I love using Glympse. Such a cool feature of bbm.

I noticed that it gives the speed of the people on Glympse... but only in MPH. why doesn't it use the units set in the Settings? I've got it set to Metric (as would all countries except the US and Zimbabwe)... but Glympse is stuck on MPH.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 06:09 PM
    I get Km/h so, I think it's not mph only. Don't know how to change it though
    10-30-14 11:19 AM
    Switch your language to English UK should fix it
    It better not. We use mph in the UK. Ever seen a British road sign or speedometer?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 11:33 AM
    Try change setting from OS level. Language and input system, measurement system. I am using metric system and it's shows km/h in glypmse
    10-30-14 02:09 PM
    I've already got my settings in metric.

Attachment 310870
    10-31-14 01:53 AM
    Weird... mine shows kn/h

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 07:44 AM
    Is there any way to use glympse on bbm with Google map? Because BlackBerry map is not available for my country!
    10-31-14 08:06 AM
    Is there any way to use Glympse on bbm with Google maps? Because BlackBerry maps is not available for my country!
    What is your country?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 10:15 AM
    What is your country?

Posted via CB10
    I'm living in Iran
    10-31-14 11:31 AM
    Well, it looks like BlackBerry Maps doesn't have any data for Iran. You'll have to use Google Maps. But as far as I know, Google Maps doesn't use Glympse.

Hopefully BlackBerry will be expanding the number of countries it covers in the near future.

Have you tried downloading the Android version of Glympse?
    10-31-14 01:13 PM
    Weird... mine shows kn/h
    knots / hour? That's weird indeed!

___
    10-31-14 01:18 PM
    Well, it looks like BlackBerry Maps doesn't have any data for Iran. You'll have to use Google Maps. But as far as I know, Google Maps doesn't use Glympse.

Hopefully BlackBerry will be expanding the number of countries it covers in the near future.

Have you tried downloading the Android version of Glympse?
    When I want to see someone's glympse on bbm I can't because it directs me to BlackBerry maps. I was wondering is any opinion to choose Google maps over it?(sorry for my english! )
    By the way I haven't tried android version!
    10-31-14 01:31 PM
    It better not. We use mph in the UK. Ever seen a British road sign or speedometer?

Posted via CB10
    Which signs have you been looking at? They just have numbers on :') The Speedometer... no idea, I don't drive

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 02:37 PM
    Which signs have you been looking at? They just have numbers on :') The Speedometer... no idea, I don't drive

Posted via CB10
    All of them. Every single one is in miles and yards.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 03:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    That was a joke... it just says the number... not the actual measurement... nevermind

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 04:46 PM
    When I want to see someone's glympse on bbm I can't because it directs me to BlackBerry maps. I was wondering is any opinion to choose Google maps over it?(sorry for my english! )
    By the way I haven't tried android version!
    Once 10.3 comes out, you can use the Amazon market to obtain the Glympse app for Android. It should work like the embedded Glympse feature in BBM. I'm pretty sure the android app will link to Google Maps.

And I checked, yeah they have really good street level maps of Iran on Google Maps. That is very cool.

I hope that works for you.

I enjoyed using BlackBerry Maps in Turkey last year. It was very accurate with driving directions. If Google can get the map data for Iran, I don't see why BlackBerry can't.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 09:08 PM
    Once 10.3 comes out, you can use the Amazon market to obtain the Glympse app for Android. It should work like the embedded Glympse feature in BBM. I'm pretty sure the android app will link to Google Maps.

And I checked, yeah they have really good street level maps of Iran on Google Maps. That is very cool.

I hope that works for you.

I enjoyed using BlackBerry Maps in Turkey last year. It was very accurate with driving directions. If Google can get the map data for Iran, I don't see why BlackBerry can't.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I hope they will add Iran to the BlackBerry maps!
    11-01-14 01:28 AM
    I wish there was a way to make google maps the default
    Me too!
    11-01-14 01:29 AM
    bbry's maps has a long way to go, they should just endorse google's maps and let us make it the default. Like apple, bbry isn't in the maps business....its really pointless to have their own maps app, esp because it's so much worse than google's
    I've had at least 4 mistakes using Google maps over the last 12 months. Mistakes because Google had the wrong address for the place I was going. 3 of those 4 were correct on BlackBerry Maps.

It sucks that BlackBerry Maps doesn't cover Iran... but it does cover the countries where over 90% of the active BlackBerry phones are located.

And for those others in Iran and other countries not covered by BlackBerry Maps, you can install the Glympse android app onto your BB10 phone and hopefully it will link thru to Google Maps for you. Try it and let us know.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 06:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Honestly I never knew GB was as backward as the US. Why hold on to an antiquated system and boast about it too. As far as I know though, it's only USA and two other countries that are not metric.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 311511
    11-02-14 07:36 AM
    Honestly I never knew GB was as backward as the US. Why hold on to an antiquated system and boast about it too. As far as I know though, it's only USA and two other countries that are not metric.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 311511
    Because changing every road sign would cost a fortune for no good purpose.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 07:47 AM
    bbry's maps has a long way to go, they should just endorse google's maps and let us make it the default. Like apple, bbry isn't in the maps business....its really pointless to have their own maps app, esp because it's so much worse than google's
    I wish I had BlackBerry maps on my Galaxy S5. Google maps has the worst UI I've seen in a long time.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    11-02-14 12:41 PM
    there are a lot of good reasons to fully move to the metric system, and a multitude of academic studies that say the benefits far outweigh the cost
    Um, what benefit do you really get from it?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 01:12 PM
    Um, what benefit do you really get from it?

Posted via CB10
    Quite. It is merely a way of measuring. If everyone understands it, then that's all that counts.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 03:01 PM
    Quite. It is merely a way of measuring. If everyone understands it, then that's all that counts.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, it's not like there's a massive knowledge gap because you use one but not the other. Every computer can convert them easily with very little effort. You don't win using or lose using another, I can't see any advantage

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 03:12 PM
32 12