Getting real tired of that one person in the room that sees people asking to see my Q10, handling it, and loving it and says 'PFFFT. Too bad blackberry will be dead soon'

I know it's not true. You know it's not true. Give me a list of facts to spout at the person until they never have an opinion again.

BlackBerry sales, specs, comparison to other popular phones; anything that will let me tear them to shreds for their niave, uninformed and pretty much stupid comment. A good wack of information all in one place, please.

Posted via CB10
    akabbani and Dave Bourque like this.
    05-10-13 02:36 PM
    Getting real tired of that one person in the room that sees people asking to see my Q10, handling it, and loving it and says 'PFFFT. Too bad blackberry will be dead soon'

I know it's not true. You know it's not true. Give me a list of facts to spout at the person until they never have an opinion again.

BlackBerry sales, specs, comparison to other popular phones; anything that will let me tear them to shreds for their niave, uninformed and pretty much stupid comment. A good wack of information all in one place, please.

Posted via CB10
    Tell them they can't believe everything they read. Most of those sensationalist headlines are just meant to generate page clicks. Remind them that a second ago they were loving the phone, and that millions of people are wanting that experience and not being dense enough to read everything they see online.
    05-10-13 02:41 PM
    their last quarter they made a profit of $98 million. vs their previous quarter a year ago which was a loss of $125 million.

their share price is has increased nearly 160% since September 2012. An increase like that shows market confidence.

Is that enough?
    05-10-13 02:45 PM
    Tell them they can't believe everything they read. Most of those sensationalist headlines are just meant to generate page clicks. Remind them that a second ago they were loving the phone, and that millions of people are wanting that experience and not being dense enough to read everything they see online.
    That's pretty much what I do now, then they just smirk and say 'yeah ok' because the majority of people do in fact believe out of context headlines they read or hear about. I want to be able to give details on why those headlines are stupid and wrong.

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    05-10-13 02:45 PM
    their last quarter they made a profit of $98 million. vs their previous quarter a year ago which was a loss of $125 million.

their share price is has increased nearly 160% since September 2012. An increase like that shows market confidence.

Is that enough?
    That's the stuff.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 02:46 PM
    That's pretty much what I do now, then they just smirk and say 'yeah ok' because the majority of people do in fact believe out of context headlines they read or hear about. I want to be able to give details on why those headlines are stupid and wrong.

Posted via CB10
    unfortunately, that's the perception that the end consumer has. Perception can be changed... that's what good marketing can do.

Example. Old Spice products used to have a perception it was for old people. They have re-positioned the brand and changed the perception with marketing to a lower age category.

So it can be done. It just takes time.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    05-10-13 02:50 PM
    As BB market share grows.... others will start to see it is not true..... only then will additudes change....
    05-10-13 02:54 PM
    I find that's what people say when they really don't know what they're talking about. They will regurgitate the last thing they heard about the product ( any product ) labeled as. Or say the latest catch phrase about the product.

Whether it be a phone car clothing etc.
    bluetroll likes this.
    05-10-13 03:01 PM
    If he's using an iPhone, just laugh lol

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 08:59 PM
    Had similar experience in the auto parts store. Guy asks, "Is that the new BlackBerry? " Me: "Yup" as I place the black Z10 on the counter for him to drool over. He asks, "May I?" I indulge him. "Go ahead..." This freakin' iPhone 4S toting iSheep picks it up, flicks through a couple screens and responds, "Meh... It's a BlackBerry..."

Okay you *****! Put my phone down. Finish ringing up my quart of oil smart guy! I tell his as I leave, "It does everything your iPhone does and more!"

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 09:16 PM
    Had similar experience in the auto parts store. Guy asks, "Is that the new BlackBerry? " Me: "Yup" as I place the black Z10 on the counter for him to drool over. He asks, "May I?" I indulge him. "Go ahead..." This freakin' iPhone 4S toting iSheep picks it up, flicks through a couple screens and responds, "Meh... It's a BlackBerry..."

Okay you *****! Put my phone down. Finish ringing up my quart of oil smart guy! I tell his as I leave, "It does everything your iPhone does and more!"

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Posted via CB10
    It's psychological behaviour to do that, because it helps that individual believe that they made the best decision buying the iPhone.

People need to have an open mind. It makes life better.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 09:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    Remind yourself it's just a phone and carry on your day. People are going to believe what they want to believe.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    05-10-13 09:43 PM
    Remind yourself it's just a phone and carry on your day. People are going to believe what they want to believe.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Exactly. I'm the first guy to gush about how awesome the phone is. But it's awesome because it meets my needs. Others feel the same about iOS or Android. There are things that BlackBerry does better than the other two and things that the other two do better as well. Different strokes.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 10:01 PM
    unfortunately, that's the perception that the end consumer has. Perception can be changed... that's what good marketing can do.

Example. Old Spice products used to have a perception it was for old people. They have re-positioned the brand and changed the perception with marketing to a lower age category.

So it can be done. It just takes time.
    And before the perception it was for old people, Old Spice was actually marketed to women!
    bluetroll likes this.
    05-11-13 10:27 AM
    I know a guy like that.

Irony is that when you mention a study he laughs if you only read the article and not the study. Guy laughed when I first mentioned bbry because it is a dead company.

If people don't want to learn, so be it.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 10:37 AM
    Generates cash, doesn't burn it. That's the first thing articles mentioned granted not lately.

No debt.

Billions in cash on the books.

These 3 things are all that are needed to show that it's not dieing.

Or you can just respond with the old "Is your life blissful?" which has obvious connotations.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 10:41 AM
    And before the perception it was for old people, Old Spice was actually marketed to women!
    awesome. i never knew that. thanks for the history lesson!
    05-12-13 04:11 PM