Guys don't you think that blackberry is going downhill. First the runtime problem now that they will stop WhatsApp,I Mean what is this?? This can not be accepted. Please people comment on what you think.

Posted via CB10
    Moroianu George likes this.
    02-27-16 11:56 AM
    Confused.com
    BlackBerry doesn't own or control WhatsApp..

Posted via CB10
    ams083, acovey and Jamie Wooten like this.
    02-27-16 11:58 AM
    Guys don't you think that blackberry is going downhill. First the runtime problem now that they will stop WhatsApp,I Mean what is this?? This can not be accepted. Please people comment on what you think.

Posted via CB10
    this thread will not last
    02-27-16 11:59 AM
    Blackberry going downhill?

I hadn't noticed.

I certainly haven't noticed any threads saying anything negative.

Posted via CB10
    ams083 and SK122387 like this.
    02-27-16 12:06 PM
    this thread will not last
    It's not the only thing that won't last.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    02-27-16 12:07 PM
    I am so frustrated from whatsapp decision and blackberry as company should do something to avoid losing whatsapp

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 01:46 PM
    Yeah BlackBerry doesn't control whatspp but BB10 is going down.....because BlackBerry is now going to focus on Android instead of BB10 OS

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 01:54 PM
    1) It's Whatsapp's decision, not BlackBerry's decision, to kill Whatsapp on Blackberry.
    2) If you think BlackBerry is only now going downhill, where were you for the past five years?
    02-27-16 02:06 PM
    1) It's Whatsapp's decision, not BlackBerry's decision, to kill Whatsapp on Blackberry.
    2) If you think BlackBerry is only now going downhill, where were you for the past five years?
    Agreed!

I don't understand why people think think this. Whatsapp are also stopping their support for other devices too - not just BlackBerry.

From a business point of view, why would a company such as Whatsapp continue to support devices (such as BlackBerry) if to them they don't see it as viable, especially as they aren't a dominant player.

All the same people also whine about how blackberry is going downhill, it's the end, wah wah wah. So what!? Get over it - all the whining in the world isn't going to change this fact. Don't get me wrong, I prefer BlackBerry all over other phones and OS's, but it doesn't keep me up at night.

At the end of the day, my phone works, does what it needs to do, can still run most android apps (and for those it can't, I just use my iPad).

If you don't like that BlackBerry will no longer be making bb10 devices or that major app developers will stop supporting BlackBerry then just switch to android or iOS and stop complaining about it.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    SeedMella and KemKev like this.
    02-27-16 06:39 PM
    Responses to this issue based on the stages of grief:
    1. Denial - I can't believe it! The Passport is awesome and selling well.
    2. Anger - This is all John Chen's fault for making the Priv and your fault for buying one.
    3. Bargaining - Can we get a new CEO? How about side-loading?
    4. Depression - I hate smartphones.
    5. Acceptance - Time to swtich
    02-27-16 08:40 PM
    Agreed!

I don't understand why people think think this. Whatsapp are also stopping their support for other devices too - not just BlackBerry.

From a business point of view, why would a company such as Whatsapp continue to support devices (such as BlackBerry) if to them they don't see it as viable, especially as they aren't a dominant player.

All the same people also whine about how blackberry is going downhill, it's the end, wah wah wah. So what!? Get over it - all the whining in the world isn't going to change this fact. Don't get me wrong, I prefer BlackBerry all over other phones and OS's, but it doesn't keep me up at night.

At the end of the day, my phone works, does what it needs to do, can still run most android apps (and for those it can't, I just use my iPad).

If you don't like that BlackBerry will no longer be making bb10 devices or that major app developers will stop supporting BlackBerry then just switch to android or iOS and stop complaining about it.

^^^^^Bingo!

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    02-27-16 09:10 PM
    2. Anger - This is all John Chen's fault for making the Priv and your fault for buying one.
    Fanboys usually get stuck on stage 3.

*C5303
    xtremeled and Velocitymj like this.
    02-27-16 09:55 PM
    Absolutely!

02-27-16 10:27 PM
    What the heck is Whatsapp and why would I need it?
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    02-27-16 10:33 PM
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WhatsApp

*ME173X
    02-27-16 10:40 PM
    Thanks, but have no use for it. Rarelly use SMS or BBM and if I need to sent a picture I use e-mail.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    02-27-16 10:46 PM
    You are missing "I will wait for the official news. I will just keep using my BlackBerry phones regardless".

At the end of the day, the existing BlackBerry 10 phones will work just fine.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and DrBoomBotz like this.
    02-28-16 12:11 AM
    Thanks, but have no use for it. Rarelly use SMS or BBM and if I need to sent a picture I use e-mail.
    That's good for you.

However, I know we as a company use whatsapp daily for our region to communicate easily and quickly with each other. We aren't the only company - a good chunk of my friends companies also use it for the same purpose - because it's fast, efficient, and reliably multi platform.

We tried BBM. It lasted less than a week due to group limit to and it not reliably sending notifications.

You don't use it. Good for you. A lot of businesses do, and BB needed to look at why a LONG time ago.
    02-28-16 12:31 AM
    Is it going to destroy your company by not using it? No. Find something else, change your fleet of phones, whatever. It's ending, get over it. It's not going to be the end of the world.

02-28-16 12:54 AM
    In addition to this, just run the android version. And if you don't want to load the android version on your device, then look for something else or switch devices if you want a 'native' experience.

02-28-16 12:57 AM
    I'm at no5 o2 charge to send photos in uk all family on WhatsApp onwards and upwards then

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 07:30 AM
    I'm at no5 o2 charge to send photos in uk all family on WhatsApp onwards and upwards then

Posted via CB10
    Is it still 40p a pop for picture messages?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 07:33 AM
    Pre- denial?
    IndianTiwari and reeneebob like this.
    02-28-16 02:35 PM
    WTF ? Since when they were going downhill?

I thought it was dominating the markets!

Posted via CB10
    IndianTiwari and GadgetTravel like this.
    02-28-16 02:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Take the Priv you will find Blackberry again .
    02-29-16 04:59 AM
38 12