I noticed this happened to my GMail sync contact (via CardDav). This happened once in 10.1.0.4687 and again in 10.2.0.1725.

All of sudden all my sync'ed contacts from GMail is gone. Lost. There is not a single contact left. Like someone deleted them all.

The only way to get them back on the phone is to delete the account and re-create back the Google CardDav account.

Anyone seeing this?
    09-19-13 04:29 AM
    Lol!

Never happened to me and I use sync for the last a lot of years

I'm not allowed to post my pin in my signature anymore...
    09-19-13 04:31 AM
    Anyone seeing this?
    Yea - had that a few times on 10.1.x - and only when I was outside data coverage. Never re-created the account though... What fixed it for me, was to reboot the device when I got inside an area with coverage - and the contacts started populate again.

But I have not seen it happen on any 10.2 builds

might be some glitch with the caching of contacts in the cloud that is Not connected to a Local entry....

Not good though - no matter what cause it

Some of the early trouble with CardDav is not any of BlackBerry's fault, but rather the host (Google and alike).. Google have had quite a few hick-ups in the past with contacts..

Make sure to always have an exported List of your Google contacts - and regulary back up your phone.... better safe than sorry
    09-19-13 08:36 AM
    Yes when it happened my data coverage is poor. But it should never clean up my contacts. To my horror when I received Sms unknown person because the Z10 decided to erase my boss' contact.

I don't know if this is Carddav related or not. Will switch to Outlook.com active sync to see if it happen again.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 09:13 AM
    This just happened to me last night. Sometime btw going to bed and waking up ALL Google contacts just vanished. I have a solid WiFi signal at home and always have 4 bars of LTE, so there's no way it could have been a coverage issue and to my knowledge the phone didn't reboot, everything else was normal when I woke up except poof, no contacts. Had to delete Google account and re-enter it. I'm on 10.1.0.4200 TMo. Have had the phone for a month, first time it's happened. Weird.
    09-22-13 02:11 AM
    Any solid solution?
    I am with Q10 and this has happened to me at least twice. All of a sudden, my incoming call shows only the number but not the caller's name. I don't know why this occurs, all I know is that only my google contacts are affected.
    The first time it was 10.2.0.x and the second time was 10.2.1.1055.

Reboot won't help! all i can do is to delete and re-add, totally annoying!
    12-11-13 12:07 PM