Minor annoyance on my work/Gmail account:

If I take my time drafting an email in Outlook, my BB creates a draft in the Hub. This is a nice feature in theory, because I could start the draft on my computer then finalize on my BB. Although I've never done this, it does seem like a cool idea.

Problem is, once I send the email from Outlook, the draft/unset email remains in the Hub. It creates an "unread" notification, and opening and closing it does not change its status to "read". The only option is to delete it from Hub.

Not a big deal, but I think it should disappear once sent, especially once the sent message shows up with a "check" mark. Anyone else have this? Anyone else solve this?

Thanks,
    BJ
    08-22-13 08:48 AM
    Minor annoyance on my work/Gmail account:

If I take my time drafting an email in Outlook, my BB creates a draft in the Hub. This is a nice feature in theory, because I could start the draft on my computer then finalize on my BB. Although I've never done this, it does seem like a cool idea.

Problem is, once I send the email from Outlook, the draft/unset email remains in the Hub. It creates an "unread" notification, and opening and closing it does not change its status to "read". The only option is to delete it from Hub.

Not a big deal, but I think it should disappear once sent, especially once the sent message shows up with a "check" mark. Anyone else have this? Anyone else solve this?

Thanks,
    BJ
    What are your sync times set to? Those change per sync time, or you could manually refresh the account, or reset the HUB.

Also why mention Gmail, when all your talking about is Outlook?
    08-22-13 10:15 AM
    What are your sync times set to? Those change per sync time, or you could manually refresh the account, or reset the HUB.

Also why mention Gmail, when all your talking about is Outlook?
    Sync times are set to the lowest (plus Push is on). But they draft doesn't ever go away. It appears if I'm still drafting in Outlook and it syncs (that's good), but once I send, the draft will never go away unless I delete it (that's bad).

I mention Gmail and Outlook in the same post because I am using Gmail on Outlook (the desktop application, not an outlook.com email) on my PC. Sorry if I was confusing.
    08-22-13 11:25 AM
    I use that feature all the time and it had worked pretty well for me. Sometime it took a few extra seconds for the draft to disappear... nothing serious. I love it cause I would often start an email on my desktop and finish it on my mobile.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 11:29 AM
    I use that feature all the time and it had worked pretty well for me. Sometime it took a few extra seconds for the draft to disappear... nothing serious. I love it cause I would often start an email on my desktop and finish it on my mobile.

Posted via CB10
    OK, maybe I'm not giving it enough time to disappear. I'll try it again. When you send form mobile, what happens to the draft you created on your computer?
    08-22-13 01:24 PM
    Whenever I send the draft out from my phone, it disappears from my draft folder on the computer. However, I just use the website from the computer, not outlook. Also, since Microsoft had emails problems last week, the drafts folders won't sync anymore for my outlook.com emails, neither between my Z10 and outlook.com, windows 8 email app and outlook.com... they don't seem to have fixed everything.

Still works flawlessly with my Gmail though

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 08:48 AM
    Whenever I send the draft out from my phone, it disappears from my draft folder on the computer. However, I just use the website from the computer, not outlook. Also, since Microsoft had emails problems last week, the drafts folders won't sync anymore for my outlook.com emails, neither between my Z10 and outlook.com, windows 8 email app and outlook.com... they don't seem to have fixed everything.

Still works flawlessly with my Gmail though

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. So I wonder what will happen if I start an email on the computer (with Outlook desktop) and walk away after half finishing, leaving the email open, then complete and send on the BB. Will it close and go to sent items on the computer?
    08-24-13 09:11 AM
    Thanks. So I wonder what will happen if I start an email on the computer (with Outlook desktop) and walk away after half finishing, leaving the email open, then complete and send on the BB. Will it close and go to sent items on the computer?
    I know that on the Web Gmail, even if the email is still open, the draft shows up at a certain point in time. I don't think I ever tried with the email still open on desktop. I'll have to try and see.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 12:25 PM
    Have had that happen from time to time. My fixes are hitting the three dots in the hub and pressing Refresh. That and hub resets did also work.

Posted by tapping on Halle (Black)Berry aka Z10
    SteelGreek likes this.
    08-24-13 02:32 PM
    Hi,

Regarding to draft folder syncing; this is not Blackberry's fault, this is how Exchange ActiveSync protocol works as standard. The only way to solve this is to ask Microsoft to change how Exchange ActiveSync works.

Please read this website:

Drafts folder not synching on ActiveSync devices | Email and calendar | Microsoft Office 365 Community

https://support.apple.com/kb/HT5928?viewlocale=en_US

KB16270-Drafts do not synchronize with the BlackBerry smartphone

So blame Microsoft or ask them to provide this capability.

Thank you.
    09-28-14 09:22 AM
    I've had multiple copies of the same draft appear in the gmail web client (paid Google Apps for Domains) without BlackBerry's involvement.
    09-28-14 09:30 AM