably venture over there for the first time.

Posted with my still awesome z30.
    I just got the Motorola Droid Turbo 2, picked it over the Galaxy S6 due to it's having a SD Card, and over the 16GB iPhone 6S

The way I see it, Android updates are pretty much going to be hit and miss no matter what phone you get... unless it's a Nexus phone. Verizon will probably issue the Marshmallow update in a month or so, and maybe a 6.5 update later on. But Android 7.0, I doubt my Turbo or the PRIV will see that.

Personally it's one reason I like Apple.... I'd have gone with the 6S if my company had allowed me to upgrade it to the 64GB version
    02-29-16 11:29 AM
    That's good for you.

However, I know we as a company use whatsapp daily for our region to communicate easily and quickly with each other. We aren't the only company - a good chunk of my friends companies also use it for the same purpose - because it's fast, efficient, and reliably multi platform.

We tried BBM. It lasted less than a week due to group limit to and it not reliably sending notifications.

You don't use it. Good for you. A lot of businesses do, and BB needed to look at why a LONG time ago.
    I'm sure you will find a solution that works for you. Necessity is the Mother of invention as they say.
    02-29-16 09:22 PM
    Pre- denial?
    Pre-Denial? of an app I have never used. Strange VERY strange.
    02-29-16 09:25 PM
    I'm sure you will find a solution that works for you. Necessity is the Mother of invention as they say.
    We did. We pulled BB from the management fleet and switched everyone to android. Whatsapp works perfectly and no more missed notifications.

Whatsapp is a hugely important app for a lot of people. If BB only made plans based on your needs and yours alone, then the fact that you don't use whatsapp would matter. A lot of people DO use it, so BB should try their best to adapt to the market.

They haven't.

This mess is all on BB and their inability to compete. A handful of people claiming they don't need apps can't save the company, regardless of how much you hope it will.
    02-29-16 10:11 PM
    We did. We pulled BB from the management fleet and switched everyone to android. Whatsapp works perfectly and no more missed notifications.

Whatsapp is a hugely important app for a lot of people. If BB only made plans based on your needs and yours alone, then the fact that you don't use whatsapp would matter. A lot of people DO use it, so BB should try their best to adapt to the market.

They haven't.

This mess is all on BB and their inability to compete. A handful of people claiming they don't need apps can't save the company, regardless of how much you hope it will.
    WOW you really got ride of BB FAST (must have lots of money) I guess your problem is solved?

My comments are MY comments and I am free to say I don't need it just as you are free to say you do.

I don't believe Blackberry is droping Whatsapp it's the other way around. Why not blame Whatsapp?

And again no matter phone I use I DON'T need many apps (again MY OWN OPINION) so for me Blackberry meets MY NEEDS.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    02-29-16 10:52 PM
    03-01-16 10:11 PM
    Now,i use Blackberry (OS10) as a Souvenir with basic function: Call,Email,web surface(sometimes).My Primary device's a android with strong feature for reading,web,mail,photo,sync data, connecting to other devices....both working and relaxing on its.
    Blackberry going downhill? Maybe or not,because it has other business beside hardware devices. But, Blackberry phone going to die!
    03-02-16 12:46 AM
    Pre-Denial? of an app I have never used. Strange VERY strange.
    We're talking about BB10 dying, whatsapp is fine.
    03-02-16 12:57 AM
    We're talking about BB10 dying, whatsapp is fine.
    Strange, still working for me, did yous break?
    03-02-16 09:11 PM
    Agreed!

I don't understand why people think think this. Whatsapp are also stopping their support for other devices too - not just BlackBerry.

From a business point of view, why would a company such as Whatsapp continue to support devices (such as BlackBerry) if to them they don't see it as viable, especially as they aren't a dominant player.

All the same people also whine about how blackberry is going downhill, it's the end, wah wah wah. So what!? Get over it - all the whining in the world isn't going to change this fact. Don't get me wrong, I prefer BlackBerry all over other phones and OS's, but it doesn't keep me up at night.

At the end of the day, my phone works, does what it needs to do, can still run most android apps (and for those it can't, I just use my iPad).

If you don't like that BlackBerry will no longer be making bb10 devices or that major app developers will stop supporting BlackBerry then just switch to android or iOS and stop complaining about it.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    My Thoughts Exactly.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 02:47 AM
    Now,i use Blackberry (OS10) as a Souvenir with basic function: Call,Email,web surface(sometimes).My Primary device's a android with strong feature for reading,web,mail,photo,sync data, connecting to other devices....both working and relaxing on its.
    Blackberry going downhill? Maybe or not,because it has other business beside hardware devices. But, Blackberry phone going to die!
    The "souvenir with basic function" use you speak of is the only things -besides BBM, working with text and reading docs- that I have a phone for lol

I feel like a dinosaur lol

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    04-27-16 10:35 AM
38 12