How do you archive gmail messages from within the hub.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 09:17 PM
    Long press the email you want to archive and select the "file" icon.
    Gmail - How to archive messages-img_20140226_205024.png

Select folder you want to archive to.
    Gmail - How to archive messages-img_20140226_205038.png

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    02-26-14 10:53 PM
    I actually just archive them on a pc, as I have some folders not synchronised anyway. The problem with archiving through the steps you mentioned is that I don't know what happens to messages I already archived on a pc, will they stay in the hub, or be gone?

Edit : just tried it, sadly they vanish out of the hub if I archive them into the 'all messages' folder, which I'd rather not want to sync.
    Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 02:59 AM
    So there is no real support for archive (all messages folder) by the sounds of it.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 06:06 PM
    By default, when using Gmail over IMAP, deleting an email in the Hub is the equivalent of archiving on the web application. It removes all labels, but keeps the message around in "all messages". So archiving is supported.

Contrariwise, in order to get a "proper" delete working, you have to change some Gmail settings.
    02-27-14 09:37 PM
    Thanks for info. So when deleting do I say delete from hub or delete from hub and server.

Much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 09:29 PM
    I've been using the "delete" option to archive my Gmail e-mails on my BlackBerry, however I just noticed that this has lately been actually deleting my e-mails, which I suspect must have changed during some OS update.

Any idea how to get the "delete" function on my BlackBerry back to archiving my Gmail e-mails instead of deleting them?

Thanks for info. So when deleting do I say delete from hub or delete from hub and server.

Much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    You'd have to select "delete from server" as well, otherwise it wouldn't take any effect on them on the Gmail side at all ;-)
    Last edited by Sashko; 08-16-15 at 09:11 AM.
    08-16-15 08:57 AM
    I've been using the "delete" option to archive my Gmail e-mails on my BlackBerry, however I just noticed that this has lately been actually deleting my e-mails, which I suspect must have changed during some OS update.

Any idea how to get the "delete" function on my BlackBerry back to archiving my Gmail e-mails instead of deleting them?

Me too! What the heck is going on?

-STV on Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-18-15 10:44 AM
    Me too! What the heck is going on?

Mine was doing the same thing. Then it fixed itself. But then others started saying theirs broke. Mine is still working fine. The suggested workaround is to turn off auto expunge in Gmail settings on the browser in the IMAP section. Also make sure it's set to archive deleted in those settings.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 10:54 AM
    Mine was doing the same thing. Then it fixed itself. But then others started saying theirs broke. Mine is still working fine. The suggested workaround is to turn off auto expunge in Gmail settings on the browser in the IMAP section. Also make sure it's set to archive deleted in those settings.

Posted via CB10
    I know my IMAP is enabled and the archive delete thing has been set right. What does auto-expunge do?

08-18-15 10:57 AM
    I know my IMAP is enabled and the archive delete thing has been set right. What does auto-expunge do?

"Auto-Expunge off - Wait for the client to update the server." ;-)

It seems to also enable the options below for "When a message is marked as deleted and expunged from the last visible IMAP folder".
    08-18-15 11:03 AM
    As for why this suddenly started happening...?

I wonder if it has anything to do with the new settings under accounts where it allows you to specify what folders to use for sent, drafts, and trash. Unfortunately, All Mail isn't an option for trash. It can only be set to trash.

08-18-15 11:07 AM
    I just tried your suggestion, and unfortunately my deleted e-mails on my BB are still going to trash :-(
    08-18-15 11:17 AM
    I just tried your suggestion, and unfortunately my deleted e-mails on my BB are still going to trash :-(
    Honestly, I think it's something in Gmail, not BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 12:59 PM
    That makes me wish BlackBerry actually had support, so they'd figure out how to make it work based on the changes (or if they already are, so that we wouldn't be in the dark knowing it'll eventually be fixed).
    08-22-15 08:12 AM
    I'm going back and forth with their Twitter support now. They want me to delete and re-add the accounts.

Yay, time to redo all related settings only to try a common troubleshooting step that probably won't work!

--STV falling from grace with his Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-22-15 12:05 PM
    I'm going back and forth with their Twitter support now. They want me to delete and re-add the accounts.

Yay, time to redo all related settings only to try a common troubleshooting step that probably won't work!

--STV falling from grace with his Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    At least they're giving you support. So far whenever I've attempted to get their assistance, they haven't given me any troubleshooting suggestions.
    08-22-15 01:29 PM
    Anyone know how to do this in BlackBerry Hub for Android?
    05-10-16 05:55 PM
    Anyone know how to do this in BlackBerry Hub for Android?
    Having the same issue here. Just got a One Plus 3 (Android) and I'm not able to archive gmail emails through hub. Tried all options that I could think of, including the pertinent settings in gmail and in the current hub. Does anyone know how to proceed?! Let's solve this problem!
    Gmail - How to archive messages-screen-shot-2016-12-02-9.56.56-pm.png
    12-02-16 11:58 PM
    Having the same issue here. Just got a One Plus 3 (Android) and I'm not able to archive gmail emails through hub. Tried all options that I could think of, including the pertinent settings in gmail and in the current hub. Does anyone know how to proceed?! Let's solve this problem!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-12-02 at 9.56.56 PM.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	130.1 KB 
ID:	413360
    I'm also interested (and I see that this thread spans several years, with no solution). Did anyone find a solution? I can't have all my emails get deleted, and I'd rather not just leave them all sitting in my inbox after I've dealt with them (i.e. if i disable deleting on the server). Anyone?

~peter in athens
    05-08-17 07:55 AM
    I'm also interested (and I see that this thread spans several years, with no solution). Did anyone find a solution? I can't have all my emails get deleted, and I'd rather not just leave them all sitting in my inbox after I've dealt with them (i.e. if i disable deleting on the server). Anyone?

~peter in athens
    I doubt that there will ever be a permanent solution. Gmail doesn't have folders, it has labels. When an email has no labels it is "archived". To enable access to mail using IMAP the labels are used to simulate folders. Since there is no concept of an email not in any folder in IMAP there is no direct equivalent so Gmail has to use behavioural mapping, one such is interpretation of delete as archive. In case you haven't noticed, anything which has not been specifically documented by Google will change without notice, even documented features can change with little notice. IMAP is a mature standard so I doubt any changes on the BlackBerry Hub side would be the cause of this because such changes would cause problems with true IMAP servers. Far more likely is that Google has been making changes under the hood that affect the IMAP to Gmail translation.

The simplest and most robust solution is to create a "folder" called "Archive" using BlackBerry Hub and do not sync it. Then file messages there. Or do what I do which is to create subject based folders to store messages in and sync those, or not, as you need.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    05-08-17 08:35 AM
    I just use 'email saver'.

I just click on share with 'email saver' and it save any email to a folder for use later

Sent from my ⑩ Passport SE using QNX Neutrino RTOS; not running Android or IOS. Dare to be different!
    05-08-17 04:45 PM
    This is honestly quite frustrating (looks like the same problem for Android, on my new Keyone). I assume Blackberry is still sticking to the tradition of putting enterprise customers first - and given enterprise users probably use Microsoft Exchange or something similar, us more consumer-oriented customers get to suffer. Still, it's 2017 and no good support for Gmail for an app advertised as email and message 'hub' is a bit ironic.
    05-11-17 02:59 AM
    On Android, I set my quick action to be Quick File to the folder "All Mail" - that functionally is "archive", right?

On BB10, not sure if that would work, and I don't have a device to test that with anymore...
    05-12-17 01:00 PM
    On Android, I set my quick action to be Quick File to the folder "All Mail" - that functionally is "archive", right?

On BB10, not sure if that would work, and I don't have a device to test that with anymore...
    Hi Dave Liao - do you mind sharing where you set this " Quick File" action? I can't seem to be able to find such a thing in BlackBerry Hub on Android.
    05-12-17 05:42 PM
29 12