I'm not sure this is the most appropriate place to be posting, but I've got to share.

The CB forums of late, have become a negative space. I get the frustrations, BlackBerry 10 going into 'maintenance mode' or bb10 is dead' along with slamming the company is a lot of what I read on here these days.

But I feel like, we are forgetting the greatness of this company too, and what they have brought to the table over the years, and their (sure, arguably failed) attempt to bring innovation into people's lives through devices and a rock solid OS.

Playing with iOS and Android can't be easy game, look at MS struggling to even have a spot on the field...

Anyway let's not forget what BlackBerry tried to do, they give us excellent hardware backed by an amazing OS - they also listened to their fans, they succeeded in giving us android runtime so to fill the app gap... we still complain..

BlackBerry hasn't really done anything wrong by us, sure perhaps their marketing could have been better to have more sales to equal a more secure future, but up until today they haven't bailed on us or let us down.

So instead of all the BlackBerry bashing, let's give them a break, remember all the good thing they brought to the mobile world and celebrate them for fighting this long in an uphill battle.

I for one am ready to move forward with BlackBerry, regardless of whether that means moving to Android or not, I'm loyal and as much as I'd miss BB10 ill jump ship to keep supporting.

I just hope that if BlackBerry choose that path they announce it soon (cause I'm impatient ).

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 05:23 PM
    The people that should be reasonably pissed are passport, classic and leap users. Z10,Z30,Q5,Q10 had a good run.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    03-02-16 05:52 PM
    A nice sentiment but unfortunately we live in a "what have you done for me lately" society. But, I think this is why people are so angry/upset--they were given a great product but don't want it to go away.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 06:37 PM
    BlackBerry played a huge part in creating the industry that ended up being a huge part of my career for more than 10 years! They opened my eyes to the potential of smartphones. I definitely admire and respect that phase of their life. That's why I still follow the company as closely as I do. I've also been an on and off investor through some really great times and some really horrible ones.

That does, however, make this last 9 years frustrating to watch. So I understand the frustration expressed on this forum. People here, for various reasons, do care about BlackBerry.
    03-02-16 06:54 PM
    yeah and I totally agree / understand people's various frustrations, I just don't want to forget the good of the company too..

Posted via CB10
    gruv4u and skinnymike1 like this.
    03-02-16 07:05 PM
    They have through the years made horrible mistakes, but I agree, overall it's been awesome, which is why I've been an abuser of their products for the past 8 years.

It's a shame the drumbeat of entitlement lately has drowned out the voices of reason. Too many seem to prefer utter extinction, disregarding BlackBerry is a publicly held company, who is struggling to maintain thousands of good people's jobs.
    bbnrs, gruv4u, skinnymike1 and 5 others like this.
    03-02-16 10:39 PM
    Agree. What I don't like is the fact that some people are very insistent with the "BlackBerry 10 is dead" comment. I am still using BlackBerry 10 and is not dead. Maybe it will be dead in the future, but nobody can predict the future. BlackBerry said that they will go full Android only if they can bring Android at the same level of security and experience as BlackBerry 10 is.
    Also, if they will not sell Android devices to the "masses" I don't think they will ditch BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    DudeManBud Man likes this.
    03-02-16 11:24 PM
    What's most surprising to me is that a lot of people only seem to be realizing it as of late. BB10 has been dead for a long time. A very long time. You could see it with dev support. Or lack of dev support to be precise. I will admit though, I refused to believe it for quite awhile too.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-03-16 12:16 AM
    http://www.itworldcanada.com/blog/wh...inkId=21793726

This is a great article on the direction that BlackBerry is now headed.

I too am sick of hearing all the negativity - it appears that some people spend far too much time on their phones instead of looking around at the real world.

Posted via CB10
    jackstar86 and skinnymike1 like this.
    03-03-16 12:22 AM
    There certainly does seem to be a lot of angst between the current BB10 is dead crowd vs the android sucks crowd .
    03-03-16 12:26 AM
    Why BlackBerry believes secure mobile collaboration is the future | IT World Canada Blog

This is a great article on the direction that BlackBerry is now headed.

I too am sick of hearing all the negativity.
    The problem is BlackBerry has really split their customer base. And I hate to be negative but reading that article just shows how little they (BlackBerry) gets it on a large level.
    Oh well, I can at least enjoy BB10 .
    03-03-16 12:30 AM
    Read that book Losing the Signal if anyone has any doubts how clever they were at one time. Very clever. They out maneuvered Nokia and Motorola.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-03-16 12:32 AM
    Great post OP.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    aseeralmadi likes this.
    03-03-16 12:36 AM
    All handsets manufactured under Thor period is of awesome quality, finesse, and durability coupled with good looks some even winning Red Dot award.

Chen's period saw Chinese manufactured/ foxconn churned phones with not so good fit n finish even the design never appealed to masses. Quality wise those phones suffered chipping of keyboard coatings, trackpad silver bezel wearing out early and many other instances and especially all those phones are with non removable battery which I never liked.

I love BlackBerry!! Hate Chen!!

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 12:49 AM
    I
    Anyway let's not forget what BlackBerry tried to do, they give us excellent hardware backed by an amazing OS - they also listened to their fans, they succeeded in giving us android runtime so to fill the app gap... we still complain..

Posted via CB10
    The android runtime was an amazing innovation. It's too bad they didn't market it better since "two phones in your pocket" could have been a great slogan . Or "A better android then android".
    03-03-16 03:12 AM
    The android runtime was an amazing innovation. It's too bad they didn't market it better since "two phones in your pocket" could have been a great slogan . Or "A better android then android".

The Android RT is unmarketable, which is likely why BB didn't.

I can see the marketing tagline now... "Yes, there are very few native BB10 Apps, but the Android RT allows you to run Android Apps too - and most of them even work"
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-03-16 05:22 AM
    The people that should be reasonably pissed are passport, classic and leap users. Z10,Z30,Q5,Q10 had a good run.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    Have Passport, not pissed

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.1.1779)
    03-03-16 06:28 AM
    Imagine that you have 1 % of the market; you will give up immediately! But BlackBerry is trying all these years to keep going .. and That's why I'm grateful to them 3>
    03-03-16 06:44 AM
    Being a Blackberry fan is frustrating. I have used all the OSes. The Blackberry is by far the best in terms of usability. But the engineers killed the company. They saw the iPhone and looked at it as a toy. They didn't see its ease of use on the touchscreen. They didn't see the app ecosystem. They brought out the POS Storm. They did the Torch, which was OK, but not a real touchscreen device. The Z10 was a breath of fresh air. Unfortunately, it was too late. The other devices are too late. I'm torn between Android and Windows as my next device. Both have their issues. I do like the Windows text-to-speech feature that is native. When I'm on my motorcycle, that will come in handy. Presumably, with it being Windows, the app ecosystem will catch up. Eventually losing Whatsapp is a problem for me. It just saved my *** the other day. Did a WiFi call from a no-coverage area. I'm afraid, in hardware, Blackberry is going to end up like Palm, whose lunch was eaten by Blackberry. I'm going to miss the gesture-based controls. The swiping left and right, up and down. It's all very intuitive. No home button is very useful. But I'm guessing I'm gone by the end of this year, beginning of next. It's a shame. I don't do it angrily, just need to do it for my own productivity.
    03-03-16 08:43 AM
    Have Passport, not pissed

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.1.1779)
    Have Z10 since first launch, never been disappointed and still not disappointed. IMHO BlackBerry did a great job making an innovative OS from scratch with BB10.
    I'm just waiting to see if they can translate that BB10 feel to Android in Marshmallow.

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-03-16 09:06 AM
    I'm not sure this is the most appropriate place to be posting, but I've got to share.

The CB forums of late, have become a negative space. I get the frustrations, BlackBerry 10 going into 'maintenance mode' or bb10 is dead' along with slamming the company is a lot of what I read on here these days.

But I feel like, we are forgetting the greatness of this company too, and what they have brought to the table over the years, and their (sure, arguably failed) attempt to bring innovation into people's lives through devices and a rock solid OS.

Playing with iOS and Android can't be easy game, look at MS struggling to even have a spot on the field...

BlackBerry hasn't really done anything wrong by us, sure perhaps their marketing could have been better to have more sales to equal a more secure future, but up until today they haven't bailed on us or let us down.

So instead of all the BlackBerry bashing, let's give them a break, remember all the good thing they brought to the mobile world and celebrate them for fighting this long in an uphill battle.

I for one am ready to move forward with BlackBerry, regardless of whether that means moving to Android or not, I'm loyal and as much as I'd miss BB10 ill jump ship to keep supporting.

I just hope that if BlackBerry choose that path they announce it soon (cause I'm impatient ).

Posted via CB10
    Ha ha what do you mean as of late? This forum is septic with negativity and has been for a few years lol. I used to get frustrated but now I just laugh and say oops there's another one and another double/ triple post on the same thing lol. People are pissed cause they don't like android as an alternative or being forced to move to it whether it has BlackBerry accents or not. I believe when I say "we" I mean all on this forum, that we want the continued support and development for BB10 with new devices.
    All I can say is thank God for the Passport or I would have jumped ship a two years ago.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 10:02 AM
    I loved Blackberry Smartphones and their operating system (BBOS 6/7, OS10), not the logo on the back ... that's the reason
    03-03-16 10:32 AM
    Read that book Losing the Signal if anyone has any doubts how clever they were at one time. Very clever. They out maneuvered Nokia and Motorola.
    It's also a great read that sheds light on some of the biggest mistakes that they've made and paints a pretty clear picture of why/how they are where they are now...

I can appreciate the sentiment of the OP, but things can't be nice and rosy all the time - if people can praise BlackBerry, they definitely deserve to judge them, too. I agree that it's sometimes getting a little tiresome reading that 'BlackBerry is dead', but who says you need to read those threads?

Let's be honest, BlackBerry f'd up A LOT. CrackBerry is a forum for the biggest BlackBerry fanatics, who have over the years become pretty invested (emotionally or otherwise) in the company, so yeah, i'd say it's fair that you'll find some pretty negative people around here these days. Do you blame them? You can't really have it both ways and say that people should remember all of the good things that the company gave us and commend them for it, but then say nothing when they've let us down time and time again.

I use a BlackBerry because I love the hardware, and I think BB10 is a great OS. I root for the them because it is (arguably, was) a great Canadian company that pretty much invented the smartphone and it holds a lot of nostalgia for me. I think that they can do great things again, and I think that Chen has made some really tough, but necessary decisions. I am also not forgetting (which I have in the past) that they are a public company and they care about me just as much as any other public company ... as long as I buy their products.
    Last edited by hoopitz; 03-04-16 at 03:54 PM.
    03-03-16 12:05 PM
    well if you look at it, it's like having holiday from installing leaks, glad that OS10 got to a very solid stage of running smooth and reliable.

and the devices are made to last a long time too, so no point craving for a new device shape ever so often, don't mind having a new Blackberry every two years in stead of getting one every year, absolut no point for that.

So yes give BlackBerry a brake getting sorted out instead of chasing around and flooding the market with lots of new half baked devices, things need time.
    Believe it or not but I'm still using a Leica M6 which I bought in 1986 and still it's the best camera I had over the years and I had many as a photographic journalist believe me.

With other words, if you got a perfectly working device, use it for what it can do for you, no need to get the newest and latest on the shelf, but quality and there is no regret.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++le
    03-03-16 12:06 PM
    They have through the years made horrible mistakes, but I agree, overall it's been awesome, which is why I've been an abuser of their products for the past 8 years.

It's a shame the drumbeat of entitlement lately has drowned out the voices of reason. Too many seem to prefer utter extinction, disregarding BlackBerry is a publicly held company, who is struggling to maintain thousands of good people's jobs.
    Change your font color, its like you are yelling all the time,
    anon(2313227) and skinnymike1 like this.
    03-03-16 03:05 PM
48 12