When you delete Gmail via Hub (IMAP), it goes into Archived mail on Gmail. That's good. However, how do I view my Archived items? In Gmail, they are accessible in a section called All Mail.

On my BlackBerry, I see no option to sync or view anything called Archive or All Mail.

Gmail: How Do I Access Archived Mail?-img_20150714_195532.png

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 06:58 PM
    This is a good question, have you looked in a folder called "Important" and checked what that displays?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 08:02 PM
    This is a good question, have you looked in a folder called "Important" and checked what that displays?

Posted via CB10
    Do you see a folder called "Important" in my screen shot?

Important isn't it anyway. It only shows things Google decides I might really want to see. But it doesn't show on my BlackBerry anyway.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 08:43 PM
    Bump

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 05:13 AM
    Bump

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 03:05 PM
    Follow-up. I checked my IMAP settings, and I have All Mail set to sync with IMAP. But it does not show up as an available folder to sync in my BlackBerry (see my OP). Why isn't All Mail available to sync on my BlackBerry?

Gmail: How Do I Access Archived Mail?-screenshot-2015-07-15-16.10.28.png
    07-15-15 03:12 PM
    Bump

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 09:30 PM
    Why do you want to clutter up your device with items you have deleted?

STL-4. 10.3.2.2339
    07-15-15 09:50 PM
    This appears to be an imap limitation on gmail. Don't think they provide access to archive over imap. Remember gmail is firstly a webmail system and manages messages via category tags. They added imap many years later and mapped many of these tags to imap folders, but not all are or should be mapped as the All category is a copy of all messages including ones with the removed Inbox category aka archived. To provide access to this over imap would likely download duplicates of everything from Inbox as well
    ...or at least this is my understanding

Posted via CB with my Passport to productivity

And before you ask, the android gmail app uses apis to access their web services, and as such does not use imap.
    07-15-15 11:13 PM
    Afaik the important folder is the archive, has all my emails and I've got that folder on all my gmail accounts on the phone.

It doesn't have an extra copy of the deleted emails it has a copy of all emails even if they were deleted from another folder (e.g inbox).
    Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 11:35 PM
    This appears to be an imap limitation on gmail. Don't think they provide access to archive over imap. Remember gmail is firstly a webmail system and manages messages via category tags. They added imap many years later and mapped many of these tags to imap folders, but not all are or should be mapped as the All category is a copy of all messages including ones with the removed Inbox category aka archived. To provide access to this over imap would likely download duplicates of everything from Inbox as well

And before you ask, the android gmail app uses apis to access their web services, and as such does not use imap.
    No. It is not Gmail's fault. They provide access to the All Mail folder via IMAP. Please read my posts and see my screenshots. Did you simply not see my screen shot that clearly showed All Mail as an IMAP -available folder?

How do I access the All Mail folder on IMAP which Google makes available? Other IMAP clients such as iOS can access it.

How do I access this readily available folder on my BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 08:01 AM
    Afaik the important folder is the archive, has all my emails and I've got that folder on all my gmail accounts on the phone.

It doesn't have an extra copy of the deleted emails it has a copy of all emails even if they were deleted from another folder (e.g inbox).
    Posted via CB10
    Important is not the archive. And Important is not available either. Did you neglect to review the screen shots I provided?

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 08:02 AM
    Why do you want to clutter up your device with items you have deleted?

STL-4. 10.3.2.2339
    I didn't delete them. I archived them. Did you miss that fact in my OP? I sometimes like to access the archive. Do you firmly believe that it is unreasonable to access the archive, or are you simply defending this oversight on BlackBerry's part?

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 08:03 AM
    When you archive Gmail stuff in-browser, it kind of goes into this void of nonexistence. The only way to retrieve the emails is by searching on the browser client.

If you're archiving stuff via your phone, the result is probably the same.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    07-16-15 08:08 AM

Also, have you gotten Gmail app to work? I get a Google sync error with my Google account on Gmail. I have followed all instructions on Cobalt's page.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 08:08 AM
    When you archive Gmail stuff in-browser, it kind of goes into this void of nonexistence. The only way to retrieve the emails is by searching on the browser client.

If you're archiving stuff via your phone, the result is probably the same.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    This is incorrect. It goes into All Mail. Gmail makes All Mail accessible via IMAP. How do I access All Mail via IMAP on my BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 08:09 AM
    This is incorrect. It goes into All Mail. Gmail makes All Mail accessible via IMAP. How do I access All Mail via IMAP on my BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    Is that screenshot of yours showing all mail folders available? In other words, can you scroll down further down?

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 08:15 AM
    Is that screenshot of yours showing all mail folders available? In other words, can you scroll down further down?

Posted via CB10
    That's all or them I believe, but why do you ask? The folder I need, which is "All Mail" is right there and available via IMAP. How do I access this folder on my BlackBerry?
    07-16-15 08:33 AM
    Did some Google search and it has been raised before, e.g.
    http://http://forums.crackberry.com/...olders-793175/

Tested it myself now and see the same thing as you. The "All Mail" folder is visible in my desktop mail app (Thunderbird) so I guess this is a bug of some sort

Seems an idea to workaround it by archiving from Z10 to a new gmail folder named e.g. "MyArchive" and label all currently archived mail with it and sync that folder with your Z10
    07-16-15 10:03 AM
    I have found old Gmails by searching in the native email client. It gave me the option of searching the specific accounts. I don't know if that would work for you or not...
    07-16-15 10:50 AM
    I have found old Gmails by searching in the native email client. It gave me the option of searching the specific accounts. I don't know if that would work for you or not...
    Emails that have been archived and exist in All Mail cannot be found using the native search. I doubt you are having a different result.
    07-16-15 10:56 AM
    Did some Google search and it has been raised before, e.g.
    http://http://forums.crackberry.com/...olders-793175/

Tested it myself now and see the same thing as you. The "All Mail" folder is visible in my desktop mail app (Thunderbird) so I guess this is a bug of some sort

Seems an idea to workaround it by archiving from Z10 to a new gmail folder named e.g. "MyArchive" and label all currently archived mail with it and sync that folder with your Z10
    Please check your link. I get:

This webpage is not available

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
    07-16-15 10:56 AM
    07-16-15 11:03 AM
    The Dedicated Passport Support Team was very helpful, but it is a limitation of the software. They admitted as much. They are going to follow up with me by Monday.
    07-16-15 01:24 PM
    I can confirm - I have several Gmail accounts and the "All Mail" is set to "Show in IMAP" in the web Gmail Settings > Labels page but the "All Mail" folder is not there in my Classic. It's not often I go in there but it would be nice to have on the BB just in case.
    07-16-15 03:58 PM
30 12