dear all
    this kind of question was asked before but I am still unable to find a clear answer to my problem.
    I set-up my gmail on my z 10 and when I delete any email from my mobile it also gets deleted from gmail inbox and moving to archive and when I click all-mail on gmail actually all the emails I deleted earlier are still there.

I want to delete my emails from my mobile but want to keep them in my inbox

can anyone give me solution for this please ?
    05-05-13 01:38 PM
    I've also been wanting the answer to this as my bold had the options of 'delete fron just handheld' or delete from both. I have not found a way to do this yet.
    05-05-13 01:55 PM
    I also have the same problem on my Q10: I want the option to automatically delete from both handheld and Gmail (move to trash, specifically, not completely delete).

It is very annoying and limits my use of email on the phone (why delete there if you will then have to search achives and redelete on computer later)?

If they fix this, it will mean not having to rely on a computer for email ever...

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    05-05-13 03:24 PM
    This is not an issue with BlackBerry! Go to your Gmail settings and look at the expunge settings, the default action for deleting on an image client is to auto archive, fix the setting

Posted via CB10
    mirren likes this.
    06-19-13 11:44 AM
    This is not an issue with BlackBerry! Go to your Gmail settings and look at the expunge settings, the default action for deleting on an image client is to auto archive, fix the setting

Posted via CB10

This is incorrect. This is a serious and known issue which Blackberry shamefully has still not fixed

KB33533-Deleting email from Gmail account in BlackBerry Hub does not actually delete the email
    08-02-13 11:54 AM
    You *****, one checkbox on Gmail settings fixes this

Via CB10
    08-06-13 06:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    This worked for me.

posted via CB10 on a Zader10-3/10.2.0.1047
    08-06-13 06:57 PM
    I have the same problem. Q10, on 10.20.0.1047.

Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP:

When I mark a message in IMAP as deleted: Auto-Expunge ON

But when I delete messages on Q10, it doesn't delete them in gmail inbox.
    08-16-13 04:42 PM
    I played a lot in Gmail settings:

Turn auto purge off

Move deleted Mails in IMAP in trash if marked deleted in last seen folder

And now it is important to deactivate the

"Show in imap" of the "all messages" folder in the labels section

Also in 10.2 there are improvments in the gmail stuff

This works for me

Posted via CB10
    fixerdude, mirren and tkhamis like this.
    08-17-13 03:28 AM
    Hey can anyone give me a hand modifying these settings?

I'm interested in having my emails deleted on gmail, or moved to trash when I delete them from my Z but I can't seem to find the "auto-expunge" and other options.

When I access my gmail settings this is what I see:

gmail deleted on blackberry z 10 not deleting on gmail inbox instead archiving-img_00000866.png

Call me what you will but I don't really understand the difference between IMAP and POP but when I access my gmail settings on my Z it reads imap.gmail.com as the server etc.

I set up my gmail account using the quick setting for Gmail, rather than an IMAP account, could that be the issue?

gmail deleted on blackberry z 10 not deleting on gmail inbox instead archiving-img_00000867.png

I have two other Gmail accounts running on my Z that I set up manually and I will attempt to edit their settings and see if I am given a different menu. But if someone could let me know what I'm missing or doing wrong here, I'd really appreciate it.

Edit: checked other email accounts. Setting up gmail through the wizard was the problem

Turned Zeke day one; Channel Pin C0001A853
    Last edited by OMGyssels; 08-26-13 at 12:52 PM.
    08-21-13 02:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    For Google Apps legacy email (setup via either Gmail wizard i.e. google authorised accounts or IMAP ), I tried deleting emails after turning off auto-expunge (and 'move to trash' option) and unchecking 'All mail' and 'important' from showing on IMAP. The emails are still archiving. The same is true for accounts with 2-step verification enabled as well as disabled. However, for regular Gmail (setup via either Gmail wizard i.e. google authorised accounts or IMAP ), I tried deleting emails after turning off auto-expunge (and 'move to trash' option) and unchecking 'All mail' and 'important' from showing on IMAP. The emails are deleting perfectly when deleted from server as well as the same. The same is true for accounts with 2-step verification enabled as well as disabled. So the problem still lies with Google Apps legacy account mailboxes.
    03-24-14 07:19 AM
    You *****, one checkbox on Gmail settings fixes this

Via CB10
    For Google Apps legacy email (setup via either Gmail wizard i.e. google authorised accounts or IMAP ), I tried deleting emails after turning off auto-expunge (and 'move to trash' option) and unchecking 'All mail' and 'important' from showing on IMAP. The emails are still archiving. The same is true for accounts with 2-step verification enabled as well as disabled.

However, for regular Gmail (setup via either Gmail wizard i.e. google authorised accounts or IMAP ), I tried deleting emails after turning off auto-expunge (and 'move to trash' option) and unchecking 'All mail' and 'important' from showing on IMAP. The emails are deleting perfectly when deleted from server as well as the same. The same is true for accounts with 2-step verification enabled as well as disabled. So the problem still lies with Google Apps legacy account mailboxes.
    03-24-14 07:19 AM
    I use Gmail for native emails and this problems is still actual.
    I tryed gmail deleted on blackberry z 10 not deleting on gmail inbox instead archiving-screenshot001.jpg
    and/or
    gmail deleted on blackberry z 10 not deleting on gmail inbox instead archiving-screenshot002.jpg
    Nothing!
    Emails deleted from phone itșs arhive in Gmail, not erase.
    11-11-14 01:56 AM
    11-11-14 02:11 AM
    11-11-14 02:13 AM
    Emails deleted from phone itșs arhive in Gmail, not erase.
    It's the Gmail way. Let the setting to move to trash ; messages more than 30 days old will be automatically deleted.
    11-11-14 08:03 AM
    Joshu,

Gmail on my acount do NOT move on trash or delete forever emails Who I want to delete them.
    Gmail arhive email Who I delete from phone(with option delete from phone and server active).

How can I manage this?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 02:02 PM
    Just let Auto-expunge Off and set Move the message to the trash. 30 days later, your message will be deleted, not archived
    Again, it's the way Gmail works for mobile and some desktop clients. Is it a real issue ?
    11-11-14 06:05 PM
    It's a problem wich the customer should not meet.
    Still remanin an email service not 100% functional.

Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 01:48 PM
    It's a problem wich the customer should not meet.
    Still remanin an email service not 100% functional.

Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    In addition to the Settings under "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" - Auto-Expunge Off, Move the Message to the Trash - you ALSO need to go under Gmail's "Labels" settings and uncheck "Show in IMAP" for both All Mail and Important labels. If you do those things, the message will delete, not archive.
    11-12-14 02:25 PM
    I made the modifications.
    I think will work, same tests was positive same test it's still in dellay.

Thanks!
    11-13-14 03:46 AM
    We've got a bit of a language barrier here, but I think you're talking about a delay. I'll say this: I have my sync interval set to 5 minutes but there's often still a delay for everything to update. If you want to make it happen quickly you can hit Refresh in the Hub. Hope everything is working for you!

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 09:16 AM
    And this is why I dumped Google for business.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 09:31 PM