I have been using Gmail to keep my contacts in order, whenever I install a fresh OS i simply add my Gmail and choose to add contacts from it only. Until today this has worked perfectly. I noticed that today my Gmail contacts simply disappeared from the phone! I logged into Gmail in the browser and they are all there. I tried a reboot - no luck, restarted hub - no change, and then deleted my Gmail account and added it again, making sure it was given all permissions on the Google verification page, still nothing. Not sure why this happened or how to fix it. Any suggestions?
    08-27-13 05:54 PM
    Go into contacts go to settings and make sure it's on. Try this first.

Q10/ 1323/ THKS berryleaks
    08-27-13 06:05 PM
    What if you delete the Google account and then add just the contact portion back only, then add the email part.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 06:30 PM
    Yeah did that. I managed to get them back. I logged into Gmail on my Mac, exported as a .vcf, then bluetoothed it to my phone. When I opened it, my Gmail contacts magically re-appeared but doubled some contacts again. Anyway, straightened them out. Glad to have them back at least.
    08-27-13 07:06 PM
    Oh yeah, I also noticed while messing in my contacts settings, my Macbook (which I use with Link) showed up in the list of accounts. Its since disappeared but I never noticed if that was an option before. maybe its the new version of Link enabling this?
    08-27-13 07:09 PM
    Syncing contacts with Gmail really messed up my contact list as well.
    I switched to outlook.com for syncing contacts and made a backup through the app contactx and to be sure by intouchapp contacts.

As soon as Gmail isn't in the picture for syncing contacts all goes tell at the moment. Hope Google fixes the glitch

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 11:58 PM
    I second this ^. There's something weird about the Google caldav, calcard systems. I find EAS much better. It's easy to import.

I had to switch over during 10.1 for odd duplicates and other issues.

BerryLeaks
    08-28-13 12:17 AM