I've been back and forth from BlackBerry and the iPhone a bunch of times...and have tried to get comfy with OS10 3-4 times with both the Z10 and Z30, both of which I abandoned for the comfort zone (personal) of iOS within a day or so. But...I feel the pull of the warm place in my heart for all things BlackBerry again...so I should have a nice Z30 in my hands tomorrow, and I'm gonna give BB/OS10 another chance.

All that to say this...I don't want to do without apps that are important to me. Number one being my banking app.

Is there an Empire Bank app for OS10? If there is...awesome! If not...what would take it's place?

How is Facebook & Twitter on OS10?

Is there a special setup for my Gmail account on OS10? If so...please tutor me.

Thanks!
    03-13-15 11:17 AM
    Giving OS10 one more chance-img_20150313_092816.png

Blackberry app situation is really not that bad as people like to put it.

The Android app compatibility really helps.

I also use an Android app for my bank even though the bank app is available on BlackBerry store.

As for Facebook and Twitter, they work fine, without any issues.

I can't comment on the Gmail thing since I don't use it, but it should work fine and a lot of people here use Gmail.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 11:30 AM
    No real special setup for Gmail.

Just goto settings, accounts, add account.

add email.
    enter gmail adress, enter
    enter password
    choose which stuff to sync (email, contacts, calendar)
    enter
    03-13-15 11:35 AM
    You have not picked the best time to come back to BlackBerry, 10.3.1 has issues, I'm sure BlackBerry will get on top of the most obvious and annoying ones however.

What is your reason for repeatedly coming back to BlackBerry from iOS and then giving up so soon after. You cannot evaluate an operating system in such a short period of time and if you don't feel comfortable with the learning curve then head to a Samsung Android device because it is relatively easy to get going with all of the apps you could want.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 12:04 PM
    You have not picked the best time to come back to BlackBerry, 10.3.1 has issues, I'm sure BlackBerry will get on top of the most obvious and annoying ones however.

What is your reason for repeatedly coming back to BlackBerry from iOS and then giving up so soon after. You cannot evaluate an operating system in such a short period of time and if you don't feel comfortable with the learning curve then head to a Samsung Android device because it is relatively easy to get going with all of the apps you could want.

Posted via CB10
    I guess I just remember the love I had for BlackBerry years ago when qwerty was cool. Maybe I'm hoping it'll "hook me" and I'll be as enthralled as some of you OS10 fans are. So far, it hasn't happened...but something pulls me back.
    gebco likes this.
    03-13-15 10:16 PM
    I guess I just remember the love I had for BlackBerry years ago when qwerty was cool. Maybe I'm hoping it'll "hook me" and I'll be as enthralled as some of you OS10 fans are. So far, it hasn't happened...but something pulls me back.
    If the Z30 doesn't do it, then nothing will.

As far as BB10, I think it's the best OS for getting things done. When I'm on my wife's iPhone I feel like I'm working in slow motion. Can't even compare the two virtual keyboards as BB is much better. The gestures on BB10 are just such a simple way to navigate an OS. Flicking up for word correction, on and on.

That said, there are aspects of the iPhone I like. If there are apps you need that you can't get on BlackBerry, then that will probably be your deciding factor. For me, there is no better phone than the BB Z30. Absolutely love it!

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.3289
    03-13-15 11:25 PM
    I feel you bro, there are some things on my Z3 Compact/iphone 5S that are hard to give up, when returning to a BlackBerry device

However, pkb is a must for me, so I am willing to compromise a bit

Also android runtime is much better now on the 10.3.1, and for me Android apps (not games though) runs okay on my Classic. Maybe you should give it a try again

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 02:14 AM
    Flicking up for word correction, on and on.
    there is keyboard apps called octopus keyboard on iOS, it works the same way as BB OS 10 keyboard.
    03-14-15 02:40 AM
    there is keyboard apps called octopus keyboard on iOS, it works the same way as BB OS 10 keyboard.
    There's nothing that works the same as a BlackBerry keyboard.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    howards and kayuz6 like this.
    03-14-15 02:39 PM
    I am very happy with my Passport and BlackBerry in general. Love that I can actually attach something or many things to an email reply! Bb10 is getting better all the time. I don't do a lot of android apps but the ones I need work very well on the Passport. Good luck and remember if you run into an issue check in the forums. There is likely an answer for most problems here. Highly recommend cobalts android solutions found in the android sub forum.

Passport on AT&T
    03-14-15 02:45 PM
    There's nothing that works the same as a BlackBerry keyboard.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    have you try it before?
    octopus keyboard
    Giving OS10 one more chance-notes.jpg
    crimson keyboard
    Giving OS10 one more chance-typing_poster.jpg
    I think you should try available option out there.
    03-14-15 11:29 PM
    have you try it before?
    octopus keyboard
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	notes.jpg 
Views:	758 
Size:	166.2 KB 
ID:	341240
    crimson keyboard
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	typing_poster.jpg 
Views:	758 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	341241
    I think you should try available option out there.
    Still no swipe to erase, and swipe down to access quick numbers and symbols.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 12:18 AM
    Still no swipe to erase, and swipe down to access quick numbers and symbols.

Posted via CB10
    yeah I said it as an option. But since major of people doesn't need it as a primary requirement for typing I think apple won't make it available in built in keyboard. But swipping features are supported by others keyboard apps on iOS too.
    03-15-15 01:34 AM
    I like the swype features of my Kindle keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 07:23 AM
    I guess everyone has their own preferences in keyboards. But if you really want something different and innovative, then you should try the Passport. It has the best of both worlds. The capacitive touch sensitive, physical keyboard is really efficient to type in. All the swipe gestures while typing is still available but with a physical keyboard that Blackberry is known for.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 05:30 PM
    I've been back and forth from BlackBerry and the iPhone a bunch of times...and have tried to get comfy with OS10 3-4 times with both the Z10 and Z30, both of which I abandoned for the comfort zone (personal) of iOS within a day or so. But...I feel the pull of the warm place in my heart for all things BlackBerry again...so I should have a nice Z30 in my hands tomorrow, and I'm gonna give BB/OS10 another chance.

All that to say this...I don't want to do without apps that are important to me. Number one being my banking app.

Is there an Empire Bank app for OS10? If there is...awesome! If not...what would take it's place?

How is Facebook & Twitter on OS10?

Is there a special setup for my Gmail account on OS10? If so...please tutor me.

Thanks!
    The Empire Bank - Mobile app can be downloaded through Android Store via SNAP.

Facebook and Twitter works fine on Blackberry OS 10. Although I don't personally use the app as there are some issues within the App (not Blackberry's fault, but the app itself), I use the website version through the Blackberry browser which is a lot better for me.

I use Gmail as my main contacts, calendars and contacts. In terms of Sync, its been 100% without issue for me since I've got this Blackberry 1 year and half ago. When I do updates through autoloader (complete wipe), I put my Gmail in and syncs without any issues.
    03-15-15 05:51 PM
    I was playing with an old iPhone 2 and iPhone 4. How far Apple had come. Even iPhone 4 with iOS 6 didn't support the newer wireless encryption standards. And it wasn't until iPhone 4 that their camera had a built-in flash. So i think BB OS10 has come a long way even faster than Apple had in the earlier days.
    03-16-15 12:34 AM
    I was playing with an old iPhone 2 and iPhone 4. How far Apple had come. Even iPhone 4 with iOS 6 didn't support the newer wireless encryption standards. And it wasn't until iPhone 4 that their camera had a built-in flash. So i think BB OS10 has come a long way even faster than Apple had in the earlier days.
    it's faster because it left behind
    03-16-15 10:35 AM