I have five Gmail accounts but mainly always access one as Gmail gives me the option of "sending as" then choose which account I want to use, I also set the always reply with same account option which is rather convenient from a desktop. How does this work on BlackBerry? I had to install all 5 accounts as I fail to see how only installing the main one gives me the same options I have from a desktop, I don't see the "send as" option, is it there? Also, given I'm on a somehow limited data plan, having 5 accounts will consume more data even if I don't actually open all of those received emails?
    02-03-15 10:45 PM
    Hi,

I know exactly what you are talking about as I use to have Gmail handle my gmail email and my personal domain email. I had set Gmail to always "send as" using my personal domain email account.

Unfortunately with BB10 email accounts functionality, it is not possible for it to utilise Gmail's "send as" function. Not via the BB Hub.

The only way to do this is to sideload the Android Gmail app and then use the app to access your Gmail account. From the app, you can use the "send as" function as this function is exposed for you to select which Gmail account you want to use. I use to do this on my Android phone, so I know it works.

But since I have moved to BB, I have unlinked by personal domain email account from Gmail. So, I enter both my Gmail and personal domain email account and have the Hub show them as 2 email accounts. I didn't feel like sideloading the Gmail app as I wanted to fully use the BB Hub for all incoming communications.

Hope this helps.
    02-04-15 12:07 AM