2Fa is off. But i don’t understand less secure apps enabled. How to do that?
    02-05-19 07:37 PM
    2Fa is off. But i don’t understand less secure apps enabled. How to do that?
    You'd have to log into your Google account at myaccount.google.com, select Security from the left, scroll down until you see Less secure app access, and make sure this is set to on. Google treats Blackberry, many versions of Outlook, and a whole slew of apps it does not care for as "less secure" and requires you to enable access for these apps for its services to work.
    02-05-19 07:41 PM
    Kbreen, where are you having trouble? 2FA is off right? Less secure apps is turned on?
    All is on.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-19 08:32 PM
    All is on.

Posted via CB10
    Um....if 2FA is on that is going to cause you an issue right there Kbreen as you'll need to use an app password at minimum for any Google sync to work. Less secure apps should be on, but in the sense that less secure app access is allowed, which goes against Google's recommendations.

Can you either turn off 2FA or use an app password for your credentials on your BB10 device and report back?
    02-06-19 03:26 PM
    Um....if 2FA is on that is going to cause you an issue right there Kbreen as you'll need to use an app password at minimum for any Google sync to work. Less secure apps should be on, but in the sense that less secure app access is allowed, which goes against Google's recommendations.

Can you either turn off 2FA or use an app password for your credentials on your BB10 device and report back?
    Isn't working for me. I moved my contacts to outlook.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-19 04:33 AM
    Nikola imam isti telefon i isti problem, koji na zalost nisam resila.
    Mozes li molim te da mi pomognes? Sve sam probala....i da izbrisem nalog, pa ponovo.
    Ako imas neku ideju please pomozi.
    Pozzzz, Mima
    vrodic likes this.
    02-08-19 06:59 PM
    You can export a vCard from contacts.google.com.
    The 'More' option on their left side menu.

Just get the file somewhere on your BB and open it. Should ask if you want to import them.

Posted via CB10
    kp711 likes this.
    02-09-19 01:33 AM
    seem matter for me. It is inconvenience to sync contact from gmail. hoping to find the way that fix this matter
    02-11-19 02:06 AM
    seem matter for me. It is inconvenience to sync contact from gmail. hoping to find the way that fix this matter
    Phan, have you tried the solutions earlier in this thread and others? What error are you experiencing?
    02-11-19 05:25 PM
    Hey Nikola,

It's entirely up to you how to proceed of course, but Google Contact sync is actually working. Here's how to enable it:

1. Go to Accounts.

2. Select Add Account.

3. Select Advanced at the bottom of the screen.

4. Tap CardDav.

5. Enter whatever you like for a description, and your Gmail e-mail address for username and e-mail address. Enter your Gmail password for the password.

6. For the Server Address, enter the following:

https://www.googleapis.com/.well-known/carddav

I'm guessing Google fully deprecated their old CardDAV URL, which is why the autodetect for BB10 is not picking it up, but I have tested and confirmed contacts can be added this way and two-way sync is fully functional.
    Thanks @TrumpetTiger, it solved the issue on my Passport!

I'm glad there are still a few folk around helping out with BB10, cheers!
    WES51 likes this.
    02-13-19 10:10 PM
    Thanks @TrumpetTiger, it solved the issue on my Passport!

I'm glad there are still a few folk around helping out with BB10, cheers!
    You're very welcome JG! Happy to help. I'll be around until they ban me or until someone pries my BB10 devices from my cold dead hands.
    02-14-19 12:44 PM
    Thanks for your help! I did what you recommended and it worked. The final hangup for me was the “less secure app access” in Google. To resolve that (for anyone with the similar problem), I went to my Google account on a separate device and clicked the link for “Security.” Then I scrolled down to the “less secure app access” section and turned ON access. You will get a warning from Google, but within seconds after doing this, my Blackberry started bringing over all my Google contacts.

Before I did this, I also followed TrumpetTiger’s other advice about changing the CardDav settings.

Thanks for the outstanding advice! Glad I can keep using my Blackbery Classic for a while longer.
    02-19-19 08:02 AM
    Thanks for your help! I did what you recommended and it worked. The final hangup for me was the “less secure app access” in Google. To resolve that (for anyone with the similar problem), I went to my Google account on a separate device and clicked the link for “Security.” Then I scrolled down to the “less secure app access” section and turned ON access. You will get a warning from Google, but within seconds after doing this, my Blackberry started bringing over all my Google contacts.

Before I did this, I also followed TrumpetTiger’s other advice about changing the CardDav settings.

Thanks for the outstanding advice! Glad I can keep using my Blackbery Classic for a while longer.
    Glad it's working for you digdug! Let us know if you need any further help--happy to assist in the continued use of BB10.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    02-19-19 03:54 PM
    Hi Trumpetiger, now also Gmail Calendar doesn't work... can you tell me pls which is the new CalDAV URL of Google? Many Thanks!!!
    02-20-19 12:30 PM
    Okay I have sorted the issue.
    Many people have been trying and facing the issue. I was facing exactly the same even after following the instructions. May be someone missed it or I didnt read that. You have to first add your account normally, but do not select contacts, just email and calendar. Let it add.
    then go to again add account>advanced>carddav.
    Then give your details and use the same server address as mentioned "https://www.googleapis.com/.well-known/carddav".

After weeks of struggle and losing the hopes entirely. I can confirm it works now.

as soon as you will add CardDav, the contacts syncing will also add in the previously added account where we did not selected "contacts to sync".

in the google settings, I had removed Blackberry hub + services from third party access and then again added it while adding the account. And also allowed access to less secure apps. Now my contacts are syncing.

Thanks people.
    03-28-19 03:30 PM
    @TrumpetTiger, thanks a lot! My passports' now syncing again..
    03-29-19 07:10 AM
    @TrumpetTiger - thanks for the info!

I have 2-factor authentication enabled (can't enable support for less-secure apps), so just had to generate and use an app-specific password. Works great.

Was just given the Z10 I'm using, so glad to be able to get my contacts syncing right away. Seems like a nifty little device - shame BB10 is so dead re. app development.
    iled likes this.
    03-29-19 02:01 PM
    Web displays Not found
    04-04-19 10:48 PM
    I tried this method (4 times) also with no success. It's a tmobile Z10 ST100-3 OS 10.2...Here's a screen shot of error, I posted more details at https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...b-z10-1164383/
    Gmail contacts can't be added...-error-screen-contacts-552c-20190428.jpg
    Last edited by Craigrich2; 04-28-19 at 05:41 PM. Reason: phone info: tmobile ST100-3 OS 10.2...
    04-28-19 06:20 AM
    I tried this method (4 times) also with no success. It's a tmobile Z10 ST100-3 OS 10.2...Here's a screen shot of error, I posted more details at https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...b-z10-1164383/
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error screen contacts on 552c 20190428.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	444104
    Make sure that u have logged out your Google account in BlackBerry browser.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-19 06:53 AM
    Contacts are now syncing DID NOT have to remove/reinstall Blackberry hub + services from third party access (from my PC's browser) !! and maybe it's just because I wasn't logged into Google account in BlackBerry browser, cause I did a fresh reload and never opened the browser (although I never did personal google stuff in browser at all?) I have a Z10 that had 10.2.*** I'm following conite's suggestion of using latest OS and wanted to autoloaded Z10_10.3.03.3216_STL100-2-3 , although I had to do it from a different location with a fast connection (it's about 1.5GB) and accidentally didn't get the absolute latest (cause I got lost using a different PC & thought this was latest..) and autoloaded 10.3.32137 - runs great ( supposedly DOES NOT have important KRACK fix i.e. https://forums.crackberry.com/ask-qu.../#post13167140 so I'd better autoload 10.3.03.3216 ) , then set up gmail - of course no contacts, then setup CardDav (with google 2Fa turned off & less secure apps on - didn't NOT have to remove/reinstall Blackberry hub + services from third party access , Thank God )

Also had selected email+calender+contacts when first setting up gmail, and it still worked (contrary to in this same thread about NOT having contacts selected when adding gmail client) - then after configing CardDav the gmail client showed all 3 (email+calender+contacts) !
    Last edited by Craigrich2; 05-02-19 at 11:23 PM.
    vrodic likes this.
    05-02-19 07:32 PM
    (with google 2Fa turned off & less secure apps on - didn't NOT have to remove/reinstall Blackberry hub + services from third party access , Thank God )
    BTW, you don't have to turn off 2FA. Just create an app password.

Good to see it working for you!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ben xfg; 05-02-19 at 08:56 PM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-02-19 07:54 PM
    I don't *think* I have a need for 2FA, only home PC (win 7 patched through 2018) and either my Z30 or Z10 so no need to create app password. I used to do a lot of PC support and every customer that I've talked with ended up turning it off - and say it's a real PITA.

Oh ya part about "remove/reinstall Blackberry hub + services from third party access (from PC's browser)" came from post 65 in this thread
    Ben xfg likes this.
    05-02-19 11:17 PM
    Its sying "Your login information for CalDAV server [www.googleapis.com] has changed or is in correct Please check your account settings.

Hey Nikola,

It's entirely up to you how to proceed of course, but Google Contact sync is actually working. Here's how to enable it:

1. Go to Accounts.

2. Select Add Account.

3. Select Advanced at the bottom of the screen.

4. Tap CardDav.

5. Enter whatever you like for a description, and your Gmail e-mail address for username and e-mail address. Enter your Gmail password for the password.

6. For the Server Address, enter the following:

https://www.googleapis.com/.well-known/carddav

I'm guessing Google fully deprecated their old CardDAV URL, which is why the autodetect for BB10 is not picking it up, but I have tested and confirmed contacts can be added this way and two-way sync is fully functional.
    05-14-19 02:44 PM
    Its sying "Your login information for CalDAV server [www.googleapis.com] has changed or is in correct Please check your account settings.
    You need to use the CardDAV option, not CalDAV.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-19 05:26 PM
244 12345 ...