As title says, I put few of mine Gmail accounts on device, latest OS, everything else working fine, emails and calendars, but error pops up that's something wrong with syncing contacts and with that, can't add my account with contacts.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have tried reload, hard reset, no help.

It's z30

Posted via CB10
    01-19-19 06:29 AM
    Make sure when you add you Google account to the Hub that you select sync for contacts.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    01-19-19 09:01 AM
    Make sure when you add you Google account to the Hub that you select sync for contacts.

It's not about that, it's showing error that can't add contact syncing

Posted via CB10
    01-19-19 11:51 AM
    01-21-19 11:14 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190122_000736.png 
Views:	554 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	442500
    Yep, exactly that is showing.
    Tried everything, don't know solution

Any help is appreciated

Posted via CB10
    01-21-19 03:05 PM
    Hi everyone ! Same problem for me. Tried verything, even by exchange and it changes nothing. Worked perfectly before my wipe...
    01-22-19 04:59 AM
    I had the same problem.

This is the way i used to turnaround the problem :
    - Go to contacts.google.com and export your contacts as .CSV
    - Make sure you have Google play installed
    - On Google play, look for the app "Contacts Import" from The Prophet
    - Install it, open it and follow the instructions to import your .CSV

This will not give you an automated sync but you will can take back your contacts quickly.
    01-22-19 06:49 AM
    I'm trying to replicate this problem, but I can't

Is this an issue with the BB10 Contacts app, or are you guys using the Google contacts app in the BB10 runtime?

01-22-19 12:28 PM
    Ah...

Accounts/Add Emails and Calendars /Error at contacts

Email and Calendar working fine, can't add contacts account

Posted via CB10
    vrodic likes this.
    01-22-19 05:00 PM
    Same problem for me. Futhermore, I noticed, that the contacts haven't been synchronizing for several days.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-19 01:28 AM
    Ah...

Accounts/Add Emails and Calendars /Error at contacts

Email and Calendar working fine, can't add contacts account

Posted via CB10
    Same situation for me, when I was setting up my old wiped Classic for my mom. Can't add contacts, mail and calendar work fine...
    On my Classic, that was configured before, everything seems to work

Posted via CB10
    01-23-19 01:50 PM
    Same here. I was trying to set up GMail contact sync and getting a message to try later.
    01-23-19 03:21 PM
    So we are done now with Google contacts in 2019 and wait to start even email shutdown.

Well, that's enough for me, I'm done with this operating system. There is already too much work arounds, and now I need to do export contacts every few days. I cant. I literally using it only for my job, emails are everything to me, and now this stupidity is happening.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-19 05:42 PM
    So we are done now with Google contacts in 2019 and wait to start even email shutdown.

Well, that's enough for me, I'm done with this operating system. There is already too much work arounds, and now I need to do export contacts every few days. I cant. I literally using it only for my job, emails are everything to me, and now this stupidity is happening.

Posted via CB10
    Hey Nikola,

It's entirely up to you how to proceed of course, but Google Contact sync is actually working. Here's how to enable it:

1. Go to Accounts.

2. Select Add Account.

3. Select Advanced at the bottom of the screen.

4. Tap CardDav.

5. Enter whatever you like for a description, and your Gmail e-mail address for username and e-mail address. Enter your Gmail password for the password.

6. For the Server Address, enter the following:

https://www.googleapis.com/.well-known/carddav

I'm guessing Google fully deprecated their old CardDAV URL, which is why the autodetect for BB10 is not picking it up, but I have tested and confirmed contacts can be added this way and two-way sync is fully functional.
    WES51, Wowan, Azam Saghir and 3 others like this.
    01-23-19 10:58 PM
    Same here. I was trying to set up GMail contact sync and getting a message to try later.
    Check my message to Nikola WES. Gmail contact sync is actually still up and running!
    WES51 likes this.
    01-23-19 10:59 PM
    Check my message to Nikola WES. Gmail contact sync is actually still up and running!
    Thanks TrumpetTiger! In all of the mess I switched my contact synching to Outlook. It was a lot of work, so I'm not happy to do it again to get back to Google contacts. Nice to know it's working and I will do it when I go fresh again.
    01-24-19 02:19 AM
    I have tried, but says that Error is occurred, may not function, bla bla, and nothing.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-19 02:43 PM
    I have tried, but says that Error is occurred, may not function, bla bla, and nothing.

Posted via CB10
    Can you let me know exactly where in my instructions above you experience the error Nikola? I'm highly confident we can get you working again if you want.
    01-24-19 04:29 PM
    I'm getting an error message after clicking done using TrumpetTiger method.

Screenshot attached

Gmail contacts can't be added...-4lk7m.jpg
    01-24-19 04:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    In the accounts, first delete the Contacts sync settings, so you're left with Email and Calendar entries. Then go to add new account and select CardDAV. Fill everithing as described above and it should all work.
    Tried it on mine as described wben I was setting back from outlook sync. Tried it on my mom's Classic, on which I discovered the issue. It works on both phones

Posted via CB10
    01-24-19 05:17 PM
    In the accounts, first delete the Contacts sync settings, so you're left with Email and Calendar entries. Then go to add new account and select CardDAV. Fill everithing as described above and it should all work.
    Tried it on mine as described wben I was setting back from outlook sync. Tried it on my mom's Classic, on which I discovered the issue. It works on both phones

Posted via CB10
    Thing is I can't even add contacts Account.

When I try to setup Gmail account : email and Calendars account add up, but showing error wich I previously stated.

So there is no way to add contacts except import from site, and that's killing me

Posted via CB10
    01-24-19 06:31 PM
    Solveeeeeed

Third party access blocking was activated on Google account, turned it off, and accounts are finally syncing.

Posted via CB10
    hazmaju likes this.
    01-24-19 06:33 PM
    Then set it up without contacts, you'll have two entries under your Gmail acc. Email and Calendar. Then go to Settings>Accounts and chose Advancedand set up a CardDav account manualy. Be patient, it will work!

Posted via CB10
    01-24-19 06:36 PM
    Thanks!i tried, succeeded.
    01-24-19 08:47 PM
    I'm getting an error message after clicking done using TrumpetTiger method.

Screenshot attached

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4LK7M.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	442545
    Hmmm....full e-mail address for both username and e-mail Frozen? No password issues?

You might fully remove your old un-syncing account if you haven't already.

Also, just to confirm: you don't have a space between the / after .com and the . do you? It looks like you might from the screenshot, which would of course kill the URL and the functionality....
    01-24-19 09:07 PM
244 123 ...