I have read all the posts carefully, spent last couple of days repeatedly going through all the steps (2FA is OFF, Less secure app access is ON, logged out of Google account while going through motions), I have Gmail and Google calendar (reinstalled and working), but Google Contacts attempt to add CardDev always ends up with the same message: "An unexpected problem occured. Some features may not be working correctly." As a temporary measure did import CSV file from Google, but that's not a long term solution. Anyone has any new ideas?
    In any case thanks Nikola Adzic for starting the thread and @TrumpetTiger for extensive help and patience :-)
    To add some value to discussion - these reminds me of the last years of my PalmTreo and HP Pre (best keyboard ever) - exactly the same pattern of choking services - first third party ones, in the bitter end servers are shut down for good :-(
    05-16-19 06:09 AM
    Ben xfg posted a solution yesterday - there is a new server address, that is why the few months old threads didn't help me these days.
    Google has changed the server address, and the correct one (with which I finally got back into syncing Google contacts on my Passport) is:
    https://www.googleapis.com/carddav/v...lists/default/
    hazmaju, GTVH and JG_Agustin like this.
    05-16-19 11:36 AM
    Addition to previous posting
    Don't forget to replace "[email protected]" with your Google account
    Ben xfg, hazmaju, GTVH and 1 others like this.
    05-16-19 11:37 AM
    Thank you so very much for this!
    05-20-19 04:55 AM
    Hey Nikola,

It's entirely up to you how to proceed of course, but Google Contact sync is actually working. Here's how to enable it:

1. Go to Accounts.

2. Select Add Account.

3. Select Advanced at the bottom of the screen.

4. Tap CardDav.

5. Enter whatever you like for a description, and your Gmail e-mail address for username and e-mail address. Enter your Gmail password for the password.

6. For the Server Address, enter the following:

https://www.googleapis.com/.well-known/carddav

I'm guessing Google fully deprecated their old CardDAV URL, which is why the autodetect for BB10 is not picking it up, but I have tested and confirmed contacts can be added this way and two-way sync is fully functional.
    I TRIED UR METHOD BUT IT GIVING ME AN ERROR MESSAGE-----An unexpected error occurred . Some features may not be working correctly.

Pls I need urgent assistance.
    puresse likes this.
    05-22-19 06:26 AM
    I TRIED UR METHOD BUT IT GIVING ME AN ERROR MESSAGE-----An unexpected error occurred . Some features may not be working correctly.

Pls I need urgent assistance.
    See posts # 77 and 78 of this thread.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-19 07:19 AM
    Hi guys. My Passport show me the same after manual update.
    Not even try to do all above.
    First of all i'm add a hotmail account, and check sync contacts.
    Then set those hotmail acc on old windows phone(or you can just import .csv in browser) and add a gmail, check the sync contacts, and all nicely done, like a charm, all contacts is now in my dear SE, even with notes and images.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-19 03:06 PM
    Hi Ben.xfg
    I tried that too, but it still does not work. Same error.
    05-24-19 08:57 AM
    Hi Ben.xfg
    I tried that too, but it still does not work. Same error.
    OK, let's start over from here.

First, remove the existing contacts account (if it's still there), then go to your Google account and ensure 2FA is disabled and also make sure the so called "allow less secure apps" is enabled.

If you wish to leave 2FA enabled, you can also create an app password and use the created password for step # 6.

Now follow these instructions carefully:

1. Go to Accounts.

2. Select Add Account.

4. Tap CardDav.

5. Enter whatever you like for a description,
    your Gmail address for username,
    and Gmail address for the email address.

6.Enter your Gmail password for the password.

7. For the Server Address, enter the following:

Make sure to edit the address so the prefix "myname" is replaced with your own prefix, no spaces.

You might also need to sign out of Google from the browser to make this work.

If you follow each of these steps carefully it should work.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-19 09:06 AM
    oh my god, i cannot believe this - it's working now. the funny thing is, i tried so many times with the full password and with app passwords, nothing happened. then i followed your advice, read "disable 2FA" which i did. then one line later i read that it will work with an app password, so i created one, but before that I re-enabled 2FA again. then I entered carddav settings as described, and while i did that, it gave me a note, that imap is not working anymore - because i disabled 2FA, so i finished the dialog to enter the carddev settings and pressed save or whatever the name of the button was. then i switched back to reenable my google account via the notification "imap access" not working. there i entered the full password, and got the security sms. then pressed enable hub services and done/accept as well. in fact i had now operating two account-setting-screens in parallel saving/checking settings. and then it worked!!!!! lovely, thank you.
    05-24-19 09:27 AM
    Didn't work after going through the changes in the Google account until I have set the server to this:

I appreciated your help guys. Thanks a lot!

Posted via CB10
    05-25-19 11:47 PM
    OK, let's start over from here.

First, remove the existing contacts account (if it's still there), then go to your Google account and ensure 2FA is disabled and also make sure the so called "allow less secure apps" is enabled.

If you wish to leave 2FA enabled, you can also create an app password and use the created password for step # 6.

Now follow these instructions carefully:

1. Go to Accounts.

2. Select Add Account.

4. Tap CardDav.

5. Enter whatever you like for a description,
    your Gmail address for username,
    and Gmail address for the email address.

6.Enter your Gmail password for the password.

7. For the Server Address, enter the following:

Make sure to edit the address so the prefix "myname" is replaced with your own prefix, no spaces.

You might also need to sign out of Google from the browser to make this work.

If you follow each of these steps carefully it should work.

Posted via CB10
    This post should be moved to the top of the thread.

The server address is the correct one.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    05-29-19 01:11 AM
    Thank you very very much!
    I'm interested how did you find the way?I couldn't do it,you are excellent!

Posted via CB10
    05-31-19 03:47 AM
    Thank you very very much!
    I'm interested how did you find the way?I couldn't do it,you are excellent!

Posted via CB10
    A fellow member provided the address.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-19 05:55 AM
    Hi Ben xfg on your instruction 7
    "Make sure to edit the address so the prefix "myname" is replaced with your own prefix, no spaces. "
    Where is "myname" and which address to edit ?
    My passport was working fine with sync but not recently and I guess that will be the server's new address. I followed all your instructions but I always had the 'umexpected problem occurred...... ..'. Thanks !

06-05-19 08:32 PM
    Hi Ben xfg on your instruction 7
    "Make sure to edit the address so the prefix "myname" is replaced with your own prefix, no spaces. "
    Where is "myname" and which address to edit ?
    My passport was working fine with sync but not recently and I guess that will be the server's new address. I followed all your instructions but I always had the 'umexpected problem occurred...... ..'. Thanks !

Buried in the server address is a "[email protected]",

The "myname" needs to be replaced with your own Gmail handle.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-19 08:37 PM
    Buried in the server address is a "[email protected]",

The "myname" needs to be replaced with your own Gmail handle.

Posted via CB10
    still i did not understand, there i can't see any myname prefix, can youexplain with a screenshot, please
    06-12-19 08:57 AM
    still i did not understand, there i can't see any myname prefix, can youexplain with a screenshot, please
    I'm not sure how to explain with a screenshot so I'll try my best without.

This is the server address;

Look for [email protected] in the server address.

You need to put your email address where that is.

So for example if your email address would be [email protected], the server address would look like this;

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-19 12:16 PM
    Got this email today from Google - "BlackBerry Hub + services hasn't been verified by google. This app or service has extensive access to your personal information and its developer's information hasn't been verified by Google. You should remove its access unless you're sure you trust it."

I've read what you've all posted regarding contacts and issues on how to fix them syncing. Thankfully I don't have that issue. For a while, I've turned-on 3rd party access. My question is this should I still trust allowing access to HUB? Will there be a point when we don't trust access?
    06-12-19 04:42 PM
    The instructions didn't make sense to me either UNTIL I actually clicked on the link listed in the replies; what is showing is not the complete url you need to enter. This is the server address I entered to get my contacts back: You have to click on the link to see the complete URL.

Enter your Gmail account where [email protected] is.
    06-12-19 05:53 PM
    This is working for the personal GMail account I use for my personal contacts.

The newserver doesn't work for my work email account which is basically GMail but with my company's domain.

Does anyone know the server for the business email servers?

Posted via CB10
    06-13-19 02:02 AM
    Followed the fresher posts # 77 and 78 (from 5/16/19) of this thread. Same as post # 84 instructions, it worked on my "new/refurbed" Z30

Thank You!
    06-13-19 02:34 AM
    Got this email today from Google - "BlackBerry Hub + services hasn't been verified by google. This app or service has extensive access to your personal information and its developer's information hasn't been verified by Google. You should remove its access unless you're sure you trust it."

I've read what you've all posted regarding contacts and issues on how to fix them syncing. Thankfully I don't have that issue. For a while, I've turned-on 3rd party access. My question is this should I still trust allowing access to HUB? Will there be a point when we don't trust access?
    I haven't seen any such email and wouldn't be worried at all.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-19 05:28 AM

My affinity for BB10 and general antipathy for Android devices notwithstanding, I find it hilarious that Google is sending notes telling you other apps have "extensive access to your personal information."

I would completely disregard as Ben says. Google sends alerts at the drop of a hat for anything they don't own. I have received similar notes relating to BB10.
    06-13-19 06:31 AM
    Does anyone know the server for the business email servers?

Posted via CB10
    Do you know if there would be a different address for business?

Posted via CB10
    06-13-19 10:44 AM
244 ... 23456 ...