This could be the beginning against Google's monopoly...

In Europe vs. Google, neither side is totally right | VentureBeat | Mobile | by Evan Blass

Posted via CB10
    jgag337 likes this.
    04-23-16 12:22 PM
    Why does this mean BB would benefit? I would think makers of alternative apps that serve core functions such as the browser and mapping would be the main beneficiaries. Maybe even alternative ad systems that can plug into Android. But I don't see were it benefits another mobile OS or hardware maker necessarily.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-23-16 12:35 PM
    This could lead to having Google Play Store on forked types of Android.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-16 12:37 PM
    It would sure be nice if you could buy an android without dozens of Google apps... but I don't think BlackBerry has an advantage in this Google vs Europe issue. People will buy android anyways, if they hated those apps that much they would already have switched to WP, BlackBerry or iOS. Knowing that android has (correct me if I'm wrong) the biggest consumer database.. I doubt that this would change anything.

Thanks for posting tho, nice read and sure an interesting article!

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition 
    southlander likes this.
    04-23-16 12:41 PM
    This could lead to having Google Play Store on forked types of Android.

Posted via CB10
    Ok. I get ya. So you're thinking the android runtime could access Google play services. That would be so far away if it ever became possible though. Blackberry might not be making phones at all by then.

04-23-16 12:43 PM
    Ok. I get ya. So you're thinking the android runtime could access Google play services. That would be so far away if it ever became possible though. Blackberry might not be making phones at all by then.

Could be. But there would be a free field for each type of operating system by then. Europe is paving the ground against Google's monopoly...

Posted via CB10
    04-23-16 06:55 PM
    Very good read! I'd like to add that if this doesn't materialise into anything that benefits BlackBerry, then at least it gives google a hard time. I know that sounds childish and whotnot...

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    04-23-16 07:21 PM
    Very good read! I'd like to add that if this doesn't materialise into anything that benefits BlackBerry, then at least it gives google a hard time. I know that sounds childish and whotnot...

It's not childish as for now only two operating systems (iOS 20% and Android 80%) are taking all the smartphone market.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 05:09 AM
    You hate android but you want the Android apps? Yeah...
    04-24-16 06:01 AM
    There's zero hope for BB10. The workforce are no longer employed, so there is no scope to move it forwards (and anyway, it would be crazy to try).

Android bores the life out of me, but it's that or iOS sadly.

Sad truth.

04-24-16 06:20 AM
    I'm sure many Here will agree that the reason android is so popular is mainly due to its app control in the market. They basically have every app you can think of. Also because 90% of phone makers are using android. The day blackberry introduced their first Android shows where the shift is. As a company, if you want to make money, you have to go to Android. Google has successfully cornered the market. Now Apple is starting to lose developers. Not because they don't have the population, it's because of apples control and the only population they have is apple. Google has HTC, Samsung, MOTOROLA, Sony, LG, Asus, and many other uo and coming Brands. Not to mention third party support. More for Android. Perfect example of this is screen mirroring on Apple or lack there of I should say. You need an apple product such as Apple TV in order to mirror your phone screen to TV. Android doesn't have that issue. Why do I need to purchase additional equipment if my TV already has this capability? That's why apple is losing its foot on the ground. They are slowly losing third party support. It gets better. The younger generation of today and for the last 5 years had been using android in schools. Google has a program where schools get special discounts for their products and all the schools are using them. K through 12 are learning android. They're growing up using that ecosystem and sometime in the near future you may only see android on everything. This is why the shift from Microsoft and Apple to have some of their services running on Android is happening today. Europe may find that Google has a monopoly, but without any real competition, there's nothing anyone can do. Google argument holds true. If you can load your app to Google store and are able to use it. What is the problem. They don't have to change their ecosystem to accommodate as long as the apps work on Android.

04-24-16 07:32 AM
    Just because of lack of much needed Apps.
    That's all.
    Port them to BB10 no one will ask anymore.
    04-24-16 08:28 AM
    Just because of lack of much needed Apps.
    That's all.
    Port them to BB10 no one will ask anymore.
    BlackBerry already tried that route and still failed.

*C5303
    04-24-16 08:52 AM

*C5303
    They tried but not whole heartily.
    With bad intention who can achieve something good ?
    04-24-16 10:32 AM

*C5303
    Barely bud

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 11:05 AM
    I hate google spying and general intrusive behaviour of the company. On the other hand, I love the app compatibility that the emulator brings to the table that is also managed by BlackBerry themselves.

04-24-16 12:26 PM
    find that Google has a monopoly, but without any real competition, there's nothing anyone can do. Google argument holds true. If you can load your app to Google store and are able to use it. What is the problem. They don't have to change their ecosystem to accommodate as long as the apps work on Android.

When apps will become free to be used to other OS's there will be real competition.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 12:29 PM
    This could be the beginning against Google's monopoly...

In Europe vs. Google, neither side is totally right | VentureBeat | Mobile | by Evan Blass

Posted via CB10
    I heard it was gonna snow in florida this summer. Someone opined that it would help BB10. This could be the beginning of a new start. Based on snow in Fl. GO BB 10
    04-24-16 01:31 PM
    What if there were a bbry shareholder revolt. We fire the whole board of directors and Chen, sell off the new acquisitions, use the money to hire back the bb10 staff, form a dedicated app team and retain an up and coming advertising firm to raise brand awareness around the world.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 02:29 PM
    What if there were a bbry shareholder revolt. We fire the whole board of directors and Chen, sell off the new acquisitions, use the money to hire back the bb10 staff, form a dedicated app team and retain an up and coming advertising firm to raise brand awareness around the world.
    Good plan. You should get started on that immediately.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-24-16 04:15 PM
    Good plan. You should get started on that immediately.
    Kinda hard to carry that plan out. Some people here complain about the costs of an app ;-)
    04-24-16 05:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    And there you wake up...

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-24-16 07:23 PM

And then the stock drops below $5 and you'll have to deal with the revolt against the revolution.
    IndianTiwari and JeepBB like this.
    04-24-16 07:34 PM
    And then the stock drops below $5 and you'll have to deal with the revolt against the revolution.
    At this point anyone with a little vision is better than nothing.
    04-24-16 08:59 PM
    Hope springs eternal.

Posted from my  Z10 via CB10
    04-24-16 09:16 PM
136 123 ...