Thank you! What is he smoking and where can I get some

Posted via CB10
    Now now! Iggy is a great guy...
    Who better know how to pass

GooBerry, haven't heard that one yet, but I like it! Mind if I use it?
    No problem, so long as I receive my royalties.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    07-06-16 08:11 PM
    Now now! Iggy is a great guy...
    Who better know how to pass

No problem, so long as I receive my royalties.
    Especially if that word goes into syndication, that's where the real money's at, lol.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-06-16 08:15 PM
    Especially if that word goes into syndication, that's where the real money's at, lol.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-game-1027159/
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    07-06-16 08:27 PM
    BlackBerry should have gone all in with the Hypervisor.

What did it have rumoured again? Quantum speeds with 8GB RAM and 256GB storage?

Man those were the days...
    JeepBB and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    07-06-16 11:38 PM
    I don't know exactly how much BlackBerry was offering the big name apps, but I know it was a sizable chunk of cheese. In the end, with low prospectives for users, they unfortunately decided two platforms were enough to support. Could BlackBerry have done more? Probably so..., but at what cost, and for what gain?

Their failures imo were releasing an immature OS, a mid-level spec product, an abysmal Link, and a stripped down Protect.
    Edit - Forgot to mention dropping BIS services. In the end, there was little to motivate BBOS users over, or get iPhone/Android users to switch.
    That's the thing.. they don't need to offer any big name apps any money out right. Market the heck out of your product, spend money on product placements, get people to notice your device... and then when they start to buy, and the "big name apps" so the public getting said device in droves, then they will jump on the band wagon. Ain't nobody jumping on a sinking ship, or a ghost ship!! There no money in that.

Ain't nobody got time for that! :-)

I do agree with you though in respect of launching an immature OS. When BB10 was launched, it was not ready. However, 10.3.2 is. It maybe we'll and gone too late now, and we all just talking retrospectively. BUT, i'll still stand by the fact that BlackBerry was NEVER fully committed to making BB10 a success.

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    acovey likes this.
    07-07-16 02:21 AM
    That's the thing.. they don't need to offer any big name apps any money out right. Market the heck out of your product, spend money on product placements, get people to notice your device... and then when they start to buy, and the "big name apps" so the public getting said device in droves, then they will jump on the band wagon. Ain't nobody jumping on a sinking ship, or a ghost ship!! There no money in that.

I do agree with you though in respect of launching an immature OS. When BB10 was launched, it was not ready. However, 10.3.2 is. It maybe we'll and gone too late now, and we all just talking retrospectively. BUT, i'll still stand by the fact that BlackBerry was NEVER fully committed to making BB10 a success.

Ok, so when 10.3.2 came out, they market the heck out of the phones. Errrrr...
    They market the heck out of the Passport, since it's the only phone left at that time with marketable specs. It isn't available on VZW. Has a form factor most consumers aren't interested in, and they want apps from the moment they buy the phone, not a "maybe in the future", if enough people buy it.
    07-07-16 07:10 AM

The problem is people want a device to do the "things" they expect from day one.... Back when the Z10 launched Instagram and Candy Crush were huge, but you could do neither. Sideloading wasn't even an option to begin with. Devices were returned because they didn't do the things that Android's and iPhones could do.

How many users would it have taken to get Instagram interested? 10 million, 20 million, 50 million, 100 million?

And the thing is it's not just BlackBerry.... Windows, FireFox, Sailfish, Tizen. They are all examples of "new" mobile operating systems that are just too late to the game. This is all about timing, not about commitmentment or how much money you are willing to spend.

Keven said it a number of times... BlackBerry had ONE SHOT at this new platform. After they flubbed the launch, there was no making BB10 "better" and then trying to rebuild from there. BB10's as a platform was already written off by everyone...
    JeepBB and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    07-07-16 07:18 AM
    RIP BB10.

No one truly understood you and realize that apps don't matter when you have a good browser.
    AMEN to that!!! Really - it bugs the snot out of me to have apps demand access to my contacts and files. At least with a browser I can cut the digital umbilical cord by clearing cookies and denying them.

As for BB10 - it's the reliability and the amazing ability of BlackBerry devices to get a signal where others can't that continues to impress me. My first experiences with a BlackBerry took place in remote Kenya in 2013 and a wildlife guide's bold-like BlackBerry save me from missing a deadline. He had card reader and we transferred the 2 stories from my mac to his phone and emailed them back to the US.

My first BlackBerry was the Bold 9900 and I loved it. I hoped to replace my 4s on Sprint with the Q10 but I didn't like. It - just didn't compare well with my trusted 9900.

Now I have the Passport SE - factory unlocked on ATT and I'm tickled pinl with it! Love being able to travel far and pop local sim into my phone!

Whatever else people want a phone for - the primary use in this tech age is phone text email and browse. I can write and edit my stories on here, if necessary. I can even take pix but I have pro DSLRs. I spend way too any hours daily on my laptop to want to conduct my little social life virtually on a digital device.

Call me old-fashioned... : )
    I love BlackBerry and 10 and I will ride their workhorses for phone text and emails until pigs fly to the moon!!!!

Everything else is just more icing on the digital cake!

Hay@JohnChen - are you paying attention?????

Posted via CB10
    moyah8 and acovey like this.
    07-07-16 08:23 AM
    AMEN to that!!! Really - it bugs the snot out of me to have apps demand access to my contacts and files. At least with a browser I can cut the digital umbilical cord by clearing cookies and denying them.

As for BB10 - it's the reliability and the amazing ability of BlackBerry devices to get a signal where others can't that continues to impress me. My first experiences with a BlackBerry took place in remote Kenya in 2013 and a wildlife guide's bold-like BlackBerry save me from missing a deadline. He had card reader and we transferred the 2 stories from my mac to his phone and emailed them back to the US.

My first BlackBerry was the Bold 9900 and I loved it. I hoped to replace my 4s on Sprint with the Q10 but I didn't like. It - just didn't compare well with my trusted 9900.

Now I have the Passport SE - factory unlocked on ATT and I'm tickled pinl with it! Love being able to travel far and pop local sim into my phone!

Whatever else people want a phone for - the primary use in this tech age is phone text email and browse. I can write and edit my stories on here, if necessary. I can even take pix but I have pro DSLRs. I spend way too any hours daily on my laptop to want to conduct my little social life virtually on a digital device.

Call me old-fashioned... : )
    I love BlackBerry and 10 and I will ride their workhorses for phone text and emails until pigs fly to the moon!!!!

Everything else is just more icing on the digital cake!

Hay@JohnChen - are you paying attention?????

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately, the niche you represent is too small to pursue for investors to commit resources and get acceptable ROI. All the people that are buying hardware voted to use IOS or Android long ago.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    BigBadWulf and rthonpm like this.
    07-07-16 09:02 AM
    Yes. Most Android phone manufacturers are. The exception is Samsung I believe.

Posted via CB10
    Nah that's a false statement being told so many times that people believe it's true.

The traditional brand like HTC and SONY, etc. ... are indeed in trouble, have been for years now. But not because Android phones don't sell, only because their Android phones don't sell.

Samsung is doing great of course, LG had a fantastic year in 2015, not sure how they are doing in 2016 because the data is not out yet but probably not very good because LG G5 was a flop.

The real trouble for traditional Android phone makers such as HTC and SONY, are new Android phone makers like Huawei, Xiaomi, Oppo, One Plus, Lenovo, Asus, etc... their continuing investments over the past a few years are beginning to pay off. A few years ago when you say most of the Android phone makers are not making money, it's probably true because these new phone makers were just entering the market, it would be a great success if they can just break even. After a few years of investments (and losses), now they have established their brands in Asian and global markets and collectively seized a large piece of the market share in Asia, taken from all phone makers including Apple and Samsung, not just HTC and SONY.

Yes they are turning profits now, and continuing to invest in this market. It's unfair to say most Android phone makers are losing money. In fact, most of the Android phone makers are doing better year over year. It's just that those traditional phone makers are doing worse and worse year over year, including BlackBerry.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    07-07-16 10:22 AM
    And yes, OP, you made the right decision not getting "sucked" into a Passport purchase. It's a great phone but if you look forward, might as well making the adjustment now.

It's not the strongest or the fastest survives in a long game, it's the ones who can adapt.
    07-07-16 10:28 AM
    I really love my Passport and I am very sad that the OS is dying....
    I loathe the day I have to fully move to Android.

Hopefully the BB10 experience will be on Android by then

Posted via CB10
    anon(8719892) likes this.
    07-07-16 10:50 AM
    I really love my Passport and I am very sad that the OS is dying....
    I loathe the day I have to fully move to Android.

Hopefully the BB10 experience will be on Android by then

Posted via CB10
    It's really not that bad. Android has matured a lot - especially when it's Blackberry who is at the helm.

It's perfectly useable and you can do everything you can do on BB10...... except more.

Posted via the 5X
    07-07-16 11:07 AM
    Ok, so when 10.3.2 came out, they market the heck out of the phones. Errrrr...
    They market the heck out of the Passport, since it's the only phone left at that time with marketable specs. It isn't available on VZW. Has a form factor most consumers aren't interested in, and they want apps from the moment they buy the phone, not a "maybe in the future", if enough people buy it.
    That's true.. it is far too late now. And as said in the other post, BB10 was in deed too late to the game. BUT, so was Apple. IOS was not quick to the market, but when it did.. they did great product placement and took ideas from other markets out their. Infact, they made IOS a success by making strong the complaints found in other mobile platform.. they made a interface so simple, that even your gran would find easy to use!

Market the heck out of the Passport was a waste of money... the fate for bb10 had already been sealed by the "immature" launch of the earlier devices. People had already lost interest and with Apple (the new kid in town) there was no going back.

So, what I think of BlackBerry now? Sadly, I must agree that I do not see them making a successful comeback on the phone hardware market place. Sorry, but Android WILL NOT help them to achieve success, nor will BB10 (at this stage in the game). That being said, I think it's fair to say that with great respect and admiration, I believe BlackBerry should ditch the hardware business and focus on software.

It's a harsh reality that I've started to come to terms with.

BigBadWulf and GeneralGrabber like this.
    07-07-16 11:33 AM
    To the OP, the passport is a great phone especially if your preference is pkb. Having said that you would be most wise in getting an apple or driod. The apps are there and in this digital all connected world we have moved in that is definitely the going trend and seems no stopping for some time. It is as they say evolution. Optical media such as cds and dvds are on their way out in place of ota digital counterparts for just one example. As far as BlackBerry is concerned with their moving to software the best thing to do ( in my opinion) is take the best aspects of bb10, the fluidity, the hub, multitasking and security and incorporate these into android and license it so it can make it's way on several manufacturers' devices.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 12:14 PM
    And here I am, currently using a Passport, considering buy a second one in case this one breaks.

The Passport is an amazing device. It's shortcomings are it's camera and some apps, most of which I don't care about.

Posted via CB10
    KemKev and The_Passporter like this.
    07-07-16 12:35 PM
    Except Blend and Hub

It's really not that bad. Android has matured a lot - especially when it's Blackberry who is at the helm.

It's perfectly useable and you can do everything you can do on BB10...... except more.

Posted via the 5X
    07-07-16 12:42 PM
    Really hope that Blend is on the roadmap .
    07-07-16 01:38 PM
    If they ever drop the price on Passport SE again, because "BB10 is dead" and nobody wants them, I will be picking up another one.
    Yup. Me too.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.2813
    acovey likes this.
    07-07-16 02:42 PM
    I continue to love the PP and would gladly stock up on another one if the price is right. I just enjoy using it and the screen size is right. I use an Android tablet and am not quite sure I am ready to use an Android phone just yet.
    07-07-16 02:43 PM

Posted via the 5X
    Except Blend and Hub
    ....and Peek and Flow, correct? And does it have a stupid Home button?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.2813
    07-07-16 02:45 PM
    Amazing how personally sound business decisions can be taken. BB10 is a proven consumer failure. The Passport came out well over a year ago. The time when your purchase could have influenced BB10's fate has long since passed.
    November of 2014.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-07-16 07:09 PM
    UR loss! That's all I have to say.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    07-07-16 07:57 PM
    How I wish that were true! Does your bank offer check deposits through its website? How's Whatsapp working on the browser? Google maps? Tried paying for parking in Chicago? Any good media players like Pandora or Spotify? Snapchat?

Shall I go on?
    Chase Bank and Fifth Third Bank apps work on my z10. I can deposit checks also

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 08:16 PM
    Chase Bank and Fifth Third Bank apps work on my z10. I can deposit checks also

Posted via CB10
    Please read back. The point was you need apps, because you cannot do it via the browser.
    07-07-16 08:54 PM
57 123