I bought the Q10 a few days ago and just can't get around email. Tried installing some (paid) apps from the store but they are really clunky and don't work very well.

When it comes to the built-in email, there are several issues, namely:
    1. Aliases are not supported (I have 4). Even after this workaround I have to manually change the outgoing address for each reply
    2. Changes made on the phone aren't reflected on the web (could be a bug), includes marking as read and deleting an email
    3. Conversation view isn't really a conversation view - it shows you individual messages on the next step
    4. After a few hours the unread counter starts acting up (saying I have unread emails - I don't)
    5. No labels (but that's nitpicking)

How did you get around these? Right now this is by far the biggest drawback of the phone (for me), everything else I can tolerate.
    Last edited by duude88; 10-04-13 at 06:19 PM.
    10-04-13 06:04 PM
    2. That's due to your sync intervals. If you have say a 15 minute sync interval it will take 15 minutes for it to reflect on the Web email. Reduce it.

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    10-04-13 06:20 PM
    I bought the Q10 a few days ago and just can't get around email. Tried installing some (paid) apps from the store but they are really clunky and don't work very well.

When it comes to the built-in email, there are several issues, namely:
    1. Aliases are not supported (I have 4). Even after this workaround I have to manually change the outgoing address for each reply
    2. Changes made on the phone aren't reflected on the web (could be a bug), includes marking as read and deleting an email
    3. Conversation view isn't really a conversation view - it shows you individual messages on the next step
    4. After a few hours the unread counter starts acting up (saying I have unread emails - I don't)
    5. No labels (but that's nitpicking)

How did you get around these? Right now this is by far the biggest drawback of the phone (for me), everything else I can tolerate.
    Point #1: Nope. No real support for aliases.

Point #2: The syncing has been noted above. As for deletion on server...
    I'll assume you have Gmail set up via IMAP. By default, if you delete a message from Gmail on your device, all labels are removed and the message is under the "All Mail" label. If you want to have messages go to Trash" when you delete from your device you'll need to tweak some IMAP Folder and IMAP settings as shown here -- see post #4, here. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...8/#post8638154. This works just dandy for me.

Point #3: No, it isn't the same as Gmail's conversation view. It's more like message grouping. I've adjusted to it quite well, though. Give it a chance -- you may grow to like it better.

Point #4: Do you have any incoming filters in Gmail? I found than messages being automatically labelled & archived by Gmail are filed to folders on device, but remain unread (unless your filter marks them unread.)

Point #5, no there are not "labels". But, you'll find that you have sub folders under your Gmail account on device that correspond with the Gmail labels. You can file on device, and the messages will appear under the label in Gmail-web. If you apply two labels to a message from within Gmail-web, the messages will appear in the two folders on your device.

I hope some of this helps. ~ecm
    10-04-13 06:47 PM
    Why do I not have any of these problems?!

I feel like I need something negative to say about my Q10 :worry:

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 06:50 PM
    Why do I not have any of these problems?!

I feel like I need something negative to say about my Q10 :worry:

Posted via CB10
    Easy. You spend waay too much time on it! Lol

10-04-13 06:53 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys but I think I found a perfect solution (for me at least)!

First, let me just confirm point 4. It is likely due to filters, just checked and I have 109 filters (sometimes easier than unsubscribing ). So, yeah....

Anyway... after trying to install like 5 different versions of Gmail (official Android app) I searched the Play Store for some alternatives. Found this gem after some scrolling
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...net.mail&hl=en

Basically, it's like Gmail but with lots more features. In a lot of ways it's even better than the official app. In case you're interested, here's the .bar file:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/....0.3.4.bar.zip

The app works perfectly! Everything you do is updated on the server right away, no delays, no problems. I removed the email address from the BlackBerry Hub but kept Contacts and Calendar sync on. Cool thing is that notifications work pretty well. You can set a custom tone inside the app + BB Hub notification will go off once an email arrives. I'm still a newb when it comes to BB 10 - not sure whether that's normal (happens for all Android notifications).

Email was my no. 1 gripe with BB 10 and with this app it works almost the same as on Android. Weeeee!
    10-04-13 07:24 PM
    Easy. You spend waay too much time on it! Lol

Trust me, I already do! Haha!

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 04:00 AM