I've had this problem for over a year when i first got my Z10. I have a data plan. And i'm hooked up to wifi most of the time. I have no other data/access related issues.

I've added my gmail (email, calendar and contacts) through the normal add account on my Z10 OS 10.2.3062. When i created the account synchronization i left all settings on defaults. Including the sync frequency which defaults to 30 mins.

Email, calendars, and contacts were all pulled down to the phone. If i make a change on the phone to calendars or contacts, the change happens immediately online. If i load up gmail on the PC i can see the new entry.

If i make a change to the calendar on the PC. The new entry will eventually show up on the phone. If i want it faster i can pull down while in calendar and use the 'sync' button.

If i make a change to a gmail contact on the PC.... that change never shows up on the phone. Doesn't matter if it's a new entry or changes to an existing entry. I've waited days. (months actually) And there is no 'sync' option anywhere in the contacts manager.

I have also tried changing the sync interval in accounts->contacts to different time intervals or even 'Manual'. But the Manual mode baffles me since there is no sync button for contacts anywhere in the interface.

Has anyone else seen this behavior and know of any workarounds? Ideally i'd love to set it to Manual and have it NEVER pull contact information from the cloud until i hit a Sync button. To save on data leakage. This scheme works perfectly for calendar and email when set to Manual since both of them do have a sync button.

My current workaround is to completely delete my entire gmail account (email, calendar and contacts) from the phone every couple of months and re-add it to get all the updates from the gmail cloud contacts. I've even tried editing the sync interval during creation or afterwards to see if maybe just the 30 minute version was broken. none of the intervals seem to work.

Any thoughts appreciated.
    01-12-15 04:20 PM
    Just a thought :did you try to separately install a CardDav to sync your contacts (and remove the contact sync from the email account) to see if it made a difference?
    You can find a tutorial on crackberry

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 08:44 PM
    i'll try that.

I guess i should have asked one initial question differently.

Does this work for anyone? I mean of all the Z10 and gmail users out there does every single one have the same problem as me or am i the only one?
    01-13-15 11:27 AM
    Just a thought :did you try to separately install a CardDav to sync your contacts (and remove the contact sync from the email account) to see if it made a difference?
    You can find a tutorial on crackberry

Posted via CB10
    So i deleted everything and added a gmail (email and calendar) only. no contacts. i then added a separate carddave account. once finished it bundled it into the gmail one . now shows gmail (email and contacts and calendar). Same problems of chagnes on pc not being pushed to the phone.
    01-15-15 10:19 AM