When setting up my Work email on BB10 I go to Advanced Setup - EAS and fill in all the details. So e.g. I need to state Username as x@y in full and I need to know server address.
    Ditto Outlook. I ignore the "Outlook.com" option provided under Advanced Setup and again go to EAS instead. Username is again x@y in full and server address is eas.outlook.com. Easy. I have never experienced the problems recently described by others in this forum. Contacts and Calendar are seamlessly integrated into the phone's default Contacts and Calendar provision.
    Whereas. Conversely:
    When setting up GMail I do accept the Gmail option under Advanced Setup and proceed from there. Email works fine but Contacts and Calendar are not incorporated in the manner just described for Work and Outlook.
    Does anybody know if I could take the EAS route for Gmail? And if so what the server address should be? I'm just hoping that, maybe, this way I'd get seamless Contacts and Calendar integration .. ..

Via my  BlackBerry Z10 ultraphone
    12-28-20 01:52 AM
    Google doesn't use activesync, they have their own solution. So you need to setup as a gmail account.
    12-28-20 11:08 AM
    12-28-20 11:10 AM
    When setting up my Work email on BB10 I go to Advanced Setup - EAS and fill in all the details. So e.g. I need to state Username as x@y in full and I need to know server address.
    Ditto Outlook. I ignore the "Outlook.com" option provided under Advanced Setup and again go to EAS instead. Username is again x@y in full and server address is eas.outlook.com. Easy. I have never experienced the problems recently described by others in this forum. Contacts and Calendar are seamlessly integrated into the phone's default Contacts and Calendar provision.
    Whereas. Conversely:
    When setting up GMail I do accept the Gmail option under Advanced Setup and proceed from there. Email works fine but Contacts and Calendar are not incorporated in the manner just described for Work and Outlook.
    Does anybody know if I could take the EAS route for Gmail? And if so what the server address should be? I'm just hoping that, maybe, this way I'd get seamless Contacts and Calendar integration .. ..

Via my  BlackBerry Z10 ultraphone
    You could alias your gmail address using outlook, well not alias but another term to import email from another address. Outlooks alias feature still has advantages though.

I specifically set blackberry hub to sync my gmail folder and my regular outlook inbox.

outlook/
    inbox/
    gmail/
    inbox/

Everything else is indexed but I have to pull from the network to view or share. It works fine for me.

As for the calendar and contacts, I can get them but not seamlessly unfortunately. I use ghost commander and dig into the blackberries android apk's which do.

I don't have less secure apps on and I used microsofts website to generate an app password.

It's not really inconvenient and just an option out there for you.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 12-28-20 at 11:49 AM.
    12-28-20 11:25 AM