The instructions didn't make sense to me either UNTIL I actually clicked on the link listed in the replies; what is showing is not the complete url you need to enter. This is the server address I entered to get my contacts back: You have to click on the link to see the complete URL.

https://www.googleapis.com/carddav/v...lists/default/

Enter your Gmail account where [email protected] is.
    Thank you so much! After 3 months of failures, Google API accepted my request! I was fooled too by the /v...lists/ Next time, please be more explicit, don't assume ... means others thing beside ...
    10-15-19 02:31 PM
    Thank you so much! After 3 months of failures, Google API accepted my request! I was fooled too by the /v...lists/ Next time, please be more explicit, don't assume ... means others thing beside ...
    Glad it worked for you mvirard! As a side note, this actually is a Crackberry display problem, as they shorten long URLs. In this and other threads we've been trying to clarify that the URL is shortened but sometimes it doesn't come across. Please feel free to ask if you have any trouble when something that seems to be working for others isn't working for you; many of us will be happy to work with you to track it down.
    10-15-19 02:35 PM
    Really appreciate the help as well ~!!
    10-24-19 10:00 AM
    This method worked perfectly. I too was faked out by the URL that was shown, not realizing it was being shortened and I was leaving parts out.
    10-24-19 11:01 AM
    Actually, there’s a simpler way to do import from Gmail Contacts to Blackberry Address Book which detailed in steps below:

Export all contacts (or selected contacts) from Gmail Contacts to VCF (Business Card) file format. The result is file contacts.vcf.
    Send that file through bluetooth/mail to your Blackberry device and voila! all contacts has been added to Blackberry Address Book.

Hope this help for many readers! Thanks.
    Limno likes this.
    11-02-19 09:36 AM
    Actually, there’s a simpler way to do import from Gmail Contacts to Blackberry Address Book which detailed in steps below:

Export all contacts (or selected contacts) from Gmail Contacts to VCF (Business Card) file format. The result is file contacts.vcf.
    Send that file through bluetooth/mail to your Blackberry device and voila! all contacts has been added to Blackberry Address Book.

Except completely missing the point of contact syncing.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-19 03:29 PM

When I go into export contact I am only given the options Google CSV, Outlook CSV, vCard (for iOS contacts). Where do you find the VCF format?

I am using a new Classic and cannot get my Google contacts to sync. I've followed everything here, trying all the different server names. I do not have 2FA on and I have less secure accounts ON. I am still getting the error.

At this point, just importing my contacts will help even if sync will not work.
    11-03-19 09:47 AM
    Except completely missing the point of contact syncing.

Posted via CB10
    Okay...

We solving the "Gmail contacts can't be added..." Issue First. Right ?
    11-03-19 01:09 PM
    When I go into export contact I am only given the options Google CSV, Outlook CSV, vCard (for iOS contacts). Where do you find the VCF format?

I am using a new Classic and cannot get my Google contacts to sync. I've followed everything here, trying all the different server names. I do not have 2FA on and I have less secure accounts ON. I am still getting the error.

At this point, just importing my contacts will help even if sync will not work.
    Howdy,

The vCard (for iOS contacts) should be in the in the VCF format mate.

Cheers
    11-03-19 01:10 PM

Hey, to get your contacts syncing, take a look at this complete guide and make sure you follow each step right to the letter. It should work fine.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1177586

Posted via CB10
    11-03-19 11:03 PM
    Hey, to get your contacts syncing, take a look at this complete guide and make sure you follow each step right to the letter. It should work fine.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1177586

Posted via CB10
    I tried it about ten times yesterday without. Today, it worked Thanks!
    11-04-19 09:34 AM
    I tried it about ten times yesterday without. Today, it worked Thanks!
    Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    11-04-19 12:43 PM
    That's actually progress Felix, as that error is more in line with the errors people have received previously. I'd suggest adding e-mail and calendar first, but it should not matter.

I've gone ahead and pasted the entire process back in here for you, wtih the appropriate URL. Assuming you have less-secure app access enabled and are signed out of Google on your device, this should work, but if it does not let me know and we'll keep digging at it.

Go to Accounts.

Select Add Account.

Select Advanced at the bottom of the screen.

Tap CardDav.

Enter whatever you like for a description, and your Gmail e-mail address for username and e-mail address.

6.Enter your Gmail password for the password.

For the Server Address, enter the following:

www.googleapis.com/carddav/v1/principals/[email protected]/lists/default/

Please hover your mouse over the link to get the full URL and/or click it so it will open in a new tab, as Crackberry cuts off the full version in posts.

(Replace [email protected] with your actual Gmail address of course.)
    Had to read lots and tried lots until I found this post that had everything I needed. I did not need an app password nor did i have to log out of my pc browser. I did make sure to be logged out of all browsers on my passport. I could not find where to turn on access to less secure apps until i finally turned off 2FA. Geez!!!

Any hoot, A big thank you to you TT and Ben xfg. Hope we dont have to deal with any other problems from Goofle for a while.

One question though, after all is said and done and I have turned 2FA back on can we also turn off the setting for "access for less secure apps" or does it need to remain on?
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 11-12-19 at 06:34 AM.
    11-12-19 06:17 AM
    I could not find where to turn on access to less secure apps until i finally turned off 2FA. Geez!!!

Any hoot, A big thank you to you TT and Ben xfg. Hope we dont have to deal with any other problems from Goofle for a while.

One question though, after all is said and done and I have turned 2FA back on can we also turn off the setting for "access for less secure apps" or does it need to remain on?
    Not sure if you've seen the complete guide, should answer your questions...

Posted via CB10
    11-12-19 03:31 PM
    Not sure if you've seen the complete guide, should answer your questions...

Posted via CB10
    The post I quoted worked for me.

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    11-12-19 05:53 PM
    The post I quoted worked for me.

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    Perfect. Just thought your other question would be cleared up when read the other post.
    Specifically though, if you have 2FA enabled then there's no need to have Less Secure Apps turned on, and vice-versa. But if you don't have 2FA enabled then having LSA enabled is indeed mandatory.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-19 06:16 PM
    Hello! I'm going to try your method. My struggle is real! I have tried methods like this for a few days now and still dealing with errors. Your method should work for my Q10 right? Thanks!
    THIS SAVED ME just make sure that your using the new service address, I had to add the gmail account without selecting contacts then go back in and select adv,carddav its working finally
    12-03-19 09:19 AM
    On my Classic Q20, latest OS (10.3.3.xxx):
    I could only add Gmail and Calendar from my Google account.
    My Google account has 2-step verification turned on.
    I successfully added Google contacts by doing these steps:
    - Add Account with Carddav option
    - Use the newer server address: ..../lists/defaut/
    - Create Google App password: choose Contacts -> Blackberry
    - Use the password you've just created to put into the password field.
    Done.

It didn't work until I used Google App password.
    01-21-20 06:13 AM
    Hello,
    Please follow the link below for the solution to syncing Gmail Contacts on BlackBerry

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13489240
    /blackberry-10-os-f269/guide-how-sync-google-contacts-account-your-bb10-device-1177586/
    02-03-20 02:06 PM
244 ... 8910