Ben xfg posted a solution yesterday - there is a new server address, that is why the few months old threads didn't help me these days.
    Google has changed the server address, and the correct one (with which I finally got back into syncing Google contacts on my Passport) is:
    https://www.googleapis.com/carddav/v...lists/default/
    I was going nuts till this post

I THINK THIS WILL HELP EVERYONE

Thanks much @vrodic You made my day
    07-08-19 05:27 PM
    Okay I have sorted the issue.
    Many people have been trying and facing the issue. I was facing exactly the same even after following the instructions. May be someone missed it or I didnt read that. You have to first add your account normally, but do not select contacts, just email and calendar. Let it add.
    then go to again add account>advanced>carddav.
    Then give your details and use the same server address as mentioned "https://www.googleapis.com/.well-known/carddav".

After weeks of struggle and losing the hopes entirely. I can confirm it works now.

as soon as you will add CardDav, the contacts syncing will also add in the previously added account where we did not selected "contacts to sync".

in the google settings, I had removed Blackberry hub + services from third party access and then again added it while adding the account. And also allowed access to less secure apps. Now my contacts are syncing.

Thanks people.
    Hello! I'm going to try your method. My struggle is real! I have tried methods like this for a few days now and still dealing with errors. Your method should work for my Q10 right? Thanks!
    07-10-19 11:55 AM
    I'm going to try this method. I've been dealing with this for a few days now.....I hope this alternative route will work!
    07-10-19 11:57 AM
    Hello! I'm dying over here. Q10. I've tried multiple times the whole thing, carefully. Still getting error. I went into my google account and made sure the 2 step was verified and made sure this URL was typed in correctly....still. Nothing.
    07-10-19 12:08 PM
    Hello! I'm going to try your method. My struggle is real! I have tried methods like this for a few days now and still dealing with errors. Your method should work for my Q10 right? Thanks!
    Yes exactly. I tried on my Q10 and it worked. Hope it will help you too.
    07-10-19 12:10 PM
    But you will need to use the following address for it to work;

https://www.googleapis.com/carddav/v...lists/default/

Just remember to replace the "[email protected]" with your Gmail address.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-19 12:23 PM
    Still trying! Tried the original URL and this one.
    07-11-19 08:11 AM
    ended up just using my media card and the contacts ex app. Its still not working but I have the contacts I need. Just had to export a vCard file from my google account and load it onto my MicroSD.
    07-11-19 09:32 AM
    ended up just using my media card and the contacts ex app. Its still not working but I have the contacts I need. Just had to export a vCard file from my google account and load it onto my MicroSD.
    Just make sure you have "less secure app access" turned ON. If you have two factor verification enabled you will need to use an app password, also try signing out of Google from your browser if it still doesn't work.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-19 11:04 AM
    Ok. Yes, I haven't tried signing out of the browser on my desktops, etc. Thanks Ben!
    07-11-19 11:10 AM
    You need to use the CardDAV option, not CalDAV.

Posted via CB10
    I have tried all of the above and still cant sync google contacts. device is Z10
    07-12-19 02:25 AM
    I have tried all of the above and still cant sync google contacts. device is Z10
    This is a bit of a lengthy thread...not sure what you mean by tried all.Could you check out the link below and make sure you are following ALL the directions very carefully in the second post?

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1172138

Posted via CB10
    07-12-19 09:53 PM
    I have followed all the set steps, it has refused to work for me. am getting this error
    Error in RPC transaction with 1563181298-CardDavProvider
    07-15-19 04:08 AM
    I have followed all the set steps, it has refused to work for me. am getting this error
    Hmm, this looks strange. Maybe @TrumpetTiger can investigate?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-19 05:06 AM
    Very odd error indeed. Let me take a look at this Felix. I'll get back to you as soon as I know more.
    @Ben xfg, thanks for the handoff!

Posted via CB10
    07-15-19 08:20 AM
    Hey Felix,

Have you fully deleted your Gmail CardDAV account, or even the Gmail account as a whole, from your BB10 device? RPC transactions are basically interactions between your device and the remote server, and so if it's saying there's an RPC error it's likely confused about the connectivity protocols. If you haven't done that, can you try removing the account entirely then re-adding it using the steps outlined above and the correct URL?

As a gentle reminder you'll want to de-select contacts when re-adding your Gmail account and add them separately afterwards in order for everything to work.
    07-15-19 06:34 PM
    TrumpetTiger
    I have removed the gmail account and added the contacts afresh, now am getting the error message "an unexpected problem occurred, some feature may not be working correctly" I need to know, do I first add email and calendar first then contacts or it doesnt matter. Thanks
    07-16-19 04:36 AM
    I have removed the gmail account and added the contacts afresh, now am getting the error message "an unexpected problem occurred, some feature may not be working correctly" I need to know, do I first add email and calendar first then contacts or it doesnt matter. Thanks
    That's actually progress Felix, as that error is more in line with the errors people have received previously. I'd suggest adding e-mail and calendar first, but it should not matter.

I've gone ahead and pasted the entire process back in here for you, wtih the appropriate URL. Assuming you have less-secure app access enabled and are signed out of Google on your device, this should work, but if it does not let me know and we'll keep digging at it.

Go to Accounts.

Select Add Account.

Select Advanced at the bottom of the screen.

Tap CardDav.

Enter whatever you like for a description, and your Gmail e-mail address for username and e-mail address.

6.Enter your Gmail password for the password.

For the Server Address, enter the following:

www.googleapis.com/carddav/v1/principals/[email protected]/lists/default/

Please hover your mouse over the link to get the full URL and/or click it so it will open in a new tab, as Crackberry cuts off the full version in posts.

(Replace [email protected] with your actual Gmail address of course.)
    07-16-19 01:59 PM
    Hello from the author of articles of the Russian-speaking community Blackberry.
    The full instruction looks like this:
    • Delete the Gmail account from the phone, if there is one (it is desirable to do the item, but you can try without deleting it, maybe it will work out),
    • Log out of your Google account in all browsers on your device and on your PC, log out of your Google account in installed applications, if any,
    • Go from the regular Blackberry browser to My Account Google - "Security" tab:
      • "Login to account using phone" - "off",
      • "Two-step authentication" - "off",
      • Unreliable apps that have account access - incl. (to open access),

If the Blackberry Hub+ permission to use the account has already been given in the list of unreliable applications, it must be removed, and then again allowed access to unreliable applications.
    • "Phone settings" - "Accounts" - "Add account" - "Advanced" - "CardDav" - Username and email address - specify the same, enter the password, specify the server address:
      Code:
      https://www.googleapis.com/carddav/v1/principals/userEmail/lists/default/
      where "userEmail" is your full login email account with the required contacts for synchronization, format "***@gmail.com" - "Done".

The error "an unexpected problem occurred, some feature may not be working correctly" arises precisely because the Hub + service is already connected to the Google service.
    07-17-19 03:36 PM
    Hello from the author of articles of the Russian-speaking community Blackberry.
    The full instruction looks like this:
    • Delete the Gmail account from the phone, if there is one (it is desirable to do the item, but you can try without deleting it, maybe it will work out),
    • Log out of your Google account in all browsers on your device and on your PC, log out of your Google account in installed applications, if any,
    • Go from the regular Blackberry browser to My Account Google - "Security" tab:
      • "Login to account using phone" - "off",
      • "Two-step authentication" - "off",
      • Unreliable apps that have account access - incl. (to open access),

If the Blackberry Hub+ permission to use the account has already been given in the list of unreliable applications, it must be removed, and then again allowed access to unreliable applications.
    • "Phone settings" - "Accounts" - "Add account" - "Advanced" - "CardDav" - Username and email address - specify the same, enter the password, specify the server address:
      Code:
      https://www.googleapis.com/carddav/v1/principals/userEmail/lists/default/
      where "userEmail" is your full login email account with the required contacts for synchronization, format "***@gmail.com" - "Done".

The error "an unexpected problem occurred, some feature may not be working correctly" arises precisely because the Hub + service is already connected to the Google service.
    Hi Xcrazy,

Thanks for contributing this. However, a few questions for you:

1. Are you sure that turning "login to account using phone" off is the right setting here? That would seem to be required for any phone to connect to Google resources.

2. The URL you mentioned is an older URL that seems to no longer work for many people (including me, and I was the one who originally found it and posted it here on Crackberry). Are you saying that that URL is working for you?

Thanks,
    TT
    07-17-19 10:19 PM
    TrumperTiger,
    Yes, this is an old scheme, but it works.
    I follow the instructions of google - https://developers.google.com/contacts/carddav/ - the "Resources" tab. 100% tested and working scheme.

All points of the instruction is important to do.

After the first time you connect your gmail account to Blackberry, the Blackberry Hub+ binding is saved on the gmail server. After that - CardDav is unavailable, because he also refers to the Blackberry Hub+, which is activated only for email. To bind CardDav — you need to remove the Blackberry Hub+ binding and activate it for CardDav — then both email and contacts will work.
    If the binding is not removed, an error will occur when CardDav is added.

If you want, I can make a video on setting up an account.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-19 12:48 AM
    TrumperTiger,
    Yes, this is an old scheme, but it works.
    I follow the instructions of google - https://developers.google.com/contacts/carddav/ - the "Resources" tab. 100% tested and working scheme.

All points of the instruction is important to do.

After the first time you connect your gmail account to Blackberry, the Blackberry Hub+ binding is saved on the gmail server. After that - CardDav is unavailable, because he also refers to the Blackberry Hub+, which is activated only for email. To bind CardDav — you need to remove the Blackberry Hub+ binding and activate it for CardDav — then both email and contacts will work.
    If the binding is not removed, an error will occur when CardDav is added.

If you want, I can make a video on setting up an account.

Posted via CB10
    That's okay X. I misread your initial URL and it is indeed the current functioning one, so we're all good there. I may PM you however about videos and some other items; feel free to PM me as well. You seem like a techy fellow but just in case: to PM you click on the username in orange and then select PM to the right of Posts in the bubble that comes up.
    07-18-19 02:58 AM
    That's actually progress Felix, as that error is more in line with the errors people have received previously. I'd suggest adding e-mail and calendar first, but it should not matter.

I've gone ahead and pasted the entire process back in here for you, wtih the appropriate URL. Assuming you have less-secure app access enabled and are signed out of Google on your device, this should work, but if it does not let me know and we'll keep digging at it.

Go to Accounts.

Select Add Account.

Select Advanced at the bottom of the screen.

Tap CardDav.

Enter whatever you like for a description, and your Gmail e-mail address for username and e-mail address.

6.Enter your Gmail password for the password.

For the Server Address, enter the following:

www.googleapis.com/carddav/v1/principals/[email protected]/lists/default/

Please hover your mouse over the link to get the full URL and/or click it so it will open in a new tab, as Crackberry cuts off the full version in posts.

(Replace [email protected] with your actual Gmail address of course.)
    Thank you @TrumpetTiger. it worked. however after it added contacts, it now says that my log in information for account (Caldav:Gmail-useremail) has changed or is incorrect, b
    07-18-19 06:32 AM
    Is the old URL working for anyone?
    07-18-19 04:16 PM
    Thanks Hp. This would mean that the full URL, for the record, is:

https://www.googleapis.com/carddav/v.../lists/default

where "[email protected]" is your actual Gmail address.
    Is there a need for me to actually go and do all the steps to update my URL or can just remove the old one and put the new one and click save?
    07-18-19 04:40 PM
244 ... 45678 ...