I just got a Z30, and my husband has a Z10. Both of our phones were unable to add our gmail email accounts to the phone. Our calendar and contacts were able to sync, but we got errors when trying to add the email. It says the server smtp.gmail.com for your account is not responding. please check your settings and try again. However, if I turn off the wireless, the email works.
    Anyone have any suggestions, besides just keep your wireless off?
    04-04-14 07:31 PM
    This is actually quite common. I have four email accounts linked to my BlackBerry Z30 (Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, and Rogers), which I also had set up when I had my BlackBerry Torch 2. Occasionally I found that my Gmail or hotmail accounts became disconnected from either device. I have had to go back into "Account set up" on both devices, and re enter my password. Make sure you have the correct pass word for each email account you wish to add to your BlackBerry device.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 07:37 PM
    Also: You should not have to modify any of the other settings when adding your Gmail account, nor should you have to turn off the wi-fi for the email account to work. I would first try going into the account settings and re-enter your password. Also try re-booting the phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 07:39 PM
    Go into "System Settings," then "Accounts," and then "Gmail.". Tap on the mail icon, and try re entering your password.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 07:46 PM